• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    Any update on the show? Anyone get anything good?

I was there for a few hours this afternoon looking at all the handguns. It took me a while to find a dealer that had the Walther PPS, but I eventually found my way to the ZXGun tables. I think they had the largest selection of handguns as far as I could tell, and they were the only dealer I saw with the PPS. They were almost overwhelmed with business, and I must have waited for 50 minutes for them to get back to me after filling out the paperwork.

I had to cough up $565, but this is very competitive even with the online pricing that I could find for a new PPS.

I also got a nice solid leather belt and IWB holster (The Master's Holster) from another vendor. The guy ate $7 in tax because I paid in cash, so that was nice.

I thought it was a nice show, but I don't really have anything to compare it to yet.

My only complaint was the $3 Sierra Mist that I drank. 300% mark up, really?

mtk469

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I went first thing in the morning. Pretty typical fort wayne show. A few good deals here and there. Alot of over priced stuff IMO. Brad had a nice setup with lots of nice stuff. ZX was busy everytime I walked by it seemed. Left empty handed but thats okay. There were 2 or 3 things I was looking for and didn't find em..

Matt

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.7%
    36   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Sorry to say, bu I'd rather slam my pee-pee in a car door than go to another Ft wayne show. The only things there worth looking at are INGO. 21st booth, C-wood's deal.... other than that ugh..................I can't believe Jahred and Cwood give it the time of day.

I have SAID it many times !
    How dod we make it any better if we dont go and support the locals!!

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I eventually found my way to the ZXGun tables. I think they had the largest selection of handguns as far as I could tell, and they were the only dealer I saw with the PPS. They were almost overwhelmed with business, and I must have waited for 50 minutes for them to get back to me after filling out the paperwork.

I had to cough up $565, but this is very competitive even with the online pricing that I could find for a new PPS.

I also got a nice solid leather belt and IWB holster (The Master's Holster) from another vendor. The guy ate $7 in tax because I paid in cash, so that was nice.

I thought it was a nice show, but I don't really have anything to compare it to yet.

My only complaint was the $3 Sierra Mist that I drank. 300% mark up, really?

You mentioned in a earlier post this was your first show.... For being your first, sounds like you figured it out well and did great... in just my opinion, you bought from probably the dealer with the largest selection there and also probably got the best price... If I were looking for a gun, I would of checked there also and (2) other local vendors... While I feel ZX is hard to beat on price, the (2) others there I like more than make up for maybe a few bucks more with their awesome record of service and are more local and (1) being a site supporter also.

I have SAID it many times !
    How dod we make it any better if we dont go and support the locals!!

I know there are (2) sides on this issue... I'm not so sure either side is entirely right... I have went to every show there since they have held it there. I fully understand it is now just a shell of what it used to be... Saying that though, I still make every show just because I feel where else can I go on that given Sat or Sun that would have (3) or (4) INGO advertisers present , along with a few other great vendors such as Ranger Supply, ZX Guns and Hillside Shooting Supplies, along with a few more that I am forgetting to mention.

I went Sat and also currently playing with the idea of stopping by for a short time today... Yesterday, I got some much needed ammo from Indiana Supply Depot, made a couple GREAT deals with the Brad's Knives/Knife Girl tables, and got a couple of additional small things...

Also, for any Ft Wayners thinking they might sell some silver... get out and see Brad Knives.. The (3) or (4) Ft Wayne dealers won't come close to treating you as fairly as Brad will !

Lastly, a huge thanks for Cwood for the ammo and Brad for the new Knife and more than fair deal on the silver !

Last edited:

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    You mentioned in a earlier post this was your first show.... For being your first, sounds like you figured it out well and did great... in just my opinion, you bought from probably the dealer with the largest selection there and also probably got the best price... If I were looking for a gun, I would of checked there also and (2) other local vendors... While I feel ZX is hard to beat on price, the (2) others there I like more than make up for maybe a few bucks more with their awesome record of service and are more local and (1) being a site supporter also.

I know there are (2) sides on this issue... I'm not so sure either side is entirely right... I have went to every show there since they have held it there. I fully understand it is now just a shell of what it used to be... Saying that though, I still make every show just because I feel where else can I go on that given Sat or Sun that would have (3) or (4) INGO advertisers present , along with a few other great vendors such as Ranger Supply, ZX Guns and Hillside Shooting Supplies, along with a few more that I am forgetting to mention.

I went Sat and also currently playing with the idea of stopping by for a short time today... Yesterday, I got some much needed ammo from Indiana Supply Depot, made a couple GREAT deals with the Brad's Knives/Knife Girl tables, and got a couple of additional small things...

Also, for any Ft Wayners thinking they might sell some silver... get out and see Brad Knives.. The (3) or (4) Ft Wayne dealers won't come close to treating you as fairly as Brad will !

Lastly, a huge thanks for Cwood for the ammo and Brad for the new Knife and more than fair deal on the silver !

Thank you for your support. The shows can be very costly and with your support it helps us to keep doing those shows. Also a BIG thanks for calling me Knife Girl ( instead of Lady) lol I love it ....:D

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Thank you for your support. The shows can be very costly and with your support it helps us to keep doing those shows. Also a BIG thanks for calling me Knife Girl ( instead of Lady) lol I love it ....:D

And I knew that ! Guess I was just too excited about the new knife when I was typing... Actually, after typing that, I went back after doing some more research last night and saw Brad again... With Brad's help and patience, I picked up a small Spyderco folder to go along with the CRKT I bought yesterday... I also picked up a ESEE-4 from a partner of his that wasn't around... :D

Having to buy (3) knives was the result of neglecting my knife needs for decades...

Thanks again to Brad and Knife Lady !

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I picked up an ESEE Junglas at the end of the show.
    IMG_20110109_183201.jpg

Last edited:

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I went exclusively to meet up with Bradsknives for a great deal on a ZT0300. Great guy to deal with BTW. Drooled on a couple ESSE's as well. I picked up a very elusive Sub 2000 G22 from ZX. I then left immediately before I saw anything else I "needed". I usually can only make the Sunday shows, and I was very surprised how busy it was compared to the last few. It seemed to me that the vendors were doing quite well. After the last Ft. Wayne show, I swore I'd never go again. This one may have changed my mind. :ingo:

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    went this weekend and got the wife a new taurus 738 tcp 380 and a 25 round 10/22 mag good show didn't find but 1 hi cap 10/22 mag though:rockwoot:

Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    We'd like to say a huge thanks to everyone who made this show a great one. Especially Lawrra and my wife Jaime for helping out so much, Cwood and Crystal came down and lended us a hand from time to time. Not sure how many INGO'ers I met as very few introduced themselves to me, but I had 2-3 of them stop by. Don't worry the mustache is dead for the time being everyone.

We appreciate everyone's patronage at the shows, and hope to see you again in the future.

-The Gamez Family

I Like Firearms

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    This bashing of the show is getting mighty old. What does everyone expect? You can not always get something for nothing. People who do these shows are there to make money, this is not a hobby for a lot of these guys. This is how they make money to support their family. If you don't want to spend money then stay home and be a internet ninja.Why not go and be opened minded and meet some cool people that know probably more about guns and other related items then you do. If you leave empty handed its probably your fault for A. Being Cheap B. Being Unrealistic or C. You went with a closed mind and already had a preconceived notion that it was going to be bad because some other doosh said so.

QUIT YOUR BELLYACHING!

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    This bashing of the show is getting mighty old. What does everyone expect? You can not always get something for nothing. People who do these shows are there to make money, this is not a hobby for a lot of these guys. This is how they make money to support their family. If you don't want to spend money then stay home and be a internet ninja.Why not go and be opened minded and meet some cool people that know probably more about guns and other related items then you do. If you leave empty handed its probably your fault for A. Being Cheap B. Being Unrealistic or C. You went with a closed mind and already had a preconceived notion that it was going to be bad because some other doosh said so.

QUIT YOUR BELLYACHING!

Repped.... and thank you....

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I picked up a M&P 9c from ZX (been wanting one for a long time), and a buddy of mine got a Keltec P11 for $250. It wasn't nearly as exciting as the bridal show next door, but pretty decent.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom