• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    Anyone here use Frontier/Verizon DSL internet in the Portage/Valparaiso area? If so, have you been experiencing any slow speeds, disconnections, etc within the past month? If so, has it been rectified?

With repeated difficulties, I cancelled the service and went to Comcast. While I'm flying online now, the service is much more expensive than what I was quoted. So, to save money, I am considering going back to Frontier, even though their tech support sucks ass. I'd be saving $17/month, but need reliable internet for job searches.

Erick

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Anyone here use Frontier/Verizon DSL internet in the Portage/Valparaiso area? If so, have you been experiencing any slow speeds, disconnections, etc within the past month? If so, has it been rectified?

With repeated difficulties, I cancelled the service and went to Comcast. While I'm flying online now, the service is much more expensive than what I was quoted. So, to save money, I am considering going back to Frontier, even though their tech support sucks ass. I'd be saving $17/month, but need reliable internet for job searches.

Erick

Have you researched the different tiers of Comcast HSI? They have an economy tier that is quite fast yet much cheaper than the standard.

evilblackrifle

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Portage, IN
    Their economy internet service is $26.95/mo, with downloads up to 1.5mb. Anyone have this? DSL was fine up until a few weeks ago until it went down. I had 3mb download, and it was fine. any insight?

_OZ_

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    In Search of the Holy Grail
    I just called Frontier this morning and cancelled my DSL service.. Been with Verizon and them for almost 10 years at a great speed of 765 .... in the last 6 months I have lost my service(phone also) twice and both times for 5 days! The first 5 days was Verizon, they told me 3 to 5 days, told them I was on call, they said so what.. sad thing was that I knew it would be 5 days... at almost the same hour it went out, it came back on, 5 days later!
    This time last week, they said they needed to upgrade my lines or something because I had lost service. This was Thurs, they said I would be back on by Mon and there would be a new modem on Mon... Mon came and went, no moden, so I called Time Warner and they came out the next day and had it up and running in less than an hour. Later that day, the DSL modem showed up :)
    I was paying 19.00 for 765/128 and on a good day I was getting 500/75 .. they said they could make it better, they also said I should be getting 1 mpbs(?) .. ha ha ha... they had a 5 bps for 39 and said it would solve my problems... I am now paying TW 29 for 5 and 5dollars more to make it 10 mpbs. I have hit speeds of 15 mpbs ...

I am happy now!! Can play my FPS with better pings!!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom