From the highest of highs to the lowest of lows...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    If you had clicked on this thread....

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break-room/364746-i-thought-i-couldnt-get-any-happier.html

You would have known that my wife and I were expecting our first child. Sadly we went for our first ultrasound on Friday and found that the pregnancy has ended in a miscarriage. It sucked the life out of me when they told us. I wouldn't wish this news on my worst enemy. The good news that in about three months we can start trying again. I didn't realize how common that these things happen. The doctor said it was about 1 in 12. I wouldn't care if it was 1 in 300,000, seeing how devastated my wife was, I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    My younger daughter lost a baby and it was a sad period for everyone and time does heal the loss. She waited a year and now we have a granddaughter 2 and a half years old, living the terrible 2's.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Sorry to hear this. Hang in there. We lost a baby early on in our first pregnancy. I does happen a lot more than you think. Between my 2 grandmas, an aunt and two cousins, there have been 8 miscarriages in my immediate family.

Prayers my friend.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Sorry to hear that buddy. Unfortunately it is fairly common. How far along was she when the positive test was done? Many women will be late a few weeks and then have a period, but really it was a miscarriage.

as common as it is, the first one doesn't say much of anything about future success. Also, there's nothing she did wrong to cause this so no guilt for a beer or something before she found out.

Last edited:

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    I took Friday off, she took Friday and Saturday off (well, I told her she was taking Saturday off and I was not going to take no for an answer). We are both back at work tonight. Lucky for her, she works at a hospital in town and stays very busy on her floor she is on. I hope the tone they play when a baby is born doesn't get to her. I have two personal days left at work until the end of the year. I know the day the baby that was formed passes, it will be tough and hope it happens on a weekend. If not, I will use one or both then. I know when I said "I do" I knew it was for better or for worse, had no idea for worse would happen so soon.

As for them saying it was a miscarriage. It was determined she was around 11 weeks at the time of the ultrasound. No heart beat was found and blood was not going to the baby. In the back of my mind, I hope they are wrong and the baby is still only 8 weeks along (where they said it was sized), but know that they are more then likely right. I just want to have hope they are wrong.

Last edited:

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    We experienced a miscarriage at 12 weeks back in March. Our due date was Nov. 4, and that day was really hard for my wife.

I too, was surprised at the statistics. We were told it's right around 30%.

Good luck to you and your wife. It will be a while before she'll be able to move forward.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    We experienced a miscarriage at 12 weeks back in March. Our due date was Nov. 4, and that day was really hard for my wife.

I too, was surprised at the statistics. We were told it's right around 30%.

Good luck to you and your wife. It will be a while before she'll be able to move forward.

Hopefully around our due date, we can be doing something to take our mind off it. It was due about three days after my birthday. We have began talking about when to try again and when we talked about would put it possibly due close to her birthday.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Hopefully around our due date, we can be doing something to take our mind off it. It was due about three days after my birthday. We have began talking about when to try again and when we talked about would put it possibly due close to her birthday.

We were assuming that we'd be pregnant again before that day came. However, that wasn't the case and it was very tough. Just be sure to be strong for your wife and offer a crying shoulder. Sometimes they don't want solutions/answers, but just somebody to sympathize with them.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    That's tough to hear. I wish you and your wife nothing but the best in the short-term and as you try again.

It seems dark now, but it will bring you that much more joy when you do get a healthy happy child.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom