• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    What kind of freebore you running on your 7 saum?
    Your asking the wrong crowd. This is hand gun country & long distance is 200 yards. Your better bet is to head over to accurate shooter and ask this question. Those people are long distance ( both hunting & competition) minded. They have reamers custom ground and build their own rifles. Before asking the question, please tell your plans. Long distance hunting? Competitive shooting? What competition? Are you gonna have a reamer custom ground? Do your own chamber work? The reamer vendors will have their reamer specs on the web including freebore. Bullet weight, or VLD , ELD bullets will affect the amount of freebore you want or don't want. Some loads like minimal jump, some like to be jammed.

Keep me posted!

Aaron

JDHOOSIER73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Greenwood
    Your asking the wrong crowd. This is hand gun country & long distance is 200 yards. Your better bet is to head over to accurate shooter and ask this question. Those people are long distance ( both hunting & competition) minded. They have reamers custom ground and build their own rifles. Before asking the question, please tell your plans. Long distance hunting? Competitive shooting? What competition? Are you gonna have a reamer custom ground? Do your own chamber work? The reamer vendors will have their reamer specs on the web including freebore. Bullet weight, or VLD , ELD bullets will affect the amount of freebore you want or don't want. Some loads like minimal jump, some like to be jammed.

Keep me posted!

Aaron
    Just looking at distance shooting (let's say 0-mile) and possibly competition although I don't do that now. I've really just been doing some research on the cartidge as I might like to give it a try on a long action. Out of the factory box let's say, the The bullet it crammed way down in the case with very little freebore. I would like to bring the bullet out of the powder charge or close to it. To do that I need more freebore. Just thought I'd see what folks had to say about it if anything. I am likely to run a berger 180 hybrid. I've seen anywhere from 180-220 freebore to get where I "think" I'd like to be.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Just looking at distance shooting (let's say 0-mile) and possibly competition although I don't do that now. I've really just been doing some research on the cartidge as I might like to give it a try on a long action. Out of the factory box let's say, the The bullet it crammed way down in the case with very little freebore. I would like to bring the bullet out of the powder charge or close to it. To do that I need more freebore. Just thought I'd see what folks had to say about it if anything. I am likely to run a berger 180 hybrid. I've seen anywhere from 180-220 freebore to get where I "think" I'd like to be.
    I would think that a 7 PRC would be a better option than trying to run a 7 SAUM on a long action. It is designed from the ground up to do what you are trying to do with the SAUM.

JDHOOSIER73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2016
    Greenwood
    I would think that a 7 PRC would be a better option than trying to run a 7 SAUM on a long action. It is designed from the ground up to do what you are trying to do with the SAUM.
    7 saum is a very efficient cartridge and inherently a very accurate cartridge. Jury still out on 7PRC'. I'm going to run the saum on the same action. Running it long like I'd like to do "should" negate the an issue running it a LA.

Top Bottom