• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The legal distinction matters whether we call them terrorists or not.

Maybe this will help.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/proposed-bills-would-help-combat-domestic-terrorism

Word the law however you want, I don’t care. An organized group, in cities all over the country, shooting at people, beating up people, destroying property, and making demands is a terrorist group. I don’t need a law to tell me that, and at this point I don’t care if the law tells me that.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Word the law however you want, I don’t care. An organized group, in cities all over the country, shooting at people, beating up people, destroying property, and making demands is a terrorist group. I don’t need a law to tell me that, and at this point I don’t care if the law tells me that.

Let me put it another way

Do you want them to be charged as terrorists? Tried as terrorists? It seems you do, and so do I. If so then you do care if the law tells us all that.

If that is what we want, then the law has to be say so.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Do you want them to be charged as terrorists? Tried as terrorists? It seems you do, and so do I. If so then you do care if the law tells us all that.

And hopefully the law will be changed (if necessary - I don't know that it is or not), but if Trump is within his rights as President to do so through EO, then I'm fully supportive of it as a stop-gap measure.

Slippery slope arguments to begin in 3... 2... 1...

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

I understand the charged and prosecuted aspect of it, and I fully agree with you.

Where I’m getting at is, how long do we sit back and let this go on? We know they’re terrorist. The government knows they’re terrorist. Hell, even they know they’re terrorist. So law or no law, we need to fight terrorism regardless of where it originated or why. Enough is enough, our country needs to stand up and stop this bs from continuing. Let the law sort it out later

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I understand the charged and prosecuted aspect of it, and I fully agree with you.

Where I’m getting at is, how long do we sit back and let this go on? We know they’re terrorist. The government knows they’re terrorist. Hell, even they know they’re terrorist. So law or no law, we need to fight terrorism regardless of where it originated or why. Enough is enough, our country needs to stand up and stop this bs from continuing. Let the law sort it out later

What are we supposed to do? After all, countries don't stand up, citizens do.

If we are going to stop this agreed upon terrorist behavior, we have to do something. Been asking myself that all weekend, maybe you can help me. What can we do?

They tell everyone to stay at home, off the streets, and indoors. Most of us are doing what they tell us to do, but what can we do to stop it? I don't necessarily mean THIS time so much as what can we do to help make sure it doesn't happen again.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I hope you are right and the designation upholds without getting caught up in the court system for months.

I think it will be tough to tie someone to ANTIFA, maybe not, but I don't think they have formal membership roles. Sure would make it easier. I'd rather it apply to any instigator whether or not they are a member of ANTIFA. Maybe Trump will push for that.

Considering ANTIFA is a plague on Europe and Australia I do not see how it is not an international organization.
    https://www.sbs.com.au/language/eng...ft-political-thugs-or-protectors-of-the-peace

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    What are we supposed to do? After all, countries don't stand up, citizens do.

If we are going to stop this agreed upon terrorist behavior, we have to do something. Been asking myself that all weekend, maybe you can help me. What can we do?

They tell everyone to stay at home, off the streets, and indoors. Most of us are doing what they tell us to do, but what can we do to stop it? I don't necessarily mean THIS time so much as what can we do to help make sure it doesn't happen again.

Good question. I’m not sure, really. I’m tired of cops being shot at, people’s livelihoods being burned down, and criminals allowed to run free like we’re some 3rd world country tho. Maybe it’s time we start protesting that we want our representation. Pressure our officials to put a stop to this. How they stop it is an entirely different issue. I prefer to keep military out of citizen issues, but when it’s terrorism I think it’s time to call em up.

I dunno. That’s a thinker. Damned if you do damned if you don’t.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I hope you are right and the designation upholds without getting caught up in the court system for months.

I think it will be tough to tie someone to ANTIFA, maybe not, but I don't think they have formal membership roles. Sure would make it easier. I'd rather it apply to any instigator whether or not they are a member of ANTIFA. Maybe Trump will push for that.

I would think there would be plenty of social media trails to follow. They haven't been shy up to this point. I wonder how many are busy deleting their posts or accounts even as we speak.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I would think there would be plenty of social media trails to follow. They haven't been shy up to this point. I wonder how many are busy deleting their posts or accounts even as we speak.

Not all of them for sure. Just a quick search on twitter found this one...

https://twitter.com/NYCAntifa

Irony that twitter blocks Trump tweets as calling for violence,but does nothing to ANTIFA calling to burn cities to the ground.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

Someone once said that the Constitution is wholly inadequate for the governance of any other than a religious and moral people.

I'm not religious, but I know a lack of morals when I see it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom