Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I doubt it. Most people won't see it until it kicks in their front doors or drags them out of their cars.

They do not "Want" to see it. Denial. It is a powerful mental condition.

That CNN was attacked and looted is a good sign that those involved are mindless and on a mission of destruction.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    that doesn't address my question. Maybe it got lost in that big wall of text that I posted. Let me repeat it:

If the police aren't handling it, nobody should?

That does answer the question. Some rando dumbass with a bow and arrow isn't handling it. So what does citizens handling it look like?

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas

That CNN was attacked and looted is a good sign that those involved are mindless and on a mission of destruction.

They busted out the windows at the Wheeler Mission. WTF? Animals!

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    That does answer the question. Some rando dumbass with a bow and arrow isn't handling it. So what does citizens handling it look like?
    Standing a riot line with police? Guarding a store, citizens arrests, taking any action that in some way makes the situation better

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

There are several links out there of what it looks like when citizens handle it.

Thing is I doubt IMPD would respect it if they saw it.

No knock on them but apparently this is all new to them and they are over whelmed.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Yes. Now that's an accurately descriptive adjective for most of the people participating in this madness, mindlessly following the cues from people with bad intentions.

If this is an intelligent and coordinated assault on what America is, it will take an intelligent and coordinated defense. Not randos yelling out their car windows and then trying to retaliate with bows and arrows. THAT was mindless. Vigilantism is not gonna help.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Yes. Now that's an accurately descriptive adjective for most of the people participating in this madness, mindlessly following the cues from people with bad intentions.

If this is an intelligent and coordinated assault on what America is, it will take an intelligent and coordinated defense. Not randos yelling out their car windows and then trying to retaliate with bows and arrows. THAT was mindless. Vigilantism is not gonna help.
    Rando or Rambo?

I seem to remember Rambo being good with a bow

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    For all of you talking **** about the police not doing anything and you "being on our own." I haven't heard anything about you standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the officers that are getting spit on, assaulted, shot at, etc. It is easy to talk **** from the safety of your house.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    For all of you talking **** about the police not doing anything and you "being on our own." I haven't heard anything about you standing shoulder-to-shoulder with the officers that are getting spit on, assaulted, shot at, etc. It is easy to talk **** from the safety of your house.
    I tried to go help last night. I was turned away. But I did drop off water.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I think you know I would stand the line with you guys. Many I know would as well.
    I hope my rants did not come off as blaming you guys in the trench's. No sir no way. I look much higher up that food chain.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There are several links out there of what it looks like when citizens handle it.

Thing is I doubt IMPD would respect it if they saw it.

No knock on them but apparently this is all new to them and they are over whelmed.

I think a sizeable group of armed citizens defending a business could be effective. If you're gonna do it, plan it to be successful. Plan to be effective or stay home. The guy with the sword would be better off if he sat at home watching his business go up in flames. A live dog is better off than a dead lion. The guy with the bow and arrow would still have his car and everything he lost if he sat at home watching the world burn. If they thought it through pragmatically, surely they could see through their delusions of grandeur.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

I think most realize that it's not that the police aren't doing anything, it's just that they're overwhelmed and can't be everywhere they're needed. God bless all of the officers that were/are on the front lines of all this bull****.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think you know I would stand the line with you guys. Many I know would as well.
    I hope my rants did not come off as blaming you guys in the trench's. No sir no way. I look much higher up that food chain.

There's not a mechanism for that really. Maybe there should be. But think about that practically. How would a police department enlist the help of citizens to stand with them shoulder to shoulder to restore peace? There's so many practical things not considered in the belief that this would happen. There's liability, proper training, weeding out troublemakers/racists/*******s/instigators. It's just not practical. But, like I said, I don't see anything wrong with a group of people banding together to defend specific lives and property with a good plan.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    If you've got any other ways I can help I'm all ears. I've got more cases of water to drop off and a scary dog. I've also got a sponge and goof off.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There's not a mechanism for that really. Maybe there should be. But think about that practically. How would a police department enlist the help of citizens to stand with them shoulder to shoulder to restore peace? There's so many practical things not considered in the belief that this would happen. There's liability, proper training, weeding out troublemakers/racists/*******s/instigators. It's just not practical. But, like I said, I don't see anything wrong with a group of people banding together to defend specific lives and property with a good plan.

I get that. But 1st at least call up everything at your disposal. And if that fails call out the citizenry. This should wake people up at least to what's in our faces right now.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    **** it isn't that hard. Make a call for honorably discharged vets with DD214s, deputize them. Problem solved.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think most realize that it's not that the police aren't doing anything, it's just that they're overwhelmed and can't be everywhere they're needed. God bless all of the officers that were/are on the front lines of all this bull****.

I don't think that's what the #noonescoming hashtag means. There seems to be a belief among a few people on the right that democrat mayors are telling police to stand down. And in the bat-**** craziest cities that may be at least a little true. It happened in Portland with many of their protests in the recent past. But it doesn't look to me like most of these cities in the past few days are telling cops to stand down. Whatever inaction we see I think is more due to being overwhelmed by what seems to be a coordinated effort to turn these protests into as much violence as possible.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom