Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I wonder how much money Mr. Crump gets out of this?
    Notice that Crump is right there with all the cases of this type. He represented Breonna Taylor’s family as well. Rather than an ambulance chaser he’s found a path to riches chasing “racism” wherever he can exploit a racism claim. The Taylor’s got a pretty big settlement as well. I’ve often wondered what small portion of that did they actually get. I doubt it was more than half.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I know I am naive on this subject, but I fail to see how a government entity can give away tax dollars in this manner in the absence of a court ordered judgement.

This looks like a protection racket to me, with the professional political / bearucrat class aiding and abetting theft of tax payer dollars.

There's a big difference between a settlement, and a judgement. Surely no insurance would pay out for a settlement.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I know I am naive on this subject, but I fail to see how a government entity can give away tax dollars in this manner in the absence of a court ordered judgement.

This looks like a protection racket to me, with the professional political / bearucrat class aiding and abetting theft of tax payer dollars.

There's a big difference between a settlement, and a judgement. Surely no insurance would pay out for a settlement.
    It's not like the money is coming out of their pockets, drain the taxpayers and look woke, what's not to like from the leadership's perspective. Maybe we are all footing the bill, surely they are getting some of that Covid largess from Nancy and Chuck.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just saw Ben Crump in the thick of it again in Louisville demonstrations on the news this morning. The man has a vested interest in keeping **** stirred up. For that reason alone I don't respect or trust him. Same with Gloria Alred and her "me too" BS. They're both cut from the same cloth.
    There's big money in keeping the **** stirred. Do the names J. Jackson and A. Sharpton ring a bell?

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I read somewhere yesterday that some of the jury had prior social media accounts that were had pro BLM rants.. This can't be good for the prosecution if Lady Justice really wears a blindfold.........are dark sunglasses considered a blindfold ?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I read somewhere yesterday that some of the jury had prior social media accounts that were had pro BLM rants.. This can't be good for the prosecution if Lady Justice really wears a blindfold.........are dark sunglasses considered a blindfold ?
    What? Wouldn't pro BLM rants be good for the prosecution?

(as well as grounds for a mistrial)

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My guess is that this won't make a difference. By contrast I would expect previous expressions of support for the police to be an earth-shaking problem.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Also read squad car was impounded after arrest,and his dope was found under back seat this last week.....crooked cops planted it...he was innocent, he was just starting to get his life together!

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    When these criminals get caught, I get a little tired of hearing that they were just getting their life together. You would think maybe there would be some tiny symptom of that before they got caught dirty.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Also read squad car was impounded after arrest,and his dope was found under back seat this last week.....crooked cops planted it...he was innocent, he was just starting to get his life together!
    I suppose crooked cops also planted the dope in his system that killed him.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Actually a lot of settlements are requested/required by the insurance co. They factor in the cost of defending against the lawsuit, the chance of them winning/losing, and possible/estimated payout if they lose vs settling.
    Doubt if any cops planted it, I also doubt it was his. From the video I seen he had little time or opportunity to put it there. I'd say it's quite possible it was there from prior to his arrest.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Maybe he was starting to get his life turned around and that's why he took all the fentanyl at one time. He was getting rid of it so he wouldn't be tempted later on to use more.

Makes as much sense as any of the other theories.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yeah, on making big money Ben Crump looks to Jesse and Al and says, "Here, hold my beer."
    Probably because Crump actually offers a legitimate service. You don't have to like the guy, hell even I think the guy is slimey, but what you do have to do is recognize, is that he is effective.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom