KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think I saw a few rioters failing to social distance.

Send in the professionals.

fatcop.png

If these guys had mullets they could be with West Red Stick PD.

A lot of serious stuff is going on in this country. If we can laugh a little before they torch an Arby's tonight (too late, that was last night. McDonalds is the target for tonight) it'll help.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm curious if anybody knows or cares that MN is a "duty to retreat" state?

I'm also curious as to which way you actually want it. "I don't want police using "military" tactics or equipment" vs "I want police to be able to stop thousands of violent rioters."

How many folks are heading out there?

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I'm curious if anybody knows or cares that MN is a "duty to retreat" state?

I'm also curious as to which way you actually want it. "I don't want police using "military" tactics or equipment" vs "I want police to be able to stop thousands of violent rioters."

How many folks are heading out there?

Which side are you on? The upscale that it would take for local law enforcement to be able to handle thousands of protestors would worry me.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Which side are you on? The upscale that it would take for local law enforcement to be able to handle thousands of protestors would worry me.

We've handled thousands of protesters right here in Indy with nobody on either side hurt. Protesters aren't the issue. Rioters are. And police or the NG could definitely do it with zero increase in manpower, but not in a way palatable to anyone other than a few INGOers.

I'm on the side that's tired of being *****ed at from both directions for being both too much and too little. I'm on the side that's tired of "tyranny" if X is enforced against me but "concerned about feels" if X isn't enforced against them. I'm on the side that's legitimately ****ing saddened by a lot of where our culture is heading and how readily we are balkanized and how the media and, especially, how social media exploits that for financial gain to the detriment of society.

Basically I'm on the side of tired. And I'm legitimately glad you asked that because it made me really think about if participating here makes that better or worse.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    We've handled thousands of protesters right here in Indy with nobody on either side hurt. Protesters aren't the issue. Rioters are. And police or the NG could definitely do it with zero increase in manpower, but not in a way palatable to anyone other than a few INGOers.

I'm on the side that's tired of being *****ed at from both directions for being both too much and too little. I'm on the side that's tired of "tyranny" if X is enforced against me but "concerned about feels" if X isn't enforced against them. I'm on the side that's legitimately ****ing saddened by a lot of where our culture is heading and how readily we are balkanized and how the media and, especially, how social media exploits that for financial gain to the detriment of society.

Basically I'm on the side of tired. And I'm legitimately glad you asked that because it made me really think about if participating here makes that better or worse.

You can't please everyone. Trying is tiring and usually impossible.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

My apologies, let me rephrase. Should Local Law Enforcement be able to handle thousands of violent rioters?

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Our local law enforcement would have Intel on the roof tops, plain clothe spotters in the crowd. It wouldn't get to that level.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BehindBlueI's again.

I hope you continue hanging around here. I’ve always loved hearing your opinions and inputs on issues. About every time I see you pop up on the what’s new tab I click it to read. We need more members like you, so I really hope you don’t stop posting here.

Now back to the topic. I don’t think calling in the NG is good. I think it’s going to be perceived as the government vs blacks. The black community is going to perceive this as the government supporting the officers actions and willing to defend those actions, and we know that isn’t why they’re being called in, but that’s what this will be viewed as.
    I think the rioting is ridiculous and needs to be stopped, but how when it’s such a fragile situation that any opposition will surely be scrutinized and misinterpreted as being against the black community? Calling in the guard is only going to make tensions worse, and a bunch of 19 year olds that aren’t trained to handle this type of thing are bound to make a mistake that might end up in history books and regretted down the road.

This is terrible all around. We’re literally watching our country burn, our LEO are at a point where they’re afraid to arrest criminals or defend themselves, and media is focused on fueling the fire instead of trying to unite the country. I hate it sounds like some are wanting this to happen. This is the last thing we need during all this corona bs.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    [FONT=&quot]At a press conference, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey[/FONT][FONT=&quot] said the protests stemmed from built-up anger and sadness "ingrained in our black community not just because of five minutes of horror, but 400 years." [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

This guy is a complete idiot.

[/FONT]

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BehindBlueI's again.

I hope you continue hanging around here. I’ve always loved hearing your opinions and inputs on issues. About every time I see you pop up on the what’s new tab I click it to read. We need more members like you, so I really hope you don’t stop posting here.

Now back to the topic. I don’t think calling in the NG is good. I think it’s going to be perceived as the government vs blacks. The black community is going to perceive this as the government supporting the officers actions and willing to defend those actions, and we know that isn’t why they’re being called in, but that’s what this will be viewed as.
    I think the rioting is ridiculous and needs to be stopped, but how when it’s such a fragile situation that any opposition will surely be scrutinized and misinterpreted as being against the black community? Calling in the guard is only going to make tensions worse, and a bunch of 19 year olds that aren’t trained to handle this type of thing are bound to make a mistake that might end up in history books and regretted down the road.

This is terrible all around. We’re literally watching our country burn, our LEO are at a point where they’re afraid to arrest criminals or defend themselves, and media is focused on fueling the fire instead of trying to unite the country. I hate it sounds like some are wanting this to happen. This is the last thing we need during all this corona bs.

Got him, I credited Sigblitz instead of you, whoops. Rep sent either way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom