KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    No, I think the destruction should be concentrated and specific. Not aimed at community corporate assets, but municipal infrastructure. This is an argument with the municipality of the Twin Cities, and that is where it should be directed.

So are you advocating violence, as long as it's the "right kind of violence"? When I see words such as "community corporate assets" and "municipal infrastructure" it raises more red flags than a communist pride parade.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Like I wrote originally, the officer that had his knee on the suspect’s neck just needed to tune in for a few seconds to the people around him that were SINCERELY PLEADING with him, telling him that he was “killing this man”. The fact that neither he, nor any of the other three officers on scene with him were able to do that is precisely why we’re here now. It’s unconscionable, unexplainable, and unjustifiable under the apparent circumstances. It’s clear. He wasn’t resisting. He became completely nonresponsive. Of course, it’s extremely unlikely the officer meant to kill him, but how can someone be so barbaric and clueless? And how can three other officers stand by and watch and let it happen? HOW???

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Without due process? Sounds like people could assault people and it was ok.

They could. And not just the police. Some cultures and sub-cultures still use the educational beat-down. It's got it's pros and cons. Seriously. It's excellent for maintaining traditions and cultural norms. It sucks at allowing outsiders or outside influence and new ideas. An example from my hillbilly youth is a young man in our holler was molesting his sisters. He got off on the charges but the state took the kids. Nobody bothered him, it was the family's problem. Then he started getting a little too friendly with some adult women when the men weren't home. My dad and uncle casually explained that if he was ever found on our property without one of them home he'd disappear. They meant it and he knew they meant it. That was the end of it and the law was never involved.

If you haven't, read "Hillbilly elegy."

Whenever I see people espouse the idea that we are a more violent society today it is so laughable I don't even know where to start. We may be a more lethal society thanks to our technology making it possible to kill lots more people faster and more efficiently, but we're certainly less violent then our predecessors.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm talking less about the actual process and more about how we react when this happens. There have been a ton of, "well...we should wait until all the facts come out" in this thread. But we (as a website, not you two individually) trash the victim asap, finding every time he ran a stop sign or jaywalked or did something stupid 20 years ago. Look at what happened with Arbery and others. The comments about how "he was turning his life around" that gets thrown about this website all the time. We (again, the general INGO vibe, not anyone specifically) never do the same thing with the person who isn't dead.

Just curious if you've noticed the news reports about how many complaints, how many use of force incidents, etc. the officer with "the knee" has had over his career. In case you're still thinking the person who isn't dead never gets his past dug up.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    what an absolute bull**** idea of how that would be an acceptable answer within policing. To think that it is justified to just "whoop the ass" of someone that gets out of line is specifically where we see ourselves now. It is because of this thought process that has been entrenched in many law enforcement communities that its an us versus the civilian population that you forget that these civilians are neighbors and countrymen. It is specifically because of generations of law enforcement that allowed this type of behavior to be passed on to recruits that this escalation is on full display now. It may not be you or other members on this forum, but it is entrenched in many communities of law enforcement. I am HAPPY to see these riots, they are a voice of communities that otherwise would never be heard by law enforcement. It will only get worse until the LEO community itself forcibly removes these offenders from their ranks. It will get worse when we see that the wish of an armed society meets force with force and there are many more people on both sides of the protest lines with casualties.

So are you asking us to come and set your car on fire so you can take place in the "protests?"
    I'm not really sure what you're advocating here.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    No, I think the destruction should be concentrated and specific. Not aimed at community corporate assets, but municipal infrastructure. This is an argument with the municipality of the Twin Cities, and that is where it should be directed.

Ya. I dunno how to reply to some of this. And cm locked the thread so I’m trying to be nice. What you described is terrorism. Not a fan. Rioting does nothing but damage innocent people’s property and create more tension. There’s better ways to handle this. Let the cops face due process before burning down your city and getting more people killed. The answer to violence isn’t more violence

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    FNC reporting that the police have abandoned the 3rd precinct. The mob has stormed the barricades and taken the building. The mob is in control.

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    They’re inside and I think they’re going to try. Every time firefighters show up they just get pelted with bottles and rocks. I heard it on the scanner earlier.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    if that is what you think is implied, you are incorrect.

the advocacy in there being consent in that this type of policing being once acceptable then as now is WHY we are here now. Because of that ideology being passed down is why these officers found it acceptable to "knee-boot" a handcuffed, compliant detainee, and other officers not at the very least de-escalating that specific situation, and many others, is why communities are boiled over. These protests are necessary, the destruction and riots, are not. But do not feign surprise when it happens.

There are no protests. It's just a riot.
    They're attempting to burn down the police department right now, national guard enroute.
    Here's live video from multiple sources:
    [video=youtube;9fJ5YbfW3xk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fJ5YbfW3xk[/video]

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think that there is a time and place for a population to hold accountable those that are openly indifferent to rule of and demonstration of codified law.

When you say "hold accountable", do you mean within the rule of law, or some kind of mob rule/French Revolution type thing? If it's the latter, have you considered what to do when you realize "no one is coming"?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not saying it is right, but it is WAY more correct than what is currently going on.

If my cuz was killed on your street by cops, would it be *MORE* appropriate for me and my family to burn down the closest roll call site, or your house because it just happens to be near where my family member was killed?

Not saying it would be TOTALLY appropriate, but would you say it is MORE appropriate? Like if you smarted off to me, should I punch YOU in the mouth, or your neighbor across the street because he was watching?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    They just gave up and left precinct 3. It is being looted and burned.

live
    [video=youtube;3eZaOGehK6k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eZaOGehK6k&feature=emb_logo[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom