• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    An even earlier precedent, also from Minnesota. In 2002 Officer Gregory Siem thought he was using a taser but mistakenly shot suspect Christofar Atak with his handgun instead. He was not charged with anything.
    If the DA's office were dealing in an honest interpretation of the law, then Potter should not have been charged either. This was a matter that should've been dealt with in a civil court to begin with. They managed to con a jury into reaching a guilty verdict.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If the DA's office were dealing in an honest interpretation of the law, then Potter should not have been charged either. This was a matter that should've been dealt with in a civil court to begin with. They managed to con a jury into reaching a guilty verdict.
    Or they managed to seat a jury that was biased towards the prosecutions story.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Or they managed to seat a jury that was biased towards the prosecutions story.
    Either way it was a wrongful conviction and I'm sure the DA knows it, but they got a scalp to appease the mob. That's all they were looking to do.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Are prosecutors required to seek the truth in criminal cases or are they charged with trying to win at all costs?
    Seek the truth. In this case it was win at all costs. They misrepresented the law in closing arguments and the judge did'nt admonish them for it.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He managed to survive defending Trump in his impeachment, so I am guessing he either doesn't give a :poop: what the progs say or they weren't able to hurt him. Either way, good for him.
    I thought I had heard that he was a 'Lolita Express' customer, may have been more than once. I thought Dems might have found a handle on him with that, since I bet they know a lot more about how far that scandal reaches

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Juror Speaks Out

It sounds a few people did see discrepancies between the charges and the state law language. It’s a bit concerning to me that the trigger feel of both weapons was described as “a major turning point.” By the time she would have realized the trigger pull felt different, it would have been too late. That doesn’t make any sense to change your verdict based on that.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Juror Speaks Out

It sounds a few people did see discrepancies between the charges and the state law language. It’s a bit concerning to me that the trigger feel of both weapons was described as “a major turning point.” By the time she would have realized the trigger pull felt different, it would have been too late. That doesn’t make any sense to change your verdict based on that.
    Justification for being week willed and giving in to the others

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Juror Speaks Out

Wow. That a hard call on trigger difference thinking that somebody could stop halfway through a pull in a stressful situation.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Juror Speaks Out

I was pretty sure it was gonna happen that way when they asked the judge if the zip ties on the Glock could be removed so they could handle it. I knew they wanted to compare it to the taser, and it was at point they were on the wrong path and the jury was gonna buy the prosecution's argument that Potter "should have" known that she had mistakenly drew a firearm not that she consciously "did know' and consciously ignored the risk of creating great bodily harm anyway. I don't think the prosecution's case conclusively proved that she consciously knew beyond a reasonable doubt.

Ultimately the jury didn't follow the law precisely and apply the evidence or lack thereof to the law correctly and that's what lead to a conviction. The ones that were originally inclined to vote not guilty were swayed by the ones who wrongly interpreted the language of the laws with the help of the prosecution's misdirection.

Last edited:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I was pretty sure it was gonna happen that way when they asked the judge if the zip ties on the Glock could be removed so they could handle it. I knew they wanted to compare it to the taser, and it was at point they were on the wrong path and the jury was gonna buy the prosecution's argument that Potter "should have" known that she had mistakenly drew a firearm not that she consciously "did know' and consciously ignored the risk of creating great bodily harm anyway. I don't think the prosecution's case conclusively proved that she consciously knew beyond a reasonable doubt.

Ultimately the jury didn't follow the law precisely and apply the evidence or lack thereof to the law correctly and that's what lead to a conviction. The ones that were originally inclined to vote not guilty were swayed by the ones who wrongly interpreted the language of the laws with the help of the prosecution's misdirection.
    Well, they had to do SOMETHING!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Well, they had to do SOMETHING!
    YES! they did because they felt sorry for Dante's family and his little baby for their loss. Somebody had to pay criminally even though they all thought Potter made an unintentional mistake. Civil liability just isn't enough.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Another one

BLM is over. It served its purpose. Now pretty much all the large corporations have a DIE officer. A large chunk of the public are indoctrinated into the cult of wokeness. DIE has been woven into the fabric of metropolitan society.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    BLM is over. It served its purpose. Now pretty much all the large corporations have a DIE officer. A large chunk of the public are indoctrinated into the cult of wokeness. DIE has been woven into the fabric of metropolitan society.

On the Wildseed website’s list of staff, however, Khan’s name is nowhere to be found despite the fact that the owner, M4BJ, is her organization, which is listed as a charity in Canada. The site describes Wildseed as “a vessel that seeks to nurture Black radical creation in Canada.” No mention is made of why the money was transferred through M4BJ, rather than the Canadian branch of BLM.

Well, that's helpful.

M4BJ, which is a non-profit based in Toronto that was set up in part by Janaya Khan, bought the 10,000-square foot mansion for $6.3 million in July 2021. Khan is the wife of Khan-Cullors, a self-professed Marxist who helped found Black Lives Matter Global Foundation Network.

Shocking.
    Corporations and participants following blm. Useful idiots.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    I realized today that it is approaching two years since George Floyd died.

I am wondering what has been taught, learned, etc.

I think it served as a good reminder to folks that abusing drugs can lead to breathing difficulties, OD, and even death.

Top Bottom