• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FWShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Looking to join a club or find a decent public place to shoot rifle around Fort Wayne. Would like 100-300 yards and bonus if they have handgun ranges too.

I would also like to have easy ability to take a buddy or the girlfriend too.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Club near Harlan is a real classy outfit and it holds sanctioned matches regularly. The initial fee is a little salty if I remember, but after the first year it gets pretty reasonable. They have a separate pistol range, as well as rimfire and high-power ranges, max distance I believe is 300 yds. Here's the link:

Fort Wayne Rifle & Revolver Gun Club... Home

FWShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Nice. Will have to call them. Do you know how busy they normally are?

Plus I like the two free guests.

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Don't know how busy they are during the week, but there's generally a decent turnout at their weekend matches from what I've seen. A lot of people I work with are members there & I've never met anyone from that club I couldn't have a nice conversation with....good people.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I am listed under the "contacts" section of the FWRR website as the current VP. You can call me if you have questions. The club has been here for more than 60 years and we have about 400 members.

As a member, you will have full, unsupervised access to all ranges during the week except for the pistol ranges Thursday night for IPSC practice and Wednesday night for highpower practice. There usually is not a lot of high volume activity during the week

Weekends are different. The schedule is posted on the website and the rifle range is closed during rifle matches and the pistol bays are closed during pistol matches. The rifle ranges can be used during pistol matches and the pistol bays can be used during rifle matches.

New members need to be sponsored in. The best way to find a sponsor is to show up for Clinics or matches and make some friends. We want to know that you are a safe and responsible shooter before we vote you in.

I look forward to meeting you.

Thanks for the kind words Sarge470......

(My avatar is the 200 yard line at FWRR during a M1 Garand match during the offhand stage)

Sarge470

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Always a pleasure to speak well of good people, Double-D! You know me as the guy with the blue chopper who forgets & leaves his helmet at home too often!

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I shot High Power matches there many times in the late 90's/early 2000's. Really good bunch of people. If you are serious about shooting, it is well worth the initiation and annual dues.

FWShooter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    I am listed under the "contacts" section of the FWRR website as the current VP. You can call me if you have questions. The club has been here for more than 60 years and we have about 400 members.

As a member, you will have full, unsupervised access to all ranges during the week except for the pistol ranges Thursday night for IPSC practice and Wednesday night for highpower practice. There usually is not a lot of high volume activity during the week

Weekends are different. The schedule is posted on the website and the rifle range is closed during rifle matches and the pistol bays are closed during pistol matches. The rifle ranges can be used during pistol matches and the pistol bays can be used during rifle matches.

New members need to be sponsored in. The best way to find a sponsor is to show up for Clinics or matches and make some friends. We want to know that you are a safe and responsible shooter before we vote you in.

I look forward to meeting you.

Thanks for the kind words Sarge470......

(My avatar is the 200 yard line at FWRR during a M1 Garand match during the offhand stage)

Man so I have to come out and be social and meet people. Great I am screwed. I am more of the come out, shoot, leave, smile and say hi but keep walking type of guy.

I will look for some of the clinics and hopefully find a member as anti-social as me.

Fireball1394

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2015
    Northeast Indiana

sloughfoot- I just checked out the website, and there isn't much information on upcoming events or matches. Is there a way to tell? Looking forward to getting over there at some point to meet everyone. Thanks

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Actually, this thread is the reason i found out the schedules have not been posted to the website. Either the match directors have not submitted to the webmaster, or the webmaster has quit without notice. The first matches will be in April. Except for the monthly 100 yard offhand match.

I am doing everything in my power to get the schedule posted...

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Actually, this thread is the reason i found out the schedules have not been posted to the website. Either the match directors have not submitted to the webmaster, or the webmaster has quit without notice. The first matches will be in April. Except for the monthly 100 yard offhand match.

That sounds awesome! I know I've been saying it for years, but I really would like to test myself in a regular match of some kind. I think my kids are finally getting old enough, and I also live close enough that this may become a reality for me.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)

USPSA Pistol Match schedule was provided a couple months ago.
    Matches are 3rd Sunday, March - Oct. 9am registration, 9:45 shooters meeting.
    Practices are 1st/3rd Thursday 5:30 - ~7:00, April - Oct.

here is the USPSA pistol schedule:
    2016 FWAPS USPSA Schedule:
    3rd Sunday, March - October

March 20
    April 17 (Classifier)

May 15
    June 19
    July 17
    August 21
    September 18
    October 16

FWAPS Practice nights:
    1st and 3rd Thursdays, April - October

Watch the shooting sports forum here for details posted the week of the match.
    'Like' us on facebook at www.facebook.com/fwuspsa

As a member, you will have full, unsupervised access to all ranges during the week except for the pistol ranges Thursday night for IPSC practice

Thursday practices do not interfere w/ member use of the pistol bays.

-rvb [FWRR USPSA match director]

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Thanks for the info. I was trying to be diplomatic at the last meeting when I brought up the issue, but in reality, I am really ticked off about schedules not posted on the website. I know about Thursday night practice. I mis-spoke. Sorry.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Thanks for the info. I was trying to be diplomatic at the last meeting when I brought up the issue, but in reality, I am really ticked off about schedules not posted on the website. I know about Thursday night practice. I mis-spoke. Sorry.

no problem, that post was a few yrs old. I just thought I'd clarify for folks just seeing it for the first time.
    -rvb

Top Bottom