• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    I could be in if done with a sconce of responsibility and decorum....Libertarian 01 has the right idea, as I, for one, would be playing with my job ,( of 25 years), since I work for a bunch of sissies and lib-tards.....IF this meet ended up on the news, I would most assuredly be fired , and in these times, I can't afford it. ( I wish that wasn't a truth, but it is.... and unless someone will finish paying my house off when I get canned, don't judge...I have to live in the reality... )

I know, I know, but I still have to live and eat and pay my mortgage, folks.

Just one concern of mine, and I will decide when and if that time comes to abscond or not .

I do like the chance to show ourselves, I guess, and not be the "pariahs" , like smokers, relegated to the back of buildings for doing something perfectly legal.

It'ld be sweet if it happened on the officers shift that caused the stir, and on his/their watch....jus' sayin'....

Ime out ...:cool:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I have been thinking a bit about this post and I believe we should seriously consider what our purpose is. As I see it we should all be on the same page as far as our goal is concerned.

Here are some more thoughts on our goals and how to solve them:

#1) We are pi$$ed off and want to rant a bit. This is cool but I think we would be better served to just go to the range and blow things away with various high powered weapons! A good rant from time to time is OK. We all need to blow off steam when we see something that is stupid. I used to get headaches from seeing stupid things but I guess my tolerance has built up, much like an alcoholics...

#2) We want to see that FWPD is better educated on what is legal. If that is the case then going to a restaurant just to OC is not efficient. I would suggest we all write a letter to Police Chief Rusty York and let him know our concerns. A mass arrival of mail would better serve our purpose than OCing in restaurant, unless...

#3) We want someone to get arrested by a stupid FWPD officer then sue them in court for damages, thus forcing change. There is nothing wrong with this! This is a good tactic to use in the right circumstances. This is what the civil rights movement did with Rosa Parks. There have been many good movements where being arrested for breaking an unjust law/policy is part of the process of reform. HOWEVER, IF that is the case then there should be one (1) person who plans on getting arrested for OCing, and the rest stay out of the way. It would also be good to plan for legal council ahead of time. A lot more planning would go into this than we have done here. I don't think this is a good idea in this case because a) We don't know that FWPD would be called (might be INSP or ACSD), b) We don't know that someone would be arrested, or c) We cannot control exactly what charges would be filed.

#4) We just want to get together and hang out and OC. Heck, I thought that is what we did with all of our meetups...?

Do not get me wrong. I feel for what the offended gentleman has been through and want to help promote a positive change in the training for all LE officers. I just do not think OCing for the purpose of causing friction w/ LE will be as productive as other potential solutions.

That said, I will still be happy to join everyone for dinner and may OC or CC myself. I just think a looonnngggg, considerate pause in evaluating our goals would be prudent.

Regards,

Doug

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    The original post seemed to suggest something less than a "protest" to me. Lots of us carry openly frequently anyway. The only unsual thing about this for me is that I'd be driving a little farther meeting some new people.

I see place for intentional protests. I also see a bigger place for living our lives as examples, including open carry as an artifact of daily life when it's prudent to do so. It may take longer to educate people more subtley, but it took a long time to gradually slip down the the slope to where are too.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    My purpose is not to bait any citizen, LEO or any other person into a debate.

#4) We just want to get together and hang out and OC. Heck, I thought that is what we did with all of our meetups...?

Do not get me wrong. I feel for what the offended gentleman has been through and want to help promote a positive change in the training for all LE officers. I just do not think OCing for the purpose of causing friction w/ LE will be as productive as other potential solutions.

That said, I will still be happy to join everyone for dinner and may OC or CC myself. I just think a looonnngggg, considerate pause in evaluating our goals would be prudent.
    Exactly this.

I'm not in this to purposely cause a stir, I'm in it to have a good meal with friends all around me and carry my firearm in a way no different from the way I normally do.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    this for me is to show that i will not be intimidated to "staw away" from any place just because they dont agree with my rights. if i wanted to cause a big stir or scene i would be holding a sign or a megaphone calling for the resignation of the chief or for him to fire the officers involved. im not doing that. nor am i unreasonably acting out of anger. i will use my anger constructively to further the acceptance of OC rights and show the general public we are good law abiding citizens who wish them all the best and no harm at all. also to the police, maybe this will open their eyes to the law. I already did write a LONG letter to that chief of police. Also, i dont wish for anyone to be unlawfully arrested or myself. sorry im no rossa parks. if i get arrested going through a normal day by refusing to surrender my weapon or such then fine, but i NEVER PLAN on creating a situation where i will be arrested. hence the reason we will have at least one lawyer there (my uncle) and maybe more. i would like to meet some other INGO members and have a nice meal, i will also have my wife and daughter there, so i can promise you i would never put them into a possition to be in a confrontation with the police. this will be a peaceful gathering, not a cop bashing gathering. i have deap respect for good officers (who i believe are the majority) who protect us and respect our rights. i dispise the bad ones but i still dont desire to harm an officer of the law even if they might be a scum bag. I have faith in the legal system and im sure they will eventually get theirs. hope this helps describe my peaceful intentions by calling this meeting.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    You may need a permit by the city for this. Depending on where and how it is held. Friends meeting for food no problem.

PUBLIC ASSEMBLY. Any meeting, demonstration, picket line, rally or gathering of more than 25 persons for a common purpose as a result of prior planning that interferes with or has a tendency to interfere with the normal flow or regulation of pedestrian or vehicular traffic or occupies any public area in a place open to the general public.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Okay, I may be wrong here but I watched the video of the OC meet in Michigan. Now I really dont see a problem with OC, its ones choice, if they are obeying the laws-nothing is wrong. However, going out with your buddies, family, whoever is okay-but to bring an AR to the Ponderosa??

I highly doubt the gentleman in question open carries his AR with him everywhere he goes. Do you think this was a bit much?

The video shot and posted was fine, Open Carry if you choose, go have some coffee, lunch, dinner-but it seemed that it became a spectical. Then you have to think about the other people and families eating there, I am sure they felt uncomfortable. The owner did allow them to meet, eat at the Ponderosa-even open carry, but it seemed he was quite uncomfortable himself with the presence of the AR.

Like I said, I think a OC meet/greet dinner/lunch is perfectly fine, but I honestly dont think bringing AR's, Shotguns, Long Rifles is something that should be done. A properly holstered handgun should be all.

Again, before you start tearing me apart-its just my opinion.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Okay, I may be wrong here but I watched the video of the OC meet in Michigan. Now I really dont see a problem with OC, its ones choice, if they are obeying the laws-nothing is wrong. However, going out with your buddies, family, whoever is okay-but to bring an AR to the Ponderosa??

I highly doubt the gentleman in question open carries his AR with him everywhere he goes. Do you think this was a bit much?

The video shot and posted was fine, Open Carry if you choose, go have some coffee, lunch, dinner-but it seemed that it became a spectical. Then you have to think about the other people and families eating there, I am sure they felt uncomfortable. The owner did allow them to meet, eat at the Ponderosa-even open carry, but it seemed he was quite uncomfortable himself with the presence of the AR.

Like I said, I think a OC meet/greet dinner/lunch is perfectly fine, but I honestly dont think bringing AR's, Shotguns, Long Rifles is something that should be done. A properly holstered handgun should be all.

i wont tear you appart i will rep you +1. at least you voiced what you believe in. and i do agree with you. but i have given good rep to people who didnt agree with me too unless they insulted me. your comment was very thought out and reasonable. thank you!
    if your coming to this dinner, im not trying to be in charge, but even though i do agree with carrying anything in public, this is about OC of pistols in a proper SAFE holster. so please no long guns period. or AK pistols unless they are holstered and remain that way. we dont wanna project a para military force here. we are just AVERAGE, INFORMED, law abiding citizens, getting together for dinner, thats all. i think this will be very fun.

dang it... out of rep. i will get you later

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Contact SavageEagle for what we did in Indy.

During the walk we were not allowed to stop except to cross the street, because if we stopped it would be a demonstration. I was unable to attend the dinner that was planned after, but again Savage had called the restaurant to insure that they would not be angry when a group of armed citizens showed up to eat.

We also had flyers that we passed out, they had some great info on them. When people asked what we were protesting we responded that we were simply going on a walk and exercising our rights, and that we were not protesting anything. It was a huge success!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana

I think you are confusing threads and events.

The thread you reference was about Michigan Open Carry dot ORG, and a guy carrying an AR in the restaurant. This event would be held in response to INGO member Silent Voice being "proned out" by police a couple of days ago in Ft Wayne.

silentvoice71

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    Ft Wayne IN
    im in and i think the event that savage eagle got together could and should apply to us......We walk around pass out flyers be good law abiding peoples and find a place to meet and eat.....with prior approval from the diner/restauraunt of course........

BTW guys p.s. thank you for backing me so much...it means more than you'll ever know.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Also interested, but I could only attend if scheduled for a Saturday. Also if I could hitch a ride, from Indy to Fort Wayne would be great. To much driving kills my back anymore.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Damn if Ft. Wayne wasn't so far away from me, I would be all in. I have been wanting to go to one of these just to be able to meet a lot of the INGO members in person. :cheers:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    1776Defend2ndAmend
    Top Bottom