Fort Wayne Komets: 2009-2010 Turner Cup Champions! 3PEAT!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Tonight the Fort Wayne Komets defeated the Flint Generals by a score of 3-2 in Game 5 of the IHL Turner Cup Finals, earning their third consecutive championship for the first time in franchise history. (Last year, the Komets won back2kcab championships for the first time in franchise history.) The Komets and the Generals both overcame 3-1 series deficits in the semifinals: the K's over the Port Huron IceHawks and the Gen's over the top-seeded Muskegon Lumberjacks. The Generals showed a lot of heart this year and earned a lot of respect, as they were in last place as late as January (maybe February even), but battled back to earn a playoff berth by winning their last regular season game. Then, despite being down 3-0 after two periods in a series they trailed 3-1, they scored two goals and nearly forced overtime. It was an INTENSE game and VERY fun to watch. It was what the playoffs are all about. Definitely worth the drive up from Terre Haute!

Here's a good article about tonight's game from Justin Cohn who writes for the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette and covers the Komets (and maybe other sports, too, but all I care about are the K's :): )
    Komets capture Turner Cup ___ again | The Journal Gazette, Fort Wayne, Ind.

Interesting fact: Coach Al Sims has won the Turner Cup in each of his 4 seasons as head coach in Fort Wayne, dating back to the 1992-1993 Turner Cup. I've been around for 5 Komets championships, and personally been present at 4 of them. It's such a great experience :yesway: I LOVE FORT WAYNE!

There was also an INGOer spotting as T-rav was able to join me and my dad (Bapak2ja). T-rav's a great guy, so if you ever get a chance to meet him, do it!

Due to unfortunate circumstances, I can't upload my pics publicly for hosting yet. I'll come back and put them in here soon's I can, though.
    photo.php

Top Bottom