• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Have you seen the new GMC Electric Hummer?

Not sure if it's considered a truck but it sure looks better than the Tesla truck.

I've flushed things that looked better than the Tesla truck. :D

The Hummer is cool, but the F-150 looks like a "normal" F-150 and is priced at a point the masses can buy it. I haven't looked much into the Hummer as I think the cost is more then I'd entertain.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Also, how do you think the new Maverick will do in Europe as a pickup? For a small form factor truck it looks pretty interesting as well.
    Pickup trucks are not that popular here.
    I've read they won't even offer the Maverick here ... :dunno:
    You don't see much of them, trucks in general.

I've seen a few Ford Ranger models, apparently it's their compact model.

I've seen one F150 here in France, one single time.
    Everybody gathered next to it in the parking lot to see what was this "huge" truck.

Even though it's not much bigger than the Ranger (here on the right).

c48145be2081273978b15122cf6c45323659acf9.jpg

My local ford dealership has just one single pickup truck on display, I'm not sure they sold any.

Renault, one of the leading French car manufacturer, just came up with their very first pickup truck last year.

It's probably cheaper than imported US cars.

Our local hospital recently got some Ford trucks for their emergency medical vehicles.
    They got Ford Rangers instead of French brands.

nouveau-vehicule-smu1.jpg

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I have no issues with electric vehicles. I think they are great in the right conditions

That said that truck should have 2 doors, a supercharged v8, a california bed and be rwd.
    The f150-ev would have been a perfectly fine name for that truck.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I have no issues with electric vehicles. I think they are great in the right conditions

That said that truck should have 2 doors, a supercharged v8, a california bed and be rwd.
    The f150-ev would have been a perfectly fine name for that truck.
    Pfft. The original lightning was naturally aspirated and slab sided.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Pfft. The original lightning was naturally aspirated and slab sided.

...and a complete dog in comparison, taking 7.2 seconds to do 0-60. Perhaps the height of 1990s tech, but man we've come a long way.

Now if Chevy does a new 454SS...also a dog by modern standards, but at least a good looking one. :D

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Yeah, I know there's not a ton of pickups. What I've read is that the Ranger is a strong seller in that fairly small market, though. I'm surprised the Maverick won't be offered.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    You don't see much of them, trucks in general.

I've seen a few Ford Ranger models, apparently it's their compact model.

I've seen one F150 here in France, one single time.
    Everybody gathered next to it in the parking lot to see what was this "huge" truck.

Even though it's not much bigger than the Ranger (here on the right).

c48145be2081273978b15122cf6c45323659acf9.jpg

My local ford dealership has just one single pickup truck on display, I'm not sure they sold any.

Renault, one of the leading French car manufacturer, just came up with their very first pickup truck last year.

It's probably cheaper than imported US cars.

Our local hospital recently got some Ford trucks for their emergency medical vehicles.
    They got Ford Rangers instead of French brands.

nouveau-vehicule-smu1.jpg

Remault made a truck?

Body on boxed frame?

paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    So in indiana the charging cost is 4 cents per minute. That works out to roughly 7 dollars for 20%-85% when my wife charges during her lunch sometimes.

Illinois and Iowa charge by the KWH and I think it was 14 cents in Iowa and 24 in Illinois. So the battery pack is 77kw but you don’t typically fill from 0-100% so those charges cost 8-16 dollars.

the whole trip cost approximately 75 dollars according to my Tesla account (note I wasn’t going for efficiency, I ran with the speed of traffic on I80, speed limits seem to be a suggestion over there to put it mildly). The route planner IOS app I use says the trip should only cost 50 dollars if you drive posted speed limits.

To put that in comparison in my 18 Silverado that trip would have cost over 140.

How many miles total was this round trip if you don't mind me asking? I'm curious because my hybrid gets 50+mpg and $75 equals 25ish gallons of fuel for me. That would give me 1250ish miles for the same cost as you.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    How many miles total was this round trip if you don't mind me asking? I'm curious because my hybrid gets 50+mpg and $75 equals 25ish gallons of fuel for me. That would give me 1250ish miles for the same cost as you.
    ~750 miles

your hybrid isn’t doing 50 mpg keeping up with traffic in Illinois. You get your doors blown off running 80, that’s why I continue to say, wasn’t driving for efficiency.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Renault made a truck?

Body on boxed frame?
    Not sure. :dunno:

Apparently it uses the same frame used on the Mercedes-Benz X-class.

It's their first civilian pick up truck but they have made plenty of trucks for the military over the years.

They make an armored 4x4 (Hummer style).

870x489_maxnewsworld977094.jpg

Renault-Sherpa-Armoured-Vehicle-1021x576.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yeah, I know there's not a ton of pickups. What I've read is that the Ranger is a strong seller in that fairly small market, though. I'm surprised the Maverick won't be offered.

Our Gendarmerie bought a bunch of Ford Ranger apparently.

0cf49e-25333526847_c4a3055fce_b.jpg

40528076872_39002379b8_b.jpg

I haven't seen many of them owned by civilians but they are popular for police/EMS/fire.

The French military also ordered some 2,000 modified Ford Ranger.
    They change the grill, do some fancy paint job, and add casses inside the doors to store the new HK assault rifle.

acmat-vt4-4.jpg

acmat_vt4_armee_2.jpg

033.jpg

images_list-r4x3w1000-5dcc002857439-dsc-0847-jpg.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I totally want doors like that!

I am slightly embarrassed to admit I now really pay attention to cup holder placement. Remember when you had to buy a little basket thing that hung in the window channel to have a cup holder in a truck? "Best thing since cup holders" should replace "sliced bread" because, honestly, I can slice my own bread easier then I can hold my coffee while driving. Who hasn't had a cold/hot crotch dunking due to the old "thighmaster cup holder"...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I am slightly embarrassed to admit I now really pay attention to cup holder placement. Remember when you had to buy a little basket thing that hung in the window channel to have a cup holder in a truck? "Best thing since cup holders" should replace "sliced bread" because, honestly, I can slice my own bread easier then I can hold my coffee while driving. Who hasn't had a cold/hot crotch dunking due to the old "thighmaster cup holder"...
    The door cup holders in my vehicles have dedicated water bottles living in them.

Luckily my vehicles have consoles, where the Contigo's ride.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    The door cup holders in my vehicles have dedicated water bottles living in them.

Luckily my vehicles have consoles, where the Contigo's ride.

My truck has plenty of cup holders. My car, well it has two but they are useless with the manual. You can either shift gears or use the cup holders, but not both.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My truck has plenty of cup holders. My car, well it has two but they are useless with the manual. You can either shift gears or use the cup holders, but not both.
    Glad my "rally car" Focus isn't designed that way. I can be rather ambitious with the shifting In the twisty's and the city.

Top Bottom