• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    From the schedule, Monday is Scout Day. Will Monday be packed with scouts? I've never been to this show and want to go but I don't want to go when it's shoulder to shoulder.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    When I went to scout day - we always got there early (open early for them) and left shortly after lunch.

I'd not worry about it being scout day.

Worry about it being g President's Day...

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I've been going for 30 years or more. They used to have a sound impersonator that would make sounds like a motorboat or a day in a duckblind. It's not near as much fun as it used to be but I still go for old times' sake.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I think my wife, kids, and I will be going on Monday. If you see two tall folks pushing a stroller (or two) toting around a cranky 1 year old and a cranky 3 year old... Stop me and ask me again why I went...

-J-

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I made my first ever visit to the show this afternoon. I thought it was pretty nice. I was shocked to see they had some plastic soft lures I have been wanting to order online. Jackall Super Cross Tail Shad. Picked up two packs and a pack of Jackall worms. I looked at the Diawa spinning reels. After looking at that reel closely I'm definitely going to get a Diawa Lexa spinning reel in a week or so.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I enjoy going to the show and discovered it was well worth burning a vacation day to go up there on Friday. Got there just before noon and as soon as I walked in I told my buddy this is the way to go. It was nice being able to move around and actually look at stuff and not be cramped like a Jan. or Mar. 1500. One dealer was selling rods for 20% off so I brought home my first St. Croix Legend Tournament bass rod. 7'1", medium-heavy, extra fast casting rod. Can't wait to try it out this spring.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I enjoy going to the show and discovered it was well worth burning a vacation day to go up there on Friday. Got there just before noon and as soon as I walked in I told my buddy this is the way to go. It was nice being able to move around and actually look at stuff and not be cramped like a Jan. or Mar. 1500. One dealer was selling rods for 20% off so I brought home my first St. Croix Legend Tournament bass rod. 7'1", medium-heavy, extra fast casting rod. Can't wait to try it out this spring.
    Was it the custom rod guy that rebuild st.criox rods? I love the st.criox blanks and have slowly been switching over to them for all my rods. I personally didnt like the show as much as last years as it seemed there were no good deals to be had besdes the guy with the purple yum which I wish I hadnt passed up as that stuff isnt availible anymore. I still enjoyed the show but it seemed like not alot of stock changed over the year only gotten more expensive. Maybe its just because Im used to working the show and only having 1 crowded day this year made it hard to navigate the show for me.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Thorne Brothers was the dealer that had the rods at 20% off. They were set up in the back right corner in tackle town. Receipt says they're based out of Blaine, MN.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My wife, kids, a good buddy, and I went last Monday (17th).

Thank you all for staying home or working that day.

Though it was Scout Day - the vast majority of schools had classes - so no day off for MLK Day.

That plus the "big bad ice storm" that was forecast for the afternoon...

It was pretty dead all day. Loved it. Absolutely loved it.

Was there just shy of noon until just before dark.

It was dead before the rain - it was REALLY dead after it started.

Awesome.

-J-

beehunter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    I went to the show Saturday and I was really disapointed in the show, ecspecially tackletown. I did buy 2 lures that I have been looking for and have been unable to find but in my opinion its nothing like it was 10 to 15 years ago and I doubt if I go back.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom