• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    Fun factor hits all-time high at Ford 60[SUP]th[/SUP]Annual Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show

Kid and family-friendly exhibitsand attractions are fun for all ages

INDIANAPOLIS – December 11, 2013
    The Ford 60[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Showhas been serving up heaping helpings of quality, family recreation andentertainment for the past 60 years. “Our company started as a family business and it still is today,” saysshow organizer Kevin Renfro of Renfro Productions and Management, whose stapleIndiana outdoor show is designed to help other families enjoy positive,meaningful experiences together in the great outdoors. “It’s what we do,” continues Renfro, “and wecarry that same theme of making the outdoors fun indoors into our show eachyear.”
    The largest outdoor show of its kind,the Ford 60[SUP]th[/SUP] AnnualIndianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show returns to the Indiana StateFairgrounds February 14-23, 2014, and includes the 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] Annual Indiana Motorcycle Expo during its openingweekend (Feb. 14-16) and an expanded 17[SUP]th[/SUP]Annual Indiana Deer, Turkey and Waterfowl Expo during its closing weekend(Feb. 20-23). Attending families areinvited to “Find Their Adventures” through fun and exciting features andattractions offered throughout the entire ten-day event.

Shark Encounter
    Sharks arefascinating creatures that play a critical role in the health of ouroceans. And while they probably hope tonever run into one, kids are extremely interested in them. The thrilling Shark Encounter exhibit, opendaily at this year’s show, will captivate the entire family as they watch humandivers come face to face with live sharks in a 5,000 gallon saltwatertank. Entertainment and educationintersect at this can’t-miss exhibit, which also includes a life-size greatwhite shark jaw replica and extensive and interesting information on ourplanet’s top aquatic predators.

Scout Day
    BoyScouts of America and Girl Scouts of the USA have helped to shape andstrengthen the character of millions of America’s youth over theseorganizations’ combined 216-year history. In recognition and celebration of scouting’s contributions to oursociety, Monday,Feb. 17 will provide a full day of special programs and hands-on activitiesespecially for Scouts, including tent pitching, canoe packing, kayak paddlingand casting. Scouts will receive aspecial patch for their participation. In addition, a variety of informationalseminars of special interest to Scouts will also be offered. These entertaining and informative seminars onfishing, camping, back packing and more are geared for scouts, but are sure tobe appreciated by all who attend. “Scouting is a greatAmerican tradition,” says Ford 60[SUP]th[/SUP] AnnualIndianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show organizer, Kevin Renfro. “And we’re thrilled to be able to offer theseopportunities to our state and local scouting communities,” he continues. In addition to special discounted admissionavailable in advance online, each scout who attends Scout Day in uniform willreceive a free climb on the show’s Peak Adventure Rock Wall and free fishing atthe trout pond.

Youth Archery Range
    The YouthArchery Range, located in Expo Hall at the 17[SUP]th[/SUP]Annual Indiana Deer, Turkey andWaterfowl Expo, is a fantastic and safe opportunity to introduce young onesto the great sport of archery. Kids will be instructed on bow safety and propershooting techniques by the professional staff of the Indiana Bow HuntersAssociation. The Youth Archery Rangewill be open each day of the 17[SUP]th[/SUP]Annual Indiana Deer, Turkey andWaterfowl Expo, February 20-23.

Tackle Town Kids’ Trout Fishing
    Fishing isAmerica’s most popular recreational pastime, and the 70,000-square-foot TackleTown is the place to be for all things fishing while visiting the Ford 60[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual Ford Indianapolis Boat, Sportand Travel Show. In addition to great deals onlures, equipment and tackle that simply can’t be found anywhere else, TackleTown has its very own Kids’ Trout Fishing Pond, open daily, where youngsterscan wet a line and catch live trout!

Tiny Tots Test Track
    Let thelittle ones ride at the Tiny Tots Test Track, set up in Expo Hall, February14-16 at the 23[SUP]rd[/SUP] AnnualIndiana Motorcycle Expo. The Tiny Tot Test Track providesthe test track, motorcycle and safety apparel for your future bikers. It’s areal riding experience that’s sure to please any youngster. The only problem will be getting your kids toleave. In conjunction with the Tiny TotsTest Track, ABATE of Indiana will have the “ABATE Children’s MotorcycleAdventure” with several additional hands on activities geared toward kids.

Honey Creek Tackle Kid’s Day
    Kids love coming to the show. Andon Saturday, February 22 they love it even more when the first 500 kids throughthe door receive a rod and reel combo courtesy of Honey Creek Tackle.
    Kids Fishing Fun Seminar
    Outdoorwriter and radio show host Dan Armitage will be back in Indianapolis to conducthis entertaining seminars on the Hawg Trough at this year’s show. In addition to his outdoor communications andfishing work, Armitage works with the national Hooked On Fishing, Not On Drugs program to conduct educationalfishing seminars for youths across North America. Dan’s popular Kids Fishing Fun seminar will be giveneach Saturday and Sunday of the show, and is an entertaining and educationalshow that actively engages kids and gets them excited about and interested inthe sport of fishing.

AllNew Peak Adventure Rock Wall
    Kids love climbing, but are they ready for theRock? This custom-designed mobile rockwall stands 24-feet tall and adds a dash of extreme sports to the show. Open daily in the Champions Pavilion, the PeakAdventure Rock Wall is open to anyone who wants to give rock climbing a try –including adults -- in a safe environment. The Wall is a kid favorite, and isconsistently one of the most popular exhibits at the Ford 60[SUP]th[/SUP] Annual Indianapolis Boat, Sport andTravel Show.

For the latest information on show features andattractions, general show information, or to purchase tickets online, go to IndySportShow.com.

Ford 60[SUP]th[/SUP]Annual Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show hours:
    Friday, Feb. 14: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.
    Saturdays, Feb. 15 & 22: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
    Sundays, Feb. 16 & 23: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
    Monday, Feb. 17: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
    Tuesday & Wednesday, Feb. 18 & 19: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m.
    Thursday & Friday, Feb. 20 & 21: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.

Admission prices:
    $13 Adults
    $11 Seniors (60+)
    $8 Kids (6-12)
    FREE All kids 5 and under

HuntMeister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 21, 2010
    Wow, deer expo on the last weekend? That's a big change that may catch some folks off guard. Guess us deer hunters have to take a back seat to the bike folks.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    After last years mad house of trying to walk through the D & T expo I was going to skip it and just go towards the end of the week just for the whole fishing aspect of it. Now depending on the crowd I may actually be able to walk through this one and it not be elbow to elbow (it was literally that bad last year). If my work schedule doesn't change then I should be off that weekend anyway. Will probably still burn a vac day and go up on the second Friday. I love drooling on some boats and walking through tackle town.

tocaman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    MT->MI->IN->SC
    Don't tell PETA, but I miss Ceasar the wrestling bear. Best $20 I spent for 3 minutes to 'rassle a bear with a free trip to West VA white water rafting... the late 80s rocked.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Show seems to be getting old, turning into a biker hangout, the boat section is flat boring, seems you pay for dealers to pawn there crap to you. I wish it was really about outdoor stuff and fishing.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I should be at the show for about 10-12 days this year again at either CIBA or HMBA.

Show seems to be getting old, turning into a biker hangout, the boat section is flat boring, seems you pay for dealers to pawn there crap to you. I wish it was really about outdoor stuff and fishing.

Same for the 1500

I have saved around $200 on tackle each year personally. I do wish it was more outdoorsy and once they get the coliseum back that might change as the quiet sports expo seems to be going that route.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    No mention of the "quiet sports" area. Is this still being featured?

Yes this is the Renfo show and I believe the Quiet Sports area will continue this year.

I can confirm that unless plans change there will be a quiet sports area just like last year. Its listed on the 2014 exhibitor brochure cover and floorplan with some slight layout changes from last year. Really the past year and this year it has just been scaled back to fit in half of the space it usually fills in the champions pavilion because of the construction of the new arena.

I usually work at one of two booths,HMBA(kids pump track) or CIBA, during the show during the past 3 years since the quiet expo started. I hope well be there again this year with atleast HMBA as its been a show highlight for the past few years and drawn the most traffic of any exhibitor and working the booth is extreme fun.

One of the biggest changes has been the hours change. Instead of 3-9pm on weekdays and 10-9 like last year the show is now
    Friday, February 14 ............................... 2:00 pm– 8:00 pm
    Saturday, February 15 ............................... 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
    Sunday, February 16 ............................... 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
    (Scout Day) Monday, February 17 .......................... 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
    Tuesday, February 18 ............................... 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm
    Wednesday, February 19 ............................... 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm
    Thursday, February 20 ............................... 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
    Friday, February 21 .............................. 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
    Saturday, February 22 .......................... 10:00 am – 8:00 pm (Kids Day)
    Sunday, February 23 ............................... 10:00 am – 5:00 pm

I am guessing they are hoping to get the lunch crowd.

Last edited:

SigFan07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Indiana
    I've never been to the show but I want to attend this time. I'm only interested in fishing but I would like to check the whole thing out. Are there certain days that are better than others that focus on fishing? Is there a day or two when more speakers will be giving talks on fishing than other days?

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    I've never been to the show but I want to attend this time. I'm only interested in fishing but I would like to check the whole thing out. Are there certain days that are better than others that focus on fishing? Is there a day or two when more speakers will be giving talks on fishing than other days?

I just received this today:

Fishing Seminars
    With nearly 60 million participants nationwide, sport fishing is America’s most popular form of recreation. This year’s Ford 60th Annual Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show will provide attending anglers with a comprehensive schedule of seminars covering the Midwest’s most popular gamefish species. This year, in addition to the ever-popular black bass, crappie fishing will take center stage during the show’s second weekend, February 22-23, with a full limit of crappie fishing expertise served up in the form of informative seminars that will help anyone become more adept at tracking down and reeling in these tasty panfish.
    The Ask the Pros Fishing Seminar Series provides a unique seminar format that puts show goers into direct contact with the seminar speakers. It is an interactive forum, providing invaluable opportunities for seminar attendees to ask the questions most important to them. Headlining this year’s Ask the Pros Fishing Seminar Series are three bass fishing legends: George Cochran, David Fritts and Dion Hibdon -- three of only five anglers to ever win both the BASS Bassmaster Classic and the FLW’s Forrest Wood Cup. These three angling elites represent an unparalleled opportunity for visitors to increase their knowledge of bass and bass fishing.
    Dion Hibdon began fishing the FLW Tour in 1996 and has fished at every level of competition with FLW. Hibdon’s favorite weapon on the water is a jig, and he says he’s never had a job outside of professional fishing. A true superstar of tournament bass fishing at the highest level, Hibdon has plenty to share with his audiences.
    One of the most successful veterans in all of bass fishing, David Fritts has been professionally fishing for over 20 years. Fritts is known as the crankbait master and he has used this bait almost exclusively to notch his numerous victories and top-ten finishes with both FLW and BASS tournament circuits. Fritts’ knowledge, expertise and stories will have seminar attendees on the edges of their seats.
    George Cochran tied a career-high finish in the 2010 FLW Tour Angler of the Year race by finishing 16th. He has earned more than $2 million in the sport of professional bass fishing. He has fished the FLW Tour since it was formed in 1996 and has made nine championship appearances including his win in front of his hometown crowd in Hot Springs, Arkansas. He loves fishing shallow water with spinner baits and crankbaits. Like Hibdon and Fritts, Cochran is one of bass fishing’s true angling elite, and will have audience members spellbound with his angling intelligence.
    The bass is still America’s favorite game fish, and the Ford 60th Annual Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show will treat visitors to plenty of additional bass fishing expertise, including can’t miss seminars from fan favorites Joe Thomas and Todd Hollowell.
    Thomas, a 30-year tournament veteran and Outdoor Channel TV host, will share his expertise on various techniques while allowing seminar participants to actually view them on the big screen by utilizing video segments from his fan favorite show, Stihl’s Reel in the Outdoors. He will teach tips and techniques from his experience on the tournament trail, while sharing some of his funniest -- and sometimes embarrassing -- moments on the water. No one else in the business informs and entertains like Joe Thomas. His seminars will help anyone catch more fish on their local waters.
    Todd Holloway lives in Central Indiana and is a full-time bass pro on the FLW Tour, recently completing his second season. His impressive tour stats include three top-20 finishes, highlighted by a seventh place finish at Kentucky Lake. Todd has also made numerous national television appearances. In 2014, he will be the exclusive host for Bass Dr., a new show on the World Fishing Network. Holloway’s informative seminars will draw heavily from his experiences fishing Indiana waters.
    While the Ford 60th Annual Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show will provide plenty of emphasis on bass, professional anglers will give additional species-specific seminars throughout the week on everything from steelhead and salmon to crappie, muskie and carp.
    America has gone crappie crazy over the past few years due to the species’ wide availability, tasty table qualities, and the rapid evolution of tournament crappie fishing. A dedicated crappie fishing Ask the Pros Crappie Seminar Series, sponsored by B’n’M Poles, will be offered on February 22 and 23 in conjunction with special crappie fishing exhibitors offering great deals on the latest crappie fishing gear and crappie fishing adventures. This panel of crappie experts will help folks crack the crappie code on waters from Wawasee to Patoka and everywhere in between.
    Russ Bailey is from St. Mary’s, Ohio and has had huge success in the crappie fishing industry. He is an 11-time national championship qualifier, host of the Midwest Crappie television series, host of the Anytime Crappie DVD series, and has also been featured in many articles across the country. Russ is known best for his skills in the dock shooting presentation – a technique he will cover in his informative seminars.
    Kyle Schoenherr is a full time crappie guide in southern Illinois and tournament pro, spending hundreds of days on Rend Lake, Kinkaid Lake, and Lake of Egypt each year. His tournament highlights include six first-place finishes and 23 top three finishes on the professional crappie circuit, and top ten showings in five out of six National Championships since 2010. Kyle’s on-the-water experience is second to none, and provides his interesting seminars with plenty of practical information.
    Ronnie Capps resides near the shore of the famous Reelfoot Lake in northwest Tennessee, where he has lived since childhood. He credits his late grandfather for playing a large part in his love of the outdoors. Capps and his grandfather were involved with hunting, fishing or trapping in some way on a daily basis while growing up, and catching crappie was always one of their favorite things to do. Capps is a graduate of Murray State University, where he received degrees in Wildlife Biology & Fisheries Management. He became a Tennessee Wildlife Officer just after graduation, and has over 20 years of experience as an enforcement officer dealing with wildlife, fish, and boating laws, as well as outdoors and conservation education. Capps has captured eight National Crappie Tournament Championships along with more than 100 single day competition crappie tournament events in various states. Capps was inducted to the Legends in the Outdoors Hall of Fame in 2011.
    Phil Rambo is one of Indiana’s best and most well known crappie anglers. He received the honor of the Bass Pro Shops/Crappie Masters Sportsman of the Year Award in 2008, has appeared on many television shows and been featured in many magazines. He has co-hosted the southern Indiana radio show Outdoors Today for 6 years. With his wife Eva, Rambo has fished competitively for 12 years and has qualified for 9 Crappie USA Classics, 2 C.A.S.T. Classics and 5 consecutive Crappie Master Classics. He finished 3rd in National Points in Bass Pro Shops/ Crappie Masters Tournament Trail in ’08 and ’09. Phil’s seminars will help anyone catch more crappie on Indiana lakes like Monroe, Patoka and others.
    Many Indiana residents – even avid anglers – are unaware of the quality of the state’s muskie fishing. In fact, Hoosier lakes like Webster, Tippecanoe, the Barbee Chain and others boast some of the highest muskie densities anywhere in the country. Want a head start on hooking one? The Ford 60th Annual Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show has muskie mania covered.
    Mike Hulbert is a full time muskie guide and travels across the Midwest chasing the fish of 10,000 casts. He has been guiding for 12 years and spends over 200 days a year on the water. Mike is a full time writer and field editor for Musky Hunter Magazine, films several shows a year with Musky Hunter TV and spends the winter months giving seminars across the country. Hulbert’s
    Seminar will include Large Rubber=Large Muskies, Musky Mistakes and Mind Games, and How to Tackle Indiana Muskies Successfully.
    Also talking muskies is Indiana’s own Chae Dolsen. Dolsen started musky fishing in 1994 when Indiana’s heralded muskie program began to reach maturity. A licensed guide and founder of Webster Lake Guide Service and Tippy River Tackle, Dolsen is a tournament angler, a member of Muskies Inc., president of WLMC Chapter #49 and on the pro staff of several companies. Chae’s seminars will help anyone to be a more successful muskie angler – especially on Indiana’s blue-ribbon muskie waters.
    Fishing doesn’t begin and end with bass, crappie and muskie. Thankfully, additional seminars at this year’s Ford 60th Annual Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show will cover other popular species like walleye, carp, steelhead and salmon.
    After many years of pleasure fishing since childhood, Jay Couch discovered Indiana’s quality but little-known walleye fishing in Indiana in 2007. Soon thereafter, Couch joined the Hoosier Walleye Association and began to focus on walleye tournament fishing, where he received coaching from some of the best walleye anglers in Indiana. Jay quickly racked up several club wins, Big Fish titles and a Hoosier Walleye Championship. He has qualified for the Cabela’s National Team Challenge three years straight. He joined the Masters Walleye Circuit in 2011 and become a member of National Professional Anglers Association in 2013. Jay strives to share the knowledge he has gained and tips and tricks he has learned over the past few years to better enable others to enjoy the great sport of walleye fishing right here in Indiana.
    Gilbert Huxley has been fishing for carp for 33 years, and will share his expertise on this fast-growing and exciting sport during his fascinating seminars at this year’s Ford 60th Annual Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show. An Indiana resident, Huxley has placed in the top 10 of the ”Westside Bait/Hoosier Carpers Tournament Trail” for the past 5 out of 6 years of the trail. He is a member of Carp Anglers Group and the American Carp Society, and founder of Hoosier Carpers and Hoosercarpbait.com.
    Fly fishing is one of the fastest growing segments of the recreational fishing industry, largely because it is a great way to catch fish, but also because tackle manufacturers have helped to make the sport much more affordable than it once was. Attendees at the Ford 60th Annual Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show will have the opportunity to attend a variety of down-to-earth fly fishing seminars, including Fly Fishing for Indiana’s Warm Water Species and Fly Fishing for Steelhead and Salmon, delivered by Josh Lantz of World Class Fly Fishing. A well known outdoor writer and editor, Lantz has made his living in the field of outdoor communications for the last 20 years, and has owned and operating World Class Fly Fishing with Josh Lantz, fly fishing and light tackle angling for steelhead, salmon, bass and muskie in Northern Indiana and Southwest Michigan, since 1999.
    Kids love fishing too, and they’ll find there very own seminar at this year’s Ford 60th Annual Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show. Outdoor writer and radio show host Dan Armitage will be back in Indianapolis to conduct his entertaining kids’ seminars on the Hawg Trough at this year’s show. In addition to his outdoor communications and fishing work, Armitage works with the national Hooked On Fishing, Not On Drugs program to conduct educational fishing seminars for youths across North America. Dan’s popular Kids Fishing Fun seminar is an entertaining and educational show that actively engages kids in the audience.

Hunting Seminars
    Covering whitetails to waterfowl, turkeys, small game and even wild hogs, this year’s Big Tine Ask the Pros Hunting Seminar Series will feature seminars from bow hunting super duo Fred and Michelle Eichler, Harold Knight, C.J. Winand and many more. Additional appearances will be made by waterfowl hunting superstars Hunter Grounds and Jeff Foiles; Travis and Leigh Creekbaum of Sportsman Channel’s hit show, Scent Blocker’s The Chase With Leigh and Travis, and others.
    Fred Eichler is a man of personal achievement. His passion for bowhunting has taken him all over the world in pursuit of his next adventure. In mid-August of 2009, Fred harvested a cow Tule Elk to join a small and elite group of bowhunters who have taken all 29 North American big game animals with bow and arrow – known among hunters as the Super Slam. Eichler, however, is the only hunter in history to accomplish the task using a primitive, recurve bow. Bow hunters will be in awe of the information and stories shared by Eichler during his seminars.
    Knight & Hale Ultimate Hunting Team member Harold Knight is one of the most well known hunters in the industry. Harold is one half of the Knight & Hale team that redefined the hunting industry with its innovative and easy-to-use game calls and other revolutionary products. Harold won many national calling contests during his time on the circuit, including the World Goose Calling Championship. A lifetime member of the National Wild Turkey Federation, Harold is equally at home hunting turkeys in his home state of Kentucky or taking trophy bull elk in Montana. His Knight & Hale’s Ultimate Hunting has been one of the most popular hunting programs on TV since its debut as Woods and Wetlands back in 1986. Harold’s lifetime of hunting experience and humble nature make him one of the most admired and sought after outdoor personalities.
    C.J. Winand is a wildlife biologist, a columnist for Bowhunter Magazine and one of the most knowledgeable whitetail deer biologists and behaviorists on the planet. Winand has also been actively involved with countless conservation and wildlife education organizations, programs and initiatives over the course of his long career. All the scientific information presented during his fascinating talks is based on actual field research conducted by him or other prominent wildlife biologists. C.J. translates this complex, scientific information in a way that every hunter can understand and utilize to modify their hunting techniques and harvest quality bucks. C.J.’s seminars are data packed and will elevate even an experienced hunter’s savvy.
    Travis Creekbaum took his first elk when he was 17 and his first bear when he was 29. He has hunted all around the country for various species, but his favorite is the Midwest whitetail. If he gets to do it with a bow or muzzleloader he is even happier. Leigh developed a passion for the outdoors after marrying Travis in 2004. Together, they purchased a couple hundred acres in Coosa County, Alabama and their collective focus on Wildlife Management began. Travis & Leigh started their TV venture in 2009 where they joined forces with the Campbell Outdoor Challenge. Scent Blocker’s The Chase w/ Leigh & Travis was born a few months later and airs on Sportsman Channel.
    Jeff Foiles started hunting at six years old. His first shot was out of a J.C. Higgins 12 gauge pump when he harvested two Canvasback drakes. That started his 41-year love for waterfowling. Jeff started guiding hunters at an early age, traveling across the United States and Canada doing what he loved and keeping his family fed. He started on the competition calling circuit in early 1990, and had won many championships since, including the 2003 World All around Duck and Goose Championship and the 2004 WCA World Championship Goose Competition. Foiles made his first duck call in 1991 -- the beginning of his championship line of “Strait Meat” Duck and Goose Calls.
    Hunter Grounds was retired from the World Goose Calling contest in Easton, MD by the time he was 20, winning in 2003, 2005, 2007. Since 2003, Hunter remains the youngest ever (16) to win the world crown. The same night in 2003, he also won the World Junior Goose, making him the only caller to ever hold both Senior and Junior titles in the same year. He and Tim Grounds are the only father/son duo to be retired from the world event. Hunting has taken Hunter all across the US, Canada, and Mexico. Hunter’s waterfowl calling and hunting expertise will amaze seminar attendees.
    Jim Ward has been hunting from a young age and has patterned his life to the pursuit of hunting deer. After earning degrees in Conservation Law and Natural Resources, Jim landed his first career in land management in 2001. Ward now operates Jim Ward’s Whitetail Academy, where his classes feature valuable information on scent control, calling deer, cameras, equipment, anatomy, field care and mapping. Jim will be speaking at this year’s show about building buck and doe beds and travel corridors.
    Trappers play a critical role in helping to manage wildlife species that aren’t typically as sought after by traditional hunting. Charlie Mascheck has been a trapper for 39 years and founded Hoosier Trapper Supply in 1976. He talks to trappers and future trappers everyday and has the perspective and knowledge to help anyone become a successful trapper. Charlie formulated and makes the Leatherwood Trapping Scent line, used by trappers nationwide, and recently released his first instructional DVD: Coyote Trapping, Making Sense of it All. Mascheck’s informative seminars will cover the fundamentals of trapping.
    Chuck Brenner is a self-made hunter who learned the ropes in the hills of west Tennessee and currently resides in Southern Indiana. Brenner keeps his hunting skills sharp by competing in archery and game calling competitions. He has won many titles, including two National Field Archery Association Championships and one Tennessee Archery Association Championship. Chuck loves to hunt turkey, deer, quail, rabbit and squirrel, but his favorite is the wild hog. Feral hogs are a destructive force to other wildlife and habitat wherever they are found. He discovered wild hogs in Indiana around 2003 and began hunting them in 2004. Since then, he has harvested more than 100 of the non-native animals. He works with the Indiana Division of Fish and Wildlife by giving them DNA and blood and tissue samples from the hogs he takes. He has had several articles published in major magazines on hog hunting and trapping. Feral hogs are expanding their range throughout the country and here in Indiana. Chuck’s seminars will let folks know the best ways to target these animals.

Quiet Sports Seminars
    There’s plenty of first-rate outdoor experience on tap at this year’s Ford 60th Annual Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show outside the realms of fishing and hunting. The Quiet Sports area will be open for show-goers all ten days of the Ford 60th Annual Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show, and is the place for great seminars on hiking, camping, mountaineering, paddling and other human-powered, low-impact outdoor adventures.
    Cliff Jacobson is one of North America’s most respected outdoor writers, wilderness guides, national and foreign consultants, and is the most published canoeing/camping writer of this century. He is a professional canoe guide and outfitter, a wilderness canoeing and camping consultant and the author of over a dozen top-selling books on camping and canoeing. Cliff’s methods are proven by the sweat of pack and paddle and are reminiscent of the days when skills were more important than gadgets. A retired environmental science teacher (34 years), Cliff is respected by educators for his backcountry ethics, water quality, and wilderness navigation curricula. 
 An accomplished canoeist, Cliff was recently recognized by the American Canoe Association (ACA), which presented him with the Legends of Paddling Award and inducted him into the ACA Hall of Fame. Cliff will give his riveting seminars the first weekend of the show only, February 14th – 17th.
    Darlene Patterson has been traveling and exploring the natural wonders of this planet most of her life. Her adventures have taken her to places like the Canadian Arctic where she swam in the Beaufort Sea, the Pingos near Tuktoyaktuk, where she ran to safety from the grizzly bears, and to South America where she paddled the Amazon River in a dug out canoe and was bitten on the back of the leg by a piranha. Spending two summers working as an instructor at the Voyageur Outward Bound School outside Ely, Minnesota helped to shape her wilderness camping skills and love for canoeing in the BWCA/Quetico. At home in central Indiana, Patterson teaches youth and adult hiking and backpacking courses. Most recently, Darlene spent five weeks traveling in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area enjoying an eight-day solo adventure, as well as, leading trips for other paddlers into this amazing, magical world. She also traveled to Baffin Island in Nunavut, Canada last summer, canoeing on the Soper River, camping in the territorial parks, and kayaking the Arctic Ocean around Pond Inlet. Darlene will be presenting about Solo Paddling the BWCA February 14-17, and Backcountry Photography February 21-23.
    Stacy Boone, also known as Simply Seeking, began hiking in 1998 with a thru-hike of the 2,100-mile Appalachian Trail. Since then she has hiked the John Muir Trail, Long Trail, Pacific Crest Trail, Cohos Trail, Centennial Trail and the Continental Divide Trail. Boone’s enthusiasm for hiking and pursuit of outdoor experiences is endless. Over the past decade, she has led both adults and children in hikes and backpacking trips that continue to renew her desire to share the outdoor experience. Stacy opened Step Outdoors, LLC, in southwest Colorado in 2001. The sole purpose of the business is to give individuals an opportunity to familiarize themselves with the outdoors through backpacking trips. Understanding that many individuals have a desire to step out but not necessarily the confidence to do so without guidance and support, Step Outdoors, LLC facilitates an opportunity to experience the emotional freedom of outdoor recreation pursuits with unparalleled leadership. Boone’s seminars at this year’s show include Plan Ahead and Prepare – Your Next Backpacking Adventure Awaits, an interactive presentation that answers the questions pertaining to planning for your trips and fine-tuning tasks and details before loading your backpack to help ensure a successful adventure.

Providing quality seminars that inform, educate and entertain has been a part of the Renfro philosophy for over 60 years. No matter where their particular interests lie, attendees at this year’s Ford 60th Annual Indianapolis Boat, Sport and Travel Show will find a wealth of outdoor expertise being shared in all kinds of seminars from some of the biggest names in the outdoors today.

For the latest information on seminar speakers and schedules, general show information, or to purchase tickets online, go to indysportshow.com.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    Do they have any guns/ammo on display/for sale during this event? Headed there Sunday with a buddy (mostly to check out the bikes) but would definitely stop by and shop if they had a firearms stand.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Do they have any guns/ammo on display/for sale during this event? Headed there Sunday with a buddy (mostly to check out the bikes) but would definitely stop by and shop if they had a firearms stand.

Haven't EVER seen anything like that at the show. And I've been going off/on since the early 90's.

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Don't take my response as a definitive answer... But I can honestly say that I cannot remember seeing anything like that.

Though it would kind of make sense for some of the larger "hunting gun" folks to at least have a booth set up to showcase their wares.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom