• ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Best: Sunshine
    Worst: At the Earth's Core and Vicious Lips tied. At the Earth's Core is a blatant rip off of Journey to the Center of the Earth, it's main redeeming quote being "You can't hypnotise me, I'm British!!". Vicious Lips is if Alien, Dune, Jem and an 80s music video all had group fun in the backseat of a Camero. It is horrible. Just horrible.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Best: Sunshine
    Worst: At the Earth's Core and Vicious Lips tied. At the Earth's Core is a blatant rip off of Journey to the Center of the Earth, it's main redeeming quote being "You can't hypnotise me, I'm British!!". Vicious Lips is if Alien, Dune, Jem and an 80s music video all had group fun in the backseat of a Camero. It is horrible. Just horrible.

Sunshine is AWESOME! I forgot about that one!

Another good one I just thought of is Core with Aaron Echardt and Hillary Swank. Decent science for a sub rate movie, it made me enjoy the cheesiness of Unobtainium that much more. :D

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Sunshine is AWESOME! I forgot about that one!

Another good one I just thought of is Core with Aaron Echardt and Hillary Swank. Decent science for a sub rate movie, it made me enjoy the cheesiness of Unobtainium that much more. :D

Sunshine is probably one of the truely forgotten and lost films of our time. Heartwrenching end, huh?

I literally got into a physical arguement with my sister over The Core. She is a geologist, therefore, was ridiculing the movie. I thought it was horrible and made that fact known. I also said Hillary Swank was the female version of Keanu Reeves and therefore a talentless bum. She then threw me into a headlock until I renounced my words. It's cool though, I am such a pacifist, I got beat up by Quakers. :D

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Sunshine is probably one of the truely forgotten and lost films of our time. Heartwrenching end, huh?

I literally got into a physical arguement with my sister over The Core. She is a geologist, therefore, was ridiculing the movie. I thought it was horrible and made that fact known. I also said Hillary Swank was the female version of Keanu Reeves and therefore a talentless bum. She then threw me into a headlock until I renounced my words. It's cool though, I am such a pacifist, I got beat up by Quakers. :D

Most movie people I know really enjoy Sunshine. I watched it about three times in a row just to gather all of it in. It was almost as good as Alien for reproducing the loneliness and emptiness of space. Combine that with the desperation of saving your world (and more importantly your family) at the expense of your own life and it really is a gem of a film.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Worst ever? Rollerball has to be in the running along with Apollo 18
    Best? Wow, that's hard. Moon hasn't been mentioned and it's pretty good, but Blade Runner has to take the statue home.
    I did a presentation in my history of crime class about Blade Runner.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Worst ever? Rollerball has to be in the running along with Apollo 18
    Best? Wow, that's hard. Moon hasn't been mentioned and it's pretty good, but Blade Runner has to take the statue home.
    I did a presentation in my history of crime class about Blade Runner.

Moon was decent but it seemed like a rip-off of too many space movies that came before it to be a truly excellent piece of Sci Fi history.

Ever see Outlander with Sean Connery?

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I might give it a chance. I go into those movies already prejudiced though because I am HUGE Heinlein fan..

Not that you could tell..
    down_arrow_inv-2-1.jpg

Don't, for the love of God, don't. The only way anyone could ever like a Starship Trooper movie is if they've never read Heinlein. Sorry, I know this sounds rude, TF, but Heinlein isn't even noticeable in the movie and I don't mean that in a snobbish intellectual sense.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Don't, for the love of God, don't. The only way anyone could ever like a Starship Trooper movie is if they've never read Heinlein. Sorry, I know this sounds rude, TF, but Heinlein isn't even noticeable in the movie and I don't mean that in a snobbish intellectual sense.
    Truer words were never spoken...

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN

Also, to illustrate my point, I will gladly pay for you to have a copy of Starship Troopers sent to your house or address of your choice on my dime. If you like to read and haven't read it, you must read it.

Or meet up with me at any INGO event and I'll give you a copy. :twocents:

Davegrave

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 16, 2011
    Hammond, IN
    I am STUNNED that no one has, in four pages, said Dark City!

I loved Dark City, I consider it one of the greatest movies of all time, not just amongst sci-fi. It was the first thing to pop in my head when I read this.

Other greats Robocop, The Fly (Goldblum), Jurrassic Park (that's gotta count!).

Worst...god, way to many to ever list or try to pick. Other than horror, sci-fi is the most common genre to be made bad ON PURPOSE. So to pick a worst is futile.

Independence Day could have been a great but I thought Will Smith and Randy Quaids over the top/humorous roles killed it.

And Weakerbrother...I'll take you up on that offer if you're serious and pass it on to someone else.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Solaris with George Clooney (not the Soviet 'original' by Tarkovsky) was pretty mind-bending and eerie. Not saying Clooney is a fine actor...

Aliens a classic shoot-'em up, not just another bug hunt.

How about Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster for a stinker. A sci-fi movie with a green message.:rolleyes:

Mike.B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Grant County
    Worst - Killer clowns from outer space
    The bad thing is I love to watch it, just to mock how horrible it truly is.

Best - Dark City
    I like the story and the time frame used to tell the story is a perfect fit.

I am STUNNED that no one has, in four pages, said Dark City!
    For the record I only got two pages into reading before I posted. Then I see your post just a few up.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Solaris with George Clooney (not the Soviet 'original' by Tarkovsky) was pretty mind-bending and eerie. Not saying Clooney is a fine actor...

Aliens a classic shoot-'em up, not just another bug hunt.

How about Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster for a stinker. A sci-fi movie with a green message.:rolleyes:

The newer version of The Day The Earth Stood Still?

:D

Top Bottom