3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    wow..didn't realize so many ppl here know my dad....but last time i talked to him...his bunker in Korea had the American flag flying over it....as long as it was..he knew he was still free...or alive...so to quote my dad yet agian...he fought...and killed to keep that flag flying over his bunker...but hey..if he tells ya guys diffrent..let me know..:patriot:

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    No Buffalo, because I live in the REAL WORLD. Your dad didn't kill a lot of people for a flag. He killed a lot of people for the United States of America. That flag is a symbol.

Symbol: 2 : something that stands for or suggests something else by reason of relationship, association, convention, or accidental resemblance; especially : a visible sign of something invisible <the lion is a symbol of courage>

Burning the American flag doesn't cause any REAL WORLD harm to anyone, unless the fire spreads and catches them on fire. I'm not talking about emotional hurt, I'm talking about actually hurting someone. Calling people stupid may also cause emotional hurt, but our government isn't allowed to abridge our freedom of speech, because we aren't supposed to be a nation of babies.

As I've said before, I have no desire to burn the American flag, but if I freely choose to do so, and you attempt to hurt me, I'm going to defend myself thanks to another one of our freedoms, the right to keep and bear arms.
    ok..let me say this slower...if you burn an american flag in front of my dad..he will...real world hurt you!!...so yes..burning a flag..not always..but can cause real pain...anyone wanting to test this theory...let me know..dad is getting bored..:D

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    ok..let me say this slower...if you burn an american flag in front of my dad..he will...real world hurt you!!...so yes..burning a flag..not always..but can cause real pain...anyone wanting to test this theory...let me know..dad is getting bored..:D

some people have no pride and dont understand what you are talking about.

History is something they heard about in 8th grade.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    First, let me say that I would never burn our flag, unless in a solemn ceremony after it had otherwise been somehow desecrated, in accordance with proper etiquette.

That said, nobody ever died for that flag, no matter what people may say. They died for what that flag represents. They died for my right to BURN that flag if I see fit.

What if you saw someone in North Korea burning the North Korean flag, and a soldier walked up and executed him for it? What if it was Iran?

I flat guarantee everyone here would view that as a symbol of oppression, call it a horrible wrong, and condemn those governments all month long. There would probably be 50 different threads condemning them right here on INGO alone.

Now, after all that, if someone burned our flag and got a mudhole stomped in his a** for his efforts by some angry veterans, I would definitely vote to acquit if I was on the jury.

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I won't complain to anybody about flag burning.

So flag burners better not complain to anybody when I see them and what would happen after that.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    To a servicemember, who fought/fights to protect this country to still fly our Flag, it means a lot more than a cloth or politics. I guess some people will never understand that.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    The people that say it's ok to burn the flag have probably never served their country under that flag. Yes the flag is a symbol of this country and what we stand for. By burning said flag you are disgracing this country and those that have fought to protect the country and the flag. Non military people will never understand the pride and emotion that those of us that have served feel when we see the flag flying. I don't care if I go to jail, you burn the flag in front of me I'm going to do everything I can to hurt you. It amazes me that those that have done the least for the country expect the most. Try earning it sometime. Somebody paid for your freedom.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    The people that say it's ok to burn the flag have probably never served their country under that flag. Yes the flag is a symbol of this country and what we stand for. By burning said flag you are disgracing this country and those that have fought to protect the country and the flag. Non military people will never understand the pride and emotion that those of us that have served feel when we see the flag flying. I don't care if I go to jail you burn the flag in front of me I'm going to do everything I can to hurt you. It amazes me that have done the least for the country expect the most. Try earning it sometime. Somebody paid for your freedom.

Like I said above. I would vote to acquit the angry veterans, or anybody else, that stomps a mudhole in the flag burner's a** if it got that far.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North

Buffalo, if I were to burn a flag and your dad were to assault me, the burning flag wouldn't have caused the "real world hurt", your dad's fist or whatever else he used would have. My point still stands, burning a flag can't cause real world pain. This situation though, unlike everything else I've been talking about is not a real world situation, because I don't have a flag burning scheduled in any time soon. So your dad and I are A OK.

some people have no pride and dont understand what you are talking about.

History is something they heard about in 8th grade.

I perfectly understand what he is talking about. Him and I just have two different opinions about the Federal flag. History is something I learned in 8th grade, yes, college too. What is history to you? What does burning the current 50 stars flag have to do with history?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    What does burning the current 50 stars flag have to do with history?

The Stars and Stripes are not about the last 5 years. They are about our Country from the beginning to present.

I can not stand for disrespectful people, you will get 100% of my attention instantly when I see that.

To me you guys that say its ok to burn the flag of the United States are just as disrespectful as the flag burners.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    The people that say it's ok to burn the flag have probably never served their country under that flag. Yes the flag is a symbol of this country and what we stand for. By burning said flag you are disgracing this country and those that have fought to protect the country and the flag. Non military people will never understand the pride and emotion that those of us that have served feel when we see the flag flying. I don't care if I go to jail, you burn the flag in front of me I'm going to do everything I can to hurt you. It amazes me that those that have done the least for the country expect the most. Try earning it sometime. Somebody paid for your freedom.

After reading several posts today from our military members here, I think it is safe to say that military service is a lot like a religion to the people in the military. I'm not saying this as a slam or as a compliment, simply as an observation. You guys take orders without questioning them and you get upset when your holy relic (the flag, in this case) gets defaced. The only problem with religion is that some people take it too far. There are fanatics in every religion, and the US military religion certainly isn't exempt from having fanatics.

When you "do everything you can to hurt someone" who burned our flag, you're a fanatic, and probably, like most religious fanatics, a criminal. Because, you can not assault someone for exercising their freedom of speech. The last military thread I was involved in made me realize something else. Most people who join the military don't mind giving up their rights to protect the United States of America. I do. And once you're back in the United States and your service is over, you have your rights back. You can't go around treading on people who exercise their American rights. If you do, then you're a tyrant.

I probably won't ever understand the pride and emotion you guys feel when you see the flag flying or burning. I also don't understand why people are killed over images of Muhammad. Or why Christians hold up "You're going to hell!" signs at homosexual's funerals. I'm not a part of any organized religion, so no, I admit that I don't fully understand where you're coming from, but I'm also thankful that I don't.

There is one thing I know though, I'm on INGO because I own firearms and I like to talk about them. I carry them for self defense and if any member of any religion attacks me because he is a little off balance...:draw:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    The Stars and Stripes are not about the last 5 years. They are about our Country from the beginning to present.

I can not stand for disrespectful people, you will get 100% of my attention instantly when I see that.

To me you guys that say its ok to burn the flag of the United States are just as disrespectful as the flag burners.

And to me, you guys telling me what I can and can not do on my own property with my own property are about as American as King George III.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    And to me, you guys telling me what I can and can not do on my own property with my own property are about as American as King George III.

I didnt tell you you could not do it. Just that I found it disrespectful to the men and women who made this country what it is.

You can dress up in your moms panties and go eat dinner at your dads table, I dont care. But, its disrespectful too.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I didnt tell you you could not do it. Just that I found it disrespectful to the men and women who made this country what it is.

You can dress up in your moms panties and go eat dinner at your dads table, I dont care. But, its disrespectful too.

I don't know what we're disagreeing about then. I also find it disrespectful to burn the American flag. I think swearing around little kids or older people is also disrespectful. Farting in an elavator...there are many things that are disrespectful, but none of them should be illegal...except maybe farting in an elevator. ;)

Top Bottom