• pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    IMG_20110611_203501.jpg

snagged some bass with my son this evening at the pond at meadowlark park

Nice! I didn't even think of fishing there. Is it usually crowded?

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Hit Mill Race Park in Columbus again this morning, hardly a nibble. Think the rain last week and cool/overcast morning had things off. Water was a bit murkier than normal, once the sun came out I started to get some nibbles, but ahd other things to do so had to go before it really warmed up any.

Might be out again tomorrow, lol. The weather was nice...

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Sig Shooter, LOW carries a Bremen IN address. It is near Plymouth and Lapaz, one of IDNR's Walleye stocking management lakes. You'll have fun if you fish it, theres always a slew of fish 1/8 to 1/2" shy of the legal 14" size limit for some fun catch and release action and you'll take home dinner most trips.
    Look me up if you want to go, I've got room in the boat most days.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Nice fish looks like a nice Muskie. Where is Bass lake located ? I need to find some new lakes to fish

Yeah it's a muskie. They are stocked out there. Bass Lake is located in the Greene-Sullivan Dugger Unit. Head west out of Dugger on highway 54 and turn left on CR450. The next road up is CR 350 but it is closed due to the road collapsing caused by the flooding. There are 13 other lakes out there as well and they are all electric only.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Been a great year for bass down here in southwest Indiana. Caught a few nice ones, limited out several times and had some good eatin:D Here's a few of the highlights.

001.jpg

005.jpg

008.jpg

002.jpg

006.jpg

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    Well, my buddy took me out to a private pit in the Sullivan County vicinity, and we each caught between 25-30 bass. 70 degrees out, overcast, just enough breeze to put a ripple on the water, and a storm brewing (that never hit us) just a light sprinkle... but the bass were biting :rockwoot: . I caught all of mine on a "senko" type lure.. watermelon red flake, black and blue, and black and gold all were deadly for me.

If I can figure out how to post a pic, ill add one of the largest bass I caught.

**not smart enough to upload a photo lol, so theyre in an album in my profile. The two pics of today, i'm in a blue shirt with a BPS camo hat**

-dcary7

Last edited:

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    My bass club had a tournament yesterday at Nyona Lake up by Peru. It was a decent day fishing but not spectacular. Take off was at 6. I had 2 keepers by 6:30. I broke one off and swung and missed on a few more. My boater got one about 7:45. Then it quit. I missed a couple more, we each cought a short then moved back to where we caught fish in the morning. Why we left there to begin with I'm still not sure. Don't leave fish to find fish. When we got back to the morning spot, Boater got a nice one 3.08 lbs. I picked up a 3rd at 1:30. My last cast I threw a Money Hound in the mat and had a blowup. I threw back in to it and nothing. That was the last cast. I was 4th with 4.44 lbs. Boater was 3rd with 4.46. bastard. Winner had 4 fish with 5.46, and 2nd had 4 with 5.43. I think if we had stayed on the spot one of us could have won. But it wasn't my boat. Weather was great. 80 sunny and light wind all day. All of our fish were caught on Senkos.

sam1028

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Martinsville Indiana
    I see that there are some fishermen here. I do the fishing reports weekly for a radio station, and then add them on my own website. I'll be happy to share them here if that's alright.

Indiana Fishing Report 6/24/2011

Anglers are not doing so good this week. With the heavy rains we have had most lakes are high and muddy. Lots of debris floating in the lakes makes for difficult boating. Anglers do report a good bite just before storm fronts move in.

Farm Ponds: Farm pond fishing has been slowed with recent rains, how-ever some nice bluegill being caught tight-lining in 15 to 20 feet deep water on red worms, crickets, and night crawlers. Small bluegill are on beds. Bass are hitting on lots of different baits. Buzz baits early. Plastics later in the day. Top-waters and plastics at night. Crappie have moved to deep water. Some nice channel catfish being taken on cut bait, shad guts, and night crawlers.

Minnehaha fishing report: Bass have moved deep. Some of the females are suspending around 18 to 22 feet deep.

Ohio River fishing report: Channel catfish are on the bite. Try chicken livers, shrimp, or night crawlers fished on the bottom. Frozen skip jack are the choice for blue cat fishing. A few big blues being taken from deep holes. Water is high and muddy. Stripers have shut down.

Driftwood State Fishing Area: The night bite is on !! Lots and lots of dink bass being caught. Bigger fish are deeper and around structure. A few crappie being taken on outside weed lines. Keep moving around until you find them. Bluegill have spawned, and another wave of bluegill have moved into beds. Bass are off the beds and moving deep. Females are suspending in 12 to 20 feet deep water. Fly fishing anglers are having a blast ! Carp fishing is fair using wheatie balls and sweet corn, and a few channel catfish being caught on night crawlers and Gulp worms.

White River fishing report: Catfish are spawning. Several channel catfish being caught. Smallmouth bass fishing slowed, but a few good ones still being caught from Noblesville to Spencer although currents are strong. I did hear of one really nice flathead being caught on live bait. This was before the last weather front came through so conditions may of changed.

Morse Reservoir fishing report: Morse is a mess. I've never seen so much debris on it before. It was high and muddy, and there were a couple of large trees, not logs, but trees floating throughout the main lake. Channel catfish were on the bite.

Cagles Mill Lake, (Lieber SRA), Cataract Lake fishing report: FLOODING UPDATE: Due to recent heavy rains, all boat ramps at Lieber SRA (Cagles Mill Lake) are currently CLOSED. Please contact Lieber SRA for more specific information. Thank you.

Brookville reservoir fishing report: A few walleye being caught. The bite is slow. Anglers drift fishing the flats are picking up the walleye on night crawlers and leech's. The upper part of the lake is very muddy.

Patoka Lake Fishing Report: Bluegill are hitting at, and around docks. Small spinners and worms below bobbers. Storm Damage NOTE 6/21: All boat ramps, the beach and campgrounds are now OPEN. The ADA fishing pier at Osborn Ramp and the main hiking trail remain CLOSED at this time. Also, on June 27th and 28th, 2011, the South Lick Fork Ramp will be closed to replace a culvert under the entrance road. Please check back for updates, or contact the property directly for more specific questions. Thank you for your patience

Monroe Lake Fishing Report: Lots of debris in the water. High and muddy water conditions. No reports.

Good Fishing Everyone. Please make sure to wear those life jackets.

sam
    www.indianainfo.net/

DThurston

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Shelby County
    I'm not able to upload pics for some reason, but here's a shot of my 7 year old's first fish ever. He actually hooked and retrieved it himself. Considering that I've only been fishing for 2 weeks, mostly with him, I'm pretty pleased with his first catch. :rockwoot:

Caught at one of the lakes at Atterbury this past Sat (June 25). Nearly nothing was doing anything more than cleaning the worms off the hooks, so this was a good one.

Hoping to at least bag a bunch more bluegill later this week.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/2o9-VmfOUm14KbMebLK28qoWglQyKJrqSD-iNKhP66A?feat=directlink

The best part was how pumped he was for a good while afterward, including being totally stoked to eat it. I only got a tiny taste and it was good.

Just wishing I had better skills/gear and a small boat to get out where the fish are.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom