• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    It's time to restring my crappie/blue gill pole... Always just bought/used what ever 4lb line was on sale..... Anybody have any preferences or input?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Just make sure its new stock. The light line seems to break a lot easier when its old.

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I like Sufix. It seems to be pretty tough and doesn't curl like a lot of other lines do after being on the reel for a little while.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    It's time to restring my crappie/blue gill pole... Always just bought/used what ever 4lb line was on sale..... Anybody have any preferences or input?

More important than the brand or price of your line is to be sure you are using a good knot. I highly recomend a palomar knot.

If you lose a fish or lure and the end of the line is curly, the knot failed.

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    when it comes to light line Im not to picky..I've used trilene XL in 4-6# for years and have never had an issue with it..just replace it when need be. your biggest concern should be your knot,when I'm using small jigs I like to tie a modified trilene knot that leaves a loose loop around the eye..itll give the lure more movement and I've never had that knot pulled out. my favorite all around knot is the palomar knot..easy and fast to tie and will hold better than all the other knots out there.

Top Bottom