• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    You tube has an easy knot for fluorocarbon or braid to monofilament. Quick and easy. Just practice tying it and it works. What I’ve been using for sometime.
    Yes, I'm getting the hang of it. One guy said to practice with thicker 50 lb. test. Probably a good idea. I struggled at first with 10 lb. braid to 8 lb. fluorocarbon.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Yes, I'm getting the hang of it. One guy said to practice with thicker 50 lb. test. Probably a good idea. I struggled at first with 10 lb. braid to 8 lb. fluorocarbon.
    What knot are you using?

I like the Albright knot. Simple and easy to tie when you're out fishing.
    I don't use flouro, but I think it would work fine

canebreaker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2020
    Horn Lake
    Met youngest son and family at Bay Springs lake in northeast MS for a weekend camping trip. Rain moved in Saturday, after the rain we fished a pier we've never fished before. I had 4 light tackle rods and they didn't pack any. Shakespeare trigger spin with 4# line on a 14 ft rod. A 3/8 oz sinker got the bait out about 80 feet. Caught 6 eating size catfish, gave them to the family camped at the site in front of the pier.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    My childhood friend and I were fishing the Kokomo Reservoir last week. We were just flipping artificial lures and he had a couple drum he hooked. They fight pretty good for trash fish. We were amazed that a vegetarian type fish were interested in our minnow looking lures.
    View attachment 208466
    Drum will absolutely hit crank baits...I have caught more than I can count that way.

They are called freshwater lobster...never tried them but have been told by many that are tasty.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    My childhood friend and I were fishing the Kokomo Reservoir last week. We were just flipping artificial lures and he had a couple drum he hooked. They fight pretty good for trash fish. We were amazed that a vegetarian type fish were interested in our minnow looking lures.
    View attachment 208466
    HOLLY CRAP!@

I jest realized you had a Dances eel tied on one of your rods!

I want to see your tackle box! If "fishing" class lures are 30+ years old....I want to see the ones you think are to old to fish with...LOL

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Drum will absolutely hit crank baits...I have caught more than I can count that way.

They are called freshwater lobster...never tried them but have been told by many that are tasty.
    You could mix drum fillets in with panfish and many people wouldn't know the difference, fewer still would complain. They have a few extra bones to deal with and don't yield a lot of meat relative to their size but they taste fine. To me they're better than their saltwater cousins everyone seems to think are great eating. I've never heard them called Freshwater lobster, that is a big stretch.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Got back yesterday from two mornings walleye fishing on Lake Erie. 6 of us, got our limit both mornings but no huge fish. Bite was good at sunrise for a while then tapered off and had to work for them. Several really nice ones but majority in the 16-20” range…good eating size. We were just on the tail end of some great fishing, missed best by couple days. Our captain ( friend that charters ) was leaving dock at 5:30, fishing about 6. Limit reached for 6 clients on board and heading in by 7:30.

C2944C3E-168B-433A-B2E0-B7571FCBA697.jpeg
    Tuesday mornings limit. Were slightly larger on average Wednesday.

As usual caught a lot of sheep-head, most bigger than I have ever seen. Also had never caught a catfish there before but we caught a bunch and several were monsters, took 5 minutes plus to get them in.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Got back yesterday from two mornings walleye fishing on Lake Erie. 6 of us, got our limit both mornings but no huge fish. Bite was good at sunrise for a while then tapered off and had to work for them. Several really nice ones but majority in the 16-20” range…good eating size. We were just on the tail end of some great fishing, missed best by couple days. Our captain ( friend that charters ) was leaving dock at 5:30, fishing about 6. Limit reached for 6 clients on board and heading in by 7:30.

View attachment 212935
    Tuesday mornings limit. Were slightly larger on average Wednesday.

As usual caught a lot of sheep-head, most bigger than I have ever seen. Also had never caught a catfish there before but we caught a bunch and several were monsters, took 5 minutes plus to get them in.
    SH are a blast to catch. And its obvious when you get one. They dive STRAIGHT down. Used to catch them all the time on Pelee Island. So much fun.

Top Bottom