• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EM45HP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Indianapolis/Bloomington
    Got my LTCH in the mail yesterday, after 6 and a half weeks, and carried the rest of the day. First time ever carrying. Went to kinko's, subway, the bank in kroger, the gas station, and walmart. Carried on the hip, covered with a shirt. Printed really badly and muzzle was exposed momentarily many times. No hassles though, very good first experience.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Congrats! Thats how I carried the first time and I felt like i was getting the best of both worlds. Some people didn't notice it, so i felt like I was CCing. And a few people looked at it and one made mention, so i learned that OCing isn't as scary as I thought it would be. Now I do both!

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Congrats. I usually buy button down, plaid or dark colored, cotton shirts and wear a t shirt under to help conceal. One size larger shirt eliminates printing, and don't get in the habit of patting the holster to see if it's there! Retired copper can spot that a hundred yds away, or an active one too. Be safe.
    The OC (open carry) guys don't care if the local PD questions their carry, it is legal. My suggestion is do what you are comfortable with.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Congrats.
    Make sure you know where you can't carry. And as much of the law as possible.
    Even if you CC, someone will eventually notice.
    Always remain calm.

toddcraft33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Camby
    I don't think the a average person even notices when you carry. People I have known for years say that they didn't know I carried. I never leave the house without it. The one time you do will be the one time you need it.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Congrats.
    Make sure you know where you can't carry. And as much of the law as possible.
    Even if you CC, someone will eventually notice.
    Always remain calm.

Very good post. I think every responsible new handgun carrier should spend the time and effort to research this. There are some really good threads pinned on this forum that serve as a great place to start.

EM45HP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Indianapolis/Bloomington
    Thanks all! I joined here about a year and a half ago when I was 16 to learn as much as I could, and I will say this site is very good for that. One of my favorite sites, thanks to everyone who helps keep it going. I feel very comfortable carrying and with understanding the IC now. The only thing I hate is I won't be able to have it with me at the University next year.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    Congrats!! Keep on doing it, pretty soon it will be just like your cell phone. You won't leave home without it.

Lol. I've actually got to my car and realized I forgot my cell phone. Just said "Ah screw it". Cant forget my gun though. It's always the first thing I check for when I wake up, leave the house or whatever.

Top Bottom