• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Earlier this year my son at one of the INDY 1500 gunshows boughts a brand new AR lower, complete with folding stock for 200.00. Then walked about 50' an bought a complete Colt upper with M-16 bolt for 300.00....AR for 500.00 shoots perfect, but does have a heavy trigger pull. He took the lower back to last INDY 1500 an a guy that works on AR triggers worked it over for 25.00...guy said it was the hardest trigger pull he's ever worked on...20 min. later it was 100% better...think the lower was a DPMS.

SINK

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Hi,

What is the PW shoot 3? Also are there any gun shops in the indy area that just sell uppers or lowers like you guys have talked about at the indy 1500?

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    You can order almost all of your AR and have it shipped to your home except the receiver, if I am not mistaken that is the only ffl item.

chewylax8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    You can order almost all of your AR and have it shipped to your home except the receiver, if I am not mistaken that is the only ffl item.

Yes, this is true. The only piece that has to go through a FFL is the stripped lower since that's where the serial is located. You can have the complete upper receiver, LPK, buffer tube and all the rest shipped to your front door.

rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    dsa upper 275, bcm bcg with charging handle 160, see if you can find a lower for 200. about 635.. maybe even less or buy a double star(finish durability is questionable) 650. spikes & delton have some nice 1's for 700-800 range. just go with a m & p, hopefully on sale for 799, its a good quality platform, plus a warranty. id stay away from colt or bushsnatchers, way overpriced & overhiped. i dont really recommend olympic arms. dpms is good, their ap4's are nice.

Last edited:

Hexa-Tula

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Bluffton
    My first AR was an Oly K3B 16''. It's a great smooth shooting gun. You should be able to pick one up for around $800-$1000.

dljx3

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    It depends on how much you have to spend. You've had good options thrown at you just now for the $800 mark. Keep in mind it's your first. You will then suffer the black rifle syndrome and buddy trust me, it won't be your last

It won't be your last... How true.

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    If i was you, I would look into buying a Rock River, Armalite, Bushmaster, or Olympic Arms. None of these are top end, but all will be a good shooter.

Whatever that means....

What is top end? just curious
    I WAY disagree. That list covers the spectrum to me.

Armalite, Colt, = HIGH end and price
    Rock River, Stag Arms, CMMG, Spikes = good quality/mid price
    Bushmaster, Oly Arms, DPMS = Lower Quality

Don't hate on me. This is just my experience and that of observing friends with their "problem Rifles".

Top Bottom