• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The best part is when the criminals develop a jammer and simply jam the signal when the police officer carrying one approaches them. Oh, that's right, every piece of legislation that has ever been written requiring this type restriction has had a full exclusion for law enforcement and military because, you know, they have to have an absolutely reliable system. The jammers will only be used on the citizens they target with the black market dumb guns.

The sad part is once it hits the shelves and even claims to work many states will ban any other type handgun, for the children.

They can try. If Indiana did it they would have to arrest often until I ran out of handguns. I would expect others to do the same as well. Let them know you have them and tell em to come get em

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Don't some of the communist states already have legislation to the effect that once smart gun technology is available that's what you have to buy or something like that?

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    Don't some of the communist states already have legislation to the effect that once smart gun technology is available that's what you have to buy or something like that?

Yes, in late 2002, New Jersey passed legislation (that still stands) that states that 3 yrs. after "smart guns" are available to be on the shelves, the selling of all "dumb" guns (I think handguns only) would be illegal.

Smart gun technology could trigger New Jersey law - CNN.com

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Yes, in late 2002, New Jersey passed legislation (that still stands) that states that 3 yrs. after "smart guns" are available to be on the shelves, the selling of all "dumb" guns (I think handguns only) would be illegal.

Smart gun technology could trigger New Jersey law - CNN.com

Good post, NJ should have known. I've seen the "cup and saucer" grip but that was the first time I have seen the "saucer and elbow" grip from the link. Is this the newest high speed marketing stance from Magpul?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    You should watch the video. One guy's gripping the gun with his weak hand thumb over the back of his firing hand, great way to get slide bite, and the professor they're talking to is pointing the handgun at the reporter's crotch the whole time, with his finger on the trigger. These the are people working on firearm safety. :rolleyes:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You should watch the video. One guy's gripping the gun with his weak hand thumb over the back of his firing hand, great way to get slide bite, and the professor they're talking to is pointing the handgun at the reporter's crotch the whole time, with his finger on the trigger. These the are people working on firearm safety. :rolleyes:

Probably the same ones that keep arguing that guns should fall under the Consumer Product Safety Commission as well.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    So..... is it "on the market" if it cost twice as much?
    And is it "on the market" if you can only get a .22?

Twice? Try 3-6 times. The watch and gun combo run $1,800.00. That's about 5-6 times the cost of a comparable .22 pistol and 3.5x more than a Glock.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Make the cops carry them, especially the cops guarding the politicians. This nonsense will stop.

So, let me get this straight...they want me to own a ridiculously priced pistol that requires a 'radio-signal' communication from a watch that I have to take the time to 'set' before I can shoot my pistol in a self-defense (aks, I feared for my life so I drew my gun and fired!) and they think that's acceptable? What if my watch isn't working? What if another radio signal interferes and doesn't let my 'smart' gun fire? What if my batteries go dead and precisely the wrong time? What if the electronics on the gun fails? What if someone 'jams' my radio signal? Was that pistol in the video a .380...and what if I need something bigger? So many questions when one's dealing with stupidity! My 'dumb' gun is smarter than your 'smart' gun!

Yup...exactly...what Capt' Kirk said ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ! Lead by example or get out of the way!

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Damn libtards. If they had it their way you'd have to call 911, give them a serial number, and they'd remotely activate your gun so you could... wait, nevermind. You've been murdered already by an axe. Too late to shoot now.

That's why not all my weapons around the house are guns...sometimes silence is just as deadly...and the best approach!

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    So, let me get this straight...they want me to own a ridiculously priced pistol that requires a 'radio-signal' communication from a watch that I have to take the time to 'set' before I can shoot my pistol in a self-defense (aks, I feared for my life so I drew my gun and fired!) and they think that's acceptable? What if my watch isn't working? What if another radio signal interferes and doesn't let my 'smart' gun fire? What if my batteries go dead and precisely the wrong time? What if the electronics on the gun fails? What if someone 'jams' my radio signal? Was that pistol in the video a .380...and what if I need something bigger? So many questions when one's dealing with stupidity! My 'dumb' gun is smarter than your 'smart' gun!

Yup...exactly...what Capt' Kirk said ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ! Lead by example or get out of the way!

Actually the owner's manual says not to depend on this weapon for self-defense. Don't let that stop the politicians who think only guns like this should be sold though. =/

The iP1 pistol is intended for target shooting only and will not function if it is not within 10” of the referenced iW1 wristwatch and the PIN code entered, or it or the referenced
    iW1 wristwatch do not have sufficient battery power, or communication between them is
    blocked. It should not be relied upon for purposes of self-defense.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And since electronics, countermeasures, and countercountermeasures are constantly evolving, tomorrow someone will design a wristband for a criminal that samples for other peoples wristbands, and copies them. So no matter what gun you grab, the gun thinks you're the owner.

For every action
    there is a reaction.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Glad the public took a huge crap on that pistol. Let's hope the company that developed it goes under.

Top Bottom