• ...and so much more!
  • Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Just finished de-priming and wet tumbling a bunch of .45 acp (you never knew acp = aluminum cookie pan?? :): ) brass and now just waiting for them to dry. These are all large primer brass. Also have about 200 small primer brass ready to go. Not sure the exact count, but I'm guessing about 800 rounds all told, won't know for sure until there all loaded up.

Took a trip to Cabela's and picked up some more primers. Ordered some more 230 grain FMJ from Midway. Will load some of these up with Win 231, some with HS-6.

DSC00210_zps3kfpirip.jpg

Here's the progressive and single stage presses. Redding rezise, expander, and seater in the progressive, taper crimp in the single stage.

DSC00211_zpsl5piee0m.jpg

DSC00212_zpsd7kspblm.jpg

DSC00213_zpsultwv2fq.jpg

Last edited:

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I got 45 ACP and 45 LC loaded this winter to my liking(Tried multiple loads...found ones that felt OK to me and didn't lead the barrel)...never got to 357. I plan to do a little early summer reloading to get some 357's loaded up. Found one that kicks nice in my lever action for plinking. :D

Have fun!

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    throw those trays of brass in the oven (with out the towels)
    Sometimes water can still be in the primer flash hole after air drying.
    150 degrees for 30 minutes and you're GTG
    That's how I dry all my brass

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    throw those trays of brass in the oven (with out the towels)
    Sometimes water can still be in the primer flash hole after air drying.
    150 degrees for 30 minutes and you're GTG
    That's how I dry all my brass

I tried that before but min temp on my oven is 170. It darkened the brass just slightly. I have a fan running near the brass and it's already pretty dry. I'll give it a couple more days just for good measure.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I got 45 ACP and 45 LC loaded this winter to my liking(Tried multiple loads...found ones that felt OK to me and didn't lead the barrel)...never got to 357. I plan to do a little early summer reloading to get some 357's loaded up. Found one that kicks nice in my lever action for plinking. :D

Have fun!

I don't shoot 357 very often lately and don't have much brass to load but a buddy asked me to load some of his. So I will load his after I finish my 45 acp run.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Daughter and I loaded 500 rounds a day all winter for Cowboy shooting. I thought we had a year's worth done but now we are shooting all over and burning it fast. And now we have a black powder match coming up so we loaded 1000 rounds for that. I have never ran out of room to store ammo till this month. Now that it's warming up I need to cast 10,000 or so bullets for .38, .44, .45-
    70, .30-30, .30 Carbine, .45 Colt and .45ACP. Enough for a year or so as we hit these shoots.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    2 hours in the rotary tumbler and then 45 minutes in the food dehydrator at 135°. Less than 4 hours total from start to boxing up the dried brass.

GingerKid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2014
    NWI
    Slight hijack but I'm also in Munster and was wondering where you typically buy powder from these days. I used to get mine from cabelas but the only powders I've seen there in the last year or so are only good for magnum rifle rounds

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Yep, good time. Just her and I talking, sometimes not. Reloaders running. Luckily she likes my 80's metal bands! She learned a valuble lesson last night too. You MUST lube .45-70 cases! Oooops!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    OK, time for a little before and after:

Here's the pic of all the brass from the first post above, I guessed about 800 rounds:
    DSC00210_zps3kfpirip.jpg

Here's the after shot. My guess of 800 rounds was pretty close. Turned out to be a little over 800. My buddy had given me some of his brass to load, those are the rounds in the blue case below. Each case is 100 rounds. All told was nine 100 round boxes and 8 extras for a total of 908 rounds:

DSC00214_zpswlvi0l4a.jpg

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Slight hijack but I'm also in Munster and was wondering where you typically buy powder from these days. I used to get mine from cabelas but the only powders I've seen there in the last year or so are only good for magnum rifle rounds

I've been using powder I've had in my cabinet for several years, but have been looking for new supplies and it has been scarce lately on the store shelves. I found some Hodgdon HP-6 at the Crown Point Gun show a couple weekends ago which is good for 45 acp. Have you tried looking at online sources like Gunbroker, Widener's, MidwayUSA etc...?

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I've been using powder I've had in my cabinet for several years, but have been looking for new supplies and it has been scarce lately on the store shelves. I found some Hodgdon HP-6 at the Crown Point Gun show a couple weekends ago which is good for 45 acp. Have you tried looking at online sources like Gunbroker, Widener's, MidwayUSA etc...?

Powder has become more hit-and-miss than ever over the last few years, what with the hangover from the gun panic.
    I haven't seen a single source, either online or brick-and-mortar, for good old Unique for five years straight now.
    Not even Profire has it.
    Another pretty good source online is Powder Valley, Inc.

GingerKid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2014
    NWI
    I've been checking Midway and Powder Valley irregularly while I've slowly used up my powder reserves. Haven't seen anything I can use to load 9mm in stock though. I have started to see 5 pound lots of titegroup showing up on gunbroker for reasonable prices, might have to jump on one of those soon since I think all I have left is about a half pound of unique.

I didn't think to check the crown point show though, I've going there as much since it's always way too crowded and I rarely find good deals anymore. I'll check out the next one though, thanks for the tip

Top Bottom