• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    what the movie coming out has to do with the book?

I loved "World War Z" and it's apparent the young man who wrote it spent alot of time curled up with Studs Terkel's "The Good War" (even some of the stories sounded similiar, just replace Nazi's with Zombies and well...You get the idea.)

I am down to the last chapter and have watched the movie trailer 1/2 dozen times and can see no relation between the two whatsoever other than the name.

What a bummer. Maybe it just wouldn't transfer well to film but I would love to see a mini series or series based on the book. A vert fun read. Knocked it out in a day and a half.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It is an action movie starring Brad Pitt. Does it REALLY need a story line?

I'm on the fence about this one. It sounds cool, but I'm guessing it will under deliver.

So, the book is pretty good? I'll add it to my Kindle list.....

varadatt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Castleton
    While the book was an awesome read I am very hesitant about this movie. I doesn't look like ANY of the tension or foreboding of the book will come through. The slow relentless way the zombies attacked is what shapes the way the characters in the book dealt with them. The movie looks to have zombies flying everywhere.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Brad reads?

Book on tape? :D

Actually the first part pf the rumor wast hat Brad initiated production of this movie because he loved the book so much. At least that was the rumor.

I too will wait on the movie. On the other hand, I've seen several good movies that only vaguely resembled the book. Why they don't just give the movie a new title is beyond me unless they are tying into the popularity of the book for some free advertising.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Try reading "I, Robot". You'll wonder the same thing about that Will Smith pile of garbage.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Honestly i myself couldnt see a direct transition of this book to movie going to well. Why they didnt call the movie something different is beyond me, unless there is a reasonable % like the book which it didnt look like there would be from the trailers but who knows

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Honestly i myself couldnt see a direct transition of this book to movie going to well.

It would have had to have been a series, but with "The Walking Dead" out there and a real money maker, maybe the money folks didn't want to risk "over saturating the market."

I could see the book translating well into a five year series but that's just my opinion.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Man I'm going to have to go against the grain on this one, I hated the book. A never ending supply of dead end stories that never correlated to anything else going on. It was like here's Bob here's his story oh wait its getting good, meet Jin from China and repeat for X amount of chapters. Hopefully the movie will be good as I love this genre but the previews do show an amped up 28 Days Later style infected.

Beardown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Southern Indy
    I absolutely loved the book. Brings up a lot of great questions about how we fight all wars and the over confidence we often have going into wars against "lesser" enemies. I'm going to see the movie simply because I like the genre, but I'm going to go into it like it's just another crazy zombie movie.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I can think of very few movies based upon books that actually follow the book they were based upon.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind comes to mind, as well as the Dune Mini Series. Can't think of any others I have read and seen.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I can think of very few movies based upon books that actually follow the book they were based upon.

"The Frank and Jesse James Story" biography was written by Frank James daughter (or niece) and supposedly is considered one of the most accurate accounts of her father and Uncle's exploits. The film rights were purchased by Hollywood and the film was made (introducing the world to Henry Fonda) back in the 1930's.

At the premier of the film Frank's daughter was invited to attend and she was asked by the press whether the film was an accurate depiction of her famous family members. She looked at the reporter, smiled, and in that gracious Missouri drawl said, "Well...Yes..There were two brothers named Frank and Jesse James and they rode horses...The rest? Well not so much.":D

Last edited:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I absolutely loved the book. I think it portrays what an actual 'zombie apocalypse' as it may well play out (:D).

The trailers look nothing like the movie and I probably won't see it at the theater. It's be a rental.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    Supposedly the initial script followed the book very closely, and those who read it claimed it would be a "game changer," that it would rethink how we all thought about zombie movies. Then someone else got their hands on it...... Ill go see it, hopefully I can push the book out of my head for a few hours while doing so.

A movie that was good while being fairly different than the book: Jurassic Park

A movie that was horrible and nothing like the book: The Lost World (JP2)

Top Bottom