• ...and so much more!
  • kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    the barrel code is 6535448. so when was the barrel made

I'm not sure from those numbers. The barrel should have an actual date stamped on it. The dates on the pics that Flintlock posted are stamped like this:

The earlier barrel is stamped 3-S-A-8-43. The barrel date is 8-43, Aug 1943.

The later barrel is stamped 7 64. The barrel date is 7-64, Jul 1964.

The later barrel date is a bit harder to find because it's buried in among other numbers and proof marks. The barrel manufacturer is also stamped in the same location.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I'm not sure from those numbers. The barrel should have an actual date stamped on it. The dates on the pics that Flintlock posted are stamped like this:

The earlier barrel is stamped 3-S-A-8-43. The barrel date is 8-43, Aug 1943.

The later barrel is stamped 7 64. The barrel date is 7-64, Jul 1964.

The later barrel date is a bit harder to find because it's buried in among other numbers and proof marks. The barrel manufacturer is also stamped in the same location.

ill recheak it tomorow morning and get back to you. i am learning that these things are a blast to research

kedie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Southeast of disorder.
    ill recheak it tomorow morning and get back to you. i am learning that these things are a blast to research

Yes they are! I suggest becoming a member of the Garand Collectors Association. You'll get the GCA Journal which has an incredible amount of info on the M1, and your membership in GCA qualifies you to buy from the CMP.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If you say that you paid any less than $1000 for it I am going to be so JEALOUS and happy for you!! Sweet piece, similar colorations to one of mine. It's one of the CMP Specials with a '43 reciever. The other one is a Correct '52. If you haven't had a chance to hear that first enbloc eject then have everyone else on the line kneel in reverence as you squeeze the trigger on that 8th round. . . . .then step behind the line for a cigarette:bowdown:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    If you say that you paid any less than $1000 for it I am going to be so JEALOUS and happy for you!! Sweet piece, similar colorations to one of mine. It's one of the CMP Specials with a '43 reciever. The other one is a Correct '52. If you haven't had a chance to hear that first enbloc eject then have everyone else on the line kneel in reverence as you squeeze the trigger on that 8th round. . . . .then step behind the line for a cigarette:bowdown:

less than 1000 i love a good yard sale

my enbloc should be here in a few days thanks to whiskeytangofoxtrot. the bad thing is now im out of ammo for it. i tried to save a few rounds to hear the enbloc but i couldn't hold myself back. anyone know of some good deals right now?

Top Bottom