• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mx_chick_42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    Just picked up a FIE Derringer 38 special. anyone have any info on them or have/had one? i have heard info about bond and cobra but havent really found anything about FIE

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    F.I.E stands for "Firearms Import & Export". The company was based in Hialeah, FL and went OoB in about 1990. They were importers of various European makes including Franchi, Arminius and Tanfoglio and distributors for the "Titan" line of semiauto pistols.

Don't recall who manufactured their derringers, but they seemed to be a pretty straight-forward copy of the old Remington O/U pattern. I owned one very briefly back in the late '80's. The most positive thing I can say about it is that it was very inexpensive.

IMO, it's more directly comparable to the Davis stuff than to the Bond Arms or American Derringer products. IIWY, I wouldn't even contemplate using anything but low-range standard pressure loads in it. How it may hold up to moderate use with those is anyone's guess. The one I had started to get noticably 'loose' feeling after less than 150 rds, which was a big reason why I got rid of it.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I had one in the 80's...I shot it about 50 times with no problems. It's not a target pistol, so maybe the manufacturers figured they didn't have to make too good. If you have one for self defense....and that is all you have, I guess it would be better than nothing. As for me ....I would rather invest in a Hi Point.

mx_chick_42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    i did just get it as a pocket gun. one for when i cant wear my .40. it was cheap and i like the old style look it has. reminds me of the ladies in the old western movies and what they carried ib there guarders, lol. i also have a lil .32 but my b/f's dad needed something to carry

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I also had one years ago. The only problem I had was the firing pin on the second barrell would stick forward on firing. Had to push it back in to reload. Still wa a fun gun. NO +P!!!

tocayo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    FEI Derringer info

Hello,
    I have a .38 special FEI Derringer. I've had it for about 20 years. It
    has been a great gun until just recently. The firing pins are "soft" and need to be replaced. They don't hit the primer hard enough. Perhaps just a good cleaning....LOL

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Just picked up a FIE Derringer 38 special. anyone have any info on them or have/had one? i have heard info about bond and cobra but havent really found anything about FIE
    I see you have already been filled in about it, so I will go somewhere else. I have had the Bond Arms Derringer, loved it, but it was so heavy, not good for pocket carry. I have a Cobra, love it, just cant find a decent holster for it. The Cobra manufacturer has issues with its security, wont buy it from from them. I also have a F.I.E. semi-auto .25 that I bought in 1973. It still works fine, no fails at all.
    I have been looking for a F.I.E. derringer for a while, where did you find yours?

Top Bottom