FEELER: 'Open Carry Cigar Night' at Pit Stop Pine Island ~ early December?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Interest in an "OPEN CARRY" CIGAR NIGHT :

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Anyone in Northwest Indiana up for another Open Carry Cigar Night at the Pine Island Pit Stop smoke shop/cigar lounge? For those who don't know, the Pit Stop Pine Island store is located on US30 inside Pine Island Plaza on the east side of Schererville, IN.

If people are interested I'd be willing to host one during the FIRST WEEK of December probably either Wednesday Dec 7 or Thursday Dec 8. Probably run the event from 5pm to 9pm (closing time). There is no factory rep signed up for free cigars, but I'd be willing to put cigars on sale at 25% off for the night for INGO members.

What say you all? Its getting too cold outside count on good weather for outdoor shoots, switching to a social event indoors is starting to make more sense.

Picture6.png

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Sounds good... I shall attend'eth. Hopefully someone can teach me the ways of blowing and sucking... erm... let me rephrase that.

:)

Another drain on my wallet :D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Wow, lots of votes and the thread is still very new. Looks like Thursday is the overwhelming choice so far.

Thursday currently works better for me, but who knows what my schedule will look like in 6 weeks. No matter which way the vote goes it looks like there will probably be enough interest for me to put together the event. I'll probably get some pastry or a meat tray or something to snack on during the evening.

Sounds good... I shall attend'eth. Hopefully someone can teach me the ways of blowing and sucking...
    Careful with talk like that we may vote you off the island :):

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    If either day works then I'm guessing that The Walking Dead show on AMC is not scheduled to be broadcast on either of those nights :):

That and my off days are Wednesday and Thursday. But Wednesday I usually sleep and be lazy all day and night. Thursday is my party day, are you gonna have some Onyx at the pine island store? If not I could do a tabak especial, lol.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    wow, didn't realize the shop was that close to the college, i'm like a 2 minute drive from there. while i'm not a smoker, i wouldn't mind stopping by.

It does get smoky but there is no pressure to try a cigar. At prior Open Carry cigar nights I'd say roughly 20% have not smoked a cigar. This is really just a social event, but as the weather is making it harder for shooters to meet outside, its nice to still hang out and talk guns.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    What say you all, are we going to have an Open Carry Cigar Night on Thursday Dec 7 at the Pine Island store?

It looks like we have about a dozen people interested so far.

The 7th Wednesday and the 8th is Thursday so witch one is it. I hope it is thursday night. Wednesday my son has cub scouts.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I could probably talk darkkevin into going. I know I have a work holiday party on the 8th, but I can leave that whenever I want.
    How smoky does it get in there? I'm a non-smoker that wants an idea of what I'd be walking into.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I could probably talk darkkevin into going. I know I have a work holiday party on the 8th, but I can leave that whenever I want.
    How smoky does it get in there? I'm a non-smoker that wants an idea of what I'd be walking into.

Totally depends on the turnout. We've had 20 people SMOKING in there with standing room only smoking and its like walking into Los Angeles SMOG and we've had 20 people in there with standing room only but only a COUPLE SMOKING and its not a big deal.

Much of it is weather related too, we try to prop the door open from time to time during events, but if its really cold that won't work.

So I can't give you a good answer, almost none or a lot, depending on how many people choose to light up a cigar.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Totally depends on the turnout. We've had 20 people SMOKING in there with standing room only smoking and its like walking into Los Angeles SMOG and we've had 20 people in there with standing room only but only a COUPLE SMOKING and its not a big deal.

Much of it is weather related too, we try to prop the door open from time to time during events, but if its really cold that won't work.

So I can't give you a good answer, almost none or a lot, depending on how many people choose to light up a cigar.

Thanks! Hopefully I can twist darkkevin's arm enough to talk him into going. I look forward to meeting some of the fine INGO members.

Top Bottom