Feeler INMG @ Redbrush (Evansville, IN)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Set up / tear down / RO / Scorekeep / Boring hours of match score data entry stuff / Stage design / Equipment and supply preparation and maintenance / event planning and advertising and coordination - - - - all that above and beyond stuff comes to mind and sometimes it is all done by a very small group of folks. Your question is one that the local clubs would have to put some details around if there was interest in showing monetary or other appreciation for all the work.

Stage pasting and resetting etc is something you figure everyone in good health will just do without prompting or fuss.

Without fuss. Ha! I don't know how many times I have yelled PASTERS!!! to get people off their backsides.

I would be intersted to hear what Gary said about IMG after the proAM.

Thanks Jon,
    Parker

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    Those who come help Set up / tear down / RO / Scorekeep / Boring hours of match score data entry stuff / Stage design / Equipment and supply preparation and maintenance get their entry fee paid for. Hence why going from $25 to $40. Bit of an incentive......

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I'm not sure I agree with the rate hike, but I plan on lending a hand this next year... At least with the matches I can get time to help/shoot...

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Those who come help Set up / tear down / RO / Scorekeep / Boring hours of match score data entry stuff / Stage design / Equipment and supply preparation and maintenance get their entry fee paid for. Hence why going from $25 to $40. Bit of an incentive......

Bit of an incentive...........let's do some quick math.

$25 match fee plus $50 gas means it currently costs (me) $75 to shoot. Increasing the match fee to $40 means it now costs (me) $90.
    $0 match fee plus $50x2 trips means it now cost me $100 to help set up and shoot for free. I'm losing $10. No incentive there.
    Increasing the match fee to $50 bucks means I now break even to shoot free for helping set up. No incentive there.
    Increasing the match fee to $60 bucks means I now save $10 to help set up and shoot free. No incentive there.
    Increasing the match fee to $70 bucks means I now save $20 to help set up and shoot free. Some incentive there.
    Increasing the match fee to $75 bucks means I now save $25 to help set up and shoot free. Now I'm seriously considering it. BUT, nobody shows up to shoot because the match fees are too high and INMG dies when it's just beginning to blossom.

Things only get exponentially costlier for those that live farther and farther away. How much are you going to punish us because locals won't volunteer for setup?

You can call this "whining" if you want. I call it reality. And, I DIDN'T say that I wasn't going to pay the increased fee. I'll be there pasting and resetting targets and helping with teardown like usual.

Last edited:

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bit of an incentive...........let's do some quick math.

$25 match fee plus $50 gas means it currently costs (me) $75 to shoot. Increasing the match fee to $40 means it now costs (me) $90.
    $0 match fee plus $50x2 trips means it now cost me $100 to help set up and shoot for free. I'm losing $10. No incentive there.
    Increasing the match fee to $50 bucks means I now break even to shoot free for helping set up. No incentive there.
    Increasing the match fee to $60 bucks means I now save $10 to help set up and shoot free. No incentive there.
    Increasing the match fee to $70 bucks means I now save $20 to help set up and shoot free. Some incentive there.
    Increasing the match fee to $75 bucks means I now save $25 to help set up and shoot free. Now I'm seriously considering it. BUT, nobody shows up to shoot because the match fees are too high and INMG dies when it's just beginning to blossom.

Things only get exponentially costlier for those that live farther and farther away. How much are you going to punish us because locals won't volunteer for setup?

You can call this "whining" if you want. I call it reality. And, I DIDN'T say that I wasn't going to pay the increased fee. I'll be there pasting and resetting targets and helping with teardown like usual.
    If your one of the guys who live far away its a bummer. It would be nice if we could throw up a map around every range that hosts 3 gun and make the lazy pay double to shoot.
    I have seen Jon travel the extra mile, lots of them. He ran the Atlanta all of last year. I also saw him at the rained out match in FW a few weeks back out in the rain on the gator tearing down. By himself. Jon you should have waited till it quit but I understand you didnt get to much help to set up I think.
    I have helped out with setup for years at our club be it IDPA, USPSA or the last few years 3 gun depending on which sport I shoot. Earlier this season I drove 50 miles to help set up at Atlanta on a saturday afternoon to try and help. The pathetic part is there were only 3 other people, the MD and 2 brand new shooters who had never shot 3 gun before. Doesnt that say a lot for our shooters? I spent $35 on gas plus another $35 Sunday to go shoot. WooHoo I got to shoot for free. Do the math.
    Its been joked about just doing the INMG privately by invite to those who are involved so the dead wood wont slow us down and make the day even longer.
    I know guys who live close who wont help.

I get sick of the crys of being busy. I work 6-7 days a week. I average 3-4 days a MONTH that I dont work. Know what I do those days? Set up and shoot. Dont ***** your lawn needs mowed or you need to do whatever. So do the ones who make this happen so the rest can show up, unload, shoot, paste if they feel like it and then leave pretty much after they bag after the last stage.

Trust me it pisses me off. We usually get a decent turnout without badgering and threatening to end matches. We have one guy who considers himself "royalty" since he is a ranked shooter. Never EVER helps setup, never does anything. Not for the whole time 3 gun has been at our club.

As long as we have the core of quality guys and especially the MDs this will probably continue. BUT I done care if the fee goes up. Hope it does. There should be a list of regular set up crew who still shoot for reduced fee at the other INMG matches. If your a member of the far away ranges it would be nice to verify your a helper at YOUR club then you get a normal fee at our matches.
    Jon has the right idea. If your local and wont help we really dont need or want shooters like that.
    Sorry for the rant.

Top Bottom