• ...and so much more!
  • jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    That explains a LOT... :):

I'd much rather see the parents go after those manufacturers who make faulty beds and financially drive them out of business. .Gov should butt out.

Thanks, now what is your excuse... :dunno:

The Government is so entrenched between Lobbyist and Big Business that we probably never will see them let the economy back to a freer market type that would maintain and repair itself, possibly without Our interference...

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would be looking for the money trail on this one, somebody is going to be making and selling a lot of new cribs.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    HUH...

My Brother and I had one of these when we were little even with the Lead-based Paint option when we were kids...
    We made it to adolescence just fine...

My mom had an old crib when she was a baby in 1950. She ate some of the lead paint off of it and nearly died. At 50+ years old, she still had a scar on her wrist where they had to slice it open to find a vein to insert an IV because she was so dehydrated. If we had the legal system then that we do now, I could be extremely wealthy today!

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I heard about this on the news....32 infants,have died, because of these cribs.
    Accidents happen in the home all the time. So the democrats want to do away with these cribs, but they think abortion is fine. ...go figure.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have a 37-year-old drop-side with my 9-month-old in in right now. Of course, this one is a tank. My wife survived it (it was her crib - her parents kept it), so I think I'll be fine.

I'm just bummed I can't sell it in another year. I spent a lot of time refurbishing it!

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

By order of the king:
    the sale, manufacture, & resale
    of drop-side cribs is
    hereby outlawed!

Lest not ye be caught
    selling one of your old cribs,
    or the king's dutiful servants
    will come and teach you some
    respect for his majesty's laws.

nc_cpsccribrecall_070921.grid-6x2.jpg

Actually the Federal ban doesn't start until June 2011.

Some babies have apparently been killed from a malfunction in this style crib. While tragic, I think a ban is wrong, and parents should be able to make a free-market decision on their own, for or against. Some people have a genuine need for a drop-side crib.

According to the article, in the entire country, 32 babies have died in 10 years from it. Each year, 4,000,000 babies are born in the USA. In a decade, that is 40 Million babies. 3 deaths a year in this vast country is hardly an epidemic. But the Big Government fanatics want a Federal solution to every conceivable problem.

After dozens of deaths, drop-side cribs outlawed

Thanks to Pami for bringing this to my attention. I am outraged as well.

Wait, so you think people should not get vaccines because it may harm a small percentage, but you are all for using items that also may cause harm in a small percentage of cases? Makes sense.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Wait, so you think people should not get vaccines because it may harm a small percentage, but you are all for using items that also may cause harm in a small percentage of cases? Makes sense.
    I can be for & against products without using the Government to push my agenda. Maybe that's a foreign concept. I don't believe in bans on anything. I would never take another vaccine after everything I've seen, but I wouldn't ban them either. Your right to drug yourself up is fine by me, with whatever pharmaceutical or recreational drug you want. I will do what I can to inform people though. But I don't need a NANNY STATE to make my decisions for me.

I believe in having an informed marketplace, so that consumers can stop using bad products and fraudulent science on their own, no BIG GOVERNMENT bans necessary. They Feds didn't need to outlaw medical bloodletting, people just figured out that it was not making people healthier. However, bloodletting was a lot easier to go extinct, since it didn't represent a multi-billion dollar industry.

So if these cribs are so bad, then consumer advocates can expose their faults and the consumers can decide if they are still worth the risk. Personally I think any danger presented from drop-side cribs is from cheap Chinese made parts, bonehead product assembly, and unwatchful parents.

That's a far cry from injecting people with mercury and aluminum and telling them they will be healthier because of it.
    :wow:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I can be for & against products without using the Government to push my agenda. Maybe that's a foreign concept. I don't believe in bans on anything. I would never take another vaccine after everything I've seen, but I wouldn't ban them either. Your right to drug yourself up is fine by me, with whatever pharmaceutical or recreational drug you want. I will do what I can to inform people though. But I don't need a NANNY STATE to make my decisions for me.

I believe in having an informed marketplace, so that consumers can stop using bad products and fraudulent science on their own, no BIG GOVERNMENT bans necessary. They Feds didn't need to outlaw medical bloodletting, people just figured out that it was not making people healthier. However, bloodletting was a lot easier to go extinct, since it didn't represent a multi-billion dollar industry.

So if these cribs are so bad, then consumer advocates can expose their faults and the consumers can decide if they are still worth the risk. Personally I think any danger presented from drop-side cribs is from cheap Chinese made parts, bonehead product assembly, and unwatchful parents.

That's a far cry from injecting people with mercury and aluminum and telling them they will be healthier because of it.

So what about safety recalls on cars? Should the manufacturers be allowed to let things slide or should they have to fix unsafe things. Its really the same thing, if there are better designs out there whats the harm in taking potentially harmful ones off the market? Its not like they are going to go through your home and arrest you if you have one, you just may not be able to buy that style in the future.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Its not like they are going to go through your home and arrest you if you have one, you just may not be able to buy that style in the future.
    Just wait, it's on the "to-do" list along with telling us what our children can and cannot eat. After all, we CAN"T just leave it up to the parents to decide.
    Don't forget about the mercury filled light bulbs we now MUST use....

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    So what about safety recalls on cars? Should the manufacturers be allowed to let things slide or should they have to fix unsafe things.

Companies already do recalls without being told to. Under threat of being sued from thousands of customers, and letting company image be turned to crap, they do a recall on their own, without a ban.

Its really the same thing, if there are better designs out there whats the harm in taking potentially harmful ones off the market? Its not like they are going to go through your home and arrest you if you have one, you just may not be able to buy that style in the future.

What's the harm? Big Government. Fascism. Government Nannies. Restricted trade. Eliminating property rights. Criminalizing victimless behavior. Less consumer choice. More liberties taken away.

I have one of these cribs stored in my attic. Now the government says I will be breaking the law if I sell it. I'm being told what to do with my own property. I paid for it, but now I can't sell it. Money down the drain, investment lost. Freedom destroyed. :noway:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I didn't say anything false. Companies hire teams of actuaries to determine market-based feasibility of product recalls.

You see, the problem is the consumers who don't exercise personal responsibility in the market place. They don't want to be bothered by doing research on a company's history of customer service. They want a nanny to do it for them. These are the same people who believe that a business will never do the right thing because they care about their customers. They will only do the right thing when nannies babysit them.

Top Bottom