• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    The best loading data for the M1 specific 30-06 is available from the NRA. Look up highpower rifle competition on the NRA web site. They have all the data for commercial as well as military brass. Unlike the urban legion of military M-16 brass being thicker, the WWII developed 30-06 brass was MUCH thicker and required different loads. You could actually feel the weight difference picking it up with your hand.

I was just informed that information is now on the CMP website.

or, follow this link to the NRA information M1 load data (courtesy of NRA)

Good to know that someone besides me has gone to this site. When I got my 1st Garand, this is where I went to start my education on M1 loading.

Hillbilly

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Anderson
    I was just looking through some manuals the other day. I was pretty disappointed with the Lyman manual. It seemed to be more focused on hunting loads and less on target loads.
    Currently, I'm using Sierra and Berger bullets, so I have been sticking with their manuals lately. That's good for a specific bullet. Hodgdon's online resources are very good if you are looking at a specific powder in their family.
    There are lots of good options out there and it never hurts to have several references available to look at as needed.

Top Bottom