• ...and so much more!
  • Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Downham & Sons Shooters supply in Logansport. Just put my hands on a old early 1900's era Winchester lever action there this past weekend. Left it on the rack only because the holidays did damage to my wallet.

aporter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Same... wasn't particularly done wrong there myself, but never saw anything as far as product or service that made me keep them in the regular rotation.

M&J Firearms in Fortville has amazing service. I actually feel guilty for being in there so often and haven’t purchased anything. I believe Martin is the owners name. Great guy with a great sense of customer service.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Some really good mentions here. Bob at PSS has been my go-to store for ages, but it's a bit of a haul from my pad. I've only had one sort of mediocre experience there, but they were really busy one Saturday afternoon when the frenzy was in full force, so it was totally understandable, the guys behind the counter could barely keep up. Love the guys at M&J in Fortville too, really good cats. I've lately taken a shine to Hoosier Armory with their new location in N'ville. Really, really good folks, all of them, and Rick the owner is probably one of the softest spoken, kindest souls you'll ever meet. Their prices are not quite as good as PSS, but very fair IMO (especially if you consider time and gas $$ saved), and Rick's wife is a sweetheart of a lady as well.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    I like ZX & Wrigley Sales in Ft Wayne. Friendly Folks Reasonable Prices. I miss the Old Stores like Tillmans, my Dad took me there 60+ years ago. Smelled Hoppes as soon as you walked in the door.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    My favorite shop is McDonald's Guns in Marion. He always seems to have a mix of everything so you might find what you are looking for. I believe the owner is a Winchester collector so he might be able to point you in the right direction if he doesn't have what you want on hand.

True. Jeff is a collector and a good guy and has a wide variety of firearms and stuff in stock. I do see Winchesters and older Colts from time to time...but not often. He is (was?) highly involved in SASS and competed I know and knows his older Winchesters and Colts...definitely good to go to for repairs and original parts stuff.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    No knock on what and where you shop but I have removed these folks from my go to list. Personal reasons but enough to keep me from ever walking in there again.

Nothing personal against them, just the time I went in there some years back I was "greeted" by a growling dog, and the prices seemed too high for me.
    Have never been back.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    What would you consider a decent price for an SP1? I just picked one up from a friend of a friend for $675. Carry handle, 4x 20 round Colt Mags. 20” barrel.
    I need more better friends. That was a theft. Sp1s are currently in a slump price wise. Believe part of the reason is only one state allows pre ban sales. Looks like they still bring 1200 or so for 6 digit serial numbers. 4 digit Curio and relic SP1s bring considerably more. As in 3 to $4000 depending on how close to the magical sub 1000 serials.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    4 Seasons in Bloomington - stock varies a lot over time. Worth a look of you're nearby
    I was in that store this fall. I was on a SP1 Colt 5 digit serial number mission and was distracted. But, wow, the guy has got a lot of really nice things. It's not everyday you see 1903, 1903a3s and I believe he had a 1903a4 hanging on the wall. Small place, but lots to look at. I'm kind of hard to impress, but that place had me floored. Was pressed for time or I'd have spent a lot more time there.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I see some old Colts and Smiths now and then at Roby's in Kokomo.
    But they get a lot of traffic............they must be on the route of several collectors.
    Snooze and you will lose.
    Old Ithaca 20 ga sxs.........went back to get it next day..............gone :(

Top Bottom