• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Was remembering a couple of my stories getting speeding tickets. Laughing and remembering last night.

1st. Was driving along 465 in the left lane going way over the speed limit and late for work. A State Trouper pulls me over and says "alright Bud, let;'s see that license to fly". I pull out my pilots license and and him. He just stares at it for a few seconds, hands it back and says" thanks, you have a nice day" and leaves. Lol I thought it was going to leave him speechless for a while.

2nd. I'm driving along a state road taking my date home. She is getting a little frisky. So I put the speed control on 55mph and she then proceeds with some oral sex. While in the middle of this I look up and red lights in my rear view mirror. I pull over and the cop says his new radar unit got my at 79mph. I told him my cruise control was on 55mph. He basically called my a liar and wrote me a ticket. So my girlfriend and I plead not guilty and go to court. She stands in front of the judge and tells him that I always put the cruise control on 55mph when she is giving oral sex so he will not have an accident. The judge bust out laughing and slammed the gavel "charge dismissed". Then said you ought to keep her son. lol

What is your stories. Mine was all in the 70's

blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    I was about 19 and traveling south on I-37 in South Texas heading to the beach with my ex wife. When all of a sudden i see this red car coming up on me at a very high rate of speed. I was in a 86 Monte Carlo and thought to myself "i am not getting passed" so i punch it and doing about 90 or so when this car catches me. The car is some sort of Porsche and comes up even with me. In the driver seat is what had to be an 80 year old woman who laughed then pointed at me and then disappeared as she punched it and zoomed off. We just died laughing.

CtWest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    Here
    I got pulled over going 80 in a 45. Scared crap less before cop gets up to car. Cop comes up, asks me to get out of the car. So I did. He says stand in front of the car...at this point I'm thinking crap I'm going to jail. We walk to the front and he says..."so what's all done to this bad ass?" Hahaha I have a highly modified Dodge Srt-4. He was like I used to own one. Very fast cars. And after I told him and we talked cars a bit he walks away and pulls away. 3 mins later he pulls me over again. Walks up and says oh by the way slow down, have a nice night!

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I was riding in my buddy's 1970 Dodge Duster with a 440 in it we had built for drag racing. We get pulled over for 120 in a 45 zone after smoking a Mustang GT 5.0. No seatbelts, illegal fireworks (this was in Illinois where I lived), and an underage buddy passed out in the back seat from drinking too much.

Thank goodness the cop turned out to be a roommate of a friend of ours and basically told us to leave his town and never come back otherwise we would see some jailtime.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    I had a guy tell me that he was in a hurry to get to a gas station because he was running out of gas and didn't think he would make it. He was going 80 mph in a 50 zone. He did get a ticket...sorry.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    When my friends and I were younger and stupider, we went car sledding. Tie a sled to the back of a friend's car, and drive around abandoned parking lots, etc pulling someone behind you. We were doing this on a lightly traveled (but large) cul-de-sac one day, rounded a turn, and saw a crown vic pointed in the opposite direction. It flipped it's lights on for a moment, pulled up to my buddy's window, rolled down his car window and motioned for my buddy Andy (who was driving) to do the same. I'll never forget their conversation:

Officer: "Do I see what I think I'm seeing?"
    Andy: "I sure hope not!"

At which point the officer just got a bit of a confused look on his face, rolled up the window, and drove away without another word. We all swore Andy had somehow managed to pull the jedi mind trick on him.

Last edited:

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    I was riding in my buddy's 1970 Dodge Duster with a 440 in it we had built for drag racing. We get pulled over for 120 in a 45 zone after smoking a Mustang GT 5.0. No seatbelts, illegal fireworks (this was in Illinois where I lived), and an underage buddy passed out in the back seat from drinking too much.

Thank goodness the cop turned out to be a roommate of a friend of ours and basically told us to leave his town and never come back otherwise we would see some jailtime.
    Dodge made the Demon Plymouth made the Duster.Wish they were still easy to find.:rolleyes:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Not a speeding story, but funny LEO encounter. Back when I was between wives, and living by myself, I used to walk to a bar that was a few blocks down the road. One late night/early morning, I was walking home, not tore up drunk, but feeling no pain, and it was sleeting and snowing really bad, about half way home, a town cop pulls up beside me, and was one of the few I didn't know. He asks me where I was heading at that time of night, and I told him I was heading home. He says "you been drinking"? To which I answer "hell yeah, if I wasn't drunk, I'd be driving, it's freezing out here"! The guy busted out laughing and goes "get in". He drove me home, told me to have a nice night, and said thanks for leaving the truck at home.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    I came back from band day at the state fair one time on I-70 doing about 100 mph the whole way so that my buddy's girlfriend could get home on time and she would not be grounded for weeks.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    1st is not a speeding ticket but hilarious poetic justice:

In '99 I had a new triple black Mustang Cobra Convertible with CHV KLR as the license plate. Lynch Rd in Evansville was relatively new and I'm sitting at the light at Oak Grove when a new yellow 'Vet pulls up next to me. The guy driving was about 65 with a really bad dark brown toupee and gold chains (no lie!).

He must have seen the plate because he revved his LT-Something and flipped me off. The light goes yellow for the crossing traffic and I count two seconds, rev and dump the clutch and get a jump on him. It's a 55 mph limit and I go through the first 3 gears to 110 then clamp down on the brakes. He flies past me at about 130 and keeps accelerating! 1/4 mile ahead is a city boy going the opposite direction and the lights go on. I turned around at Burkhardt and go back to see my handy work and the LEO was putting cuffs on him.

2nd was was nothing but charity on a State Boy's part:

I'm headed home from work on my new '06 Goldwing. A four car line was in front of me doing of all things? THE SPEED LIMIT !!

I down shift the 110 HP flat six and am doing 95 in a flash. The second from front car was a dark blue Crown Vic.

Around one corner and in the straight away I get lit up and clamp down and pull over. It was an officer and trainee. I'm thinking my license is gone!! The senior officer asked for my info and my .380 is the paperweight for my registration in my locked compartment so I inform about it and he takes it and my paperwork back to the car.

After what seemed to be an eternity they come back and hand me an unloaded .380, my paperwork and a ticket for 65 in a 55. Top Dog says "nice bike" and "Thanks for being a good guy" smacks me on the back and say "Have a nice day"!

I about freaking fainted. :wow:

The really fun happening that didn't involve any LEO was returning to Southern Indiana from my sister's home in Tampa in the Cobra. It's normally a 14 hour trip. I left Tampa at 4:00 PM Christmas day '99 and drove home in 11 hours! THAT was fun !!

Last edited:

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Not really my "favorite", but funny...kinda. I had just turned 16 (still looked 12) and received my license. I was driving my 1989 firebird formula down US40. I pulled next to a good friend who was driving his grandfather's 197x Lincoln continental (20ft boat). At the light, he starts spouting about racing and as the light turns green, he floors it. He takes off through the light squealing his tires and speeding. Because he is literally burning the tires off the wheels, I stay nearly right next to him while I accelerate normally. Well, the officer behind me thought I was the one racing like an idiot. I got pulled over before I crossed the light. As soon as the officer approached the car, he opened my door and yanked me out my the neck. I grabbed his hand and we both fell to the ground. I didn't try to fight him, but I wasn't going to be treated like a piece of trash. He cuffs me, and gives me a 20min lecture about the dangers of racing on his street. I tried to explain the situation, but he didn't want to hear any of it. I was given a ticket for speeding (I wasn't even across the intersection yet) and told "he better not even see me again". That was my first encounter with any type of police officer. My friend still gives me hell about that whole ordeal.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    Had a 72 Mach 1 that my brother and I built the motor to the hilt on. After breaking everything in we took it out to a straight road that had no houses on it. Opened it up and got to 105 when we passed a fire break and, yep county mounty sittin there. He pulls out and hits the lights. I stand on the brakes and try to pull into a turn around and go into a spin. Keep it under control and wind up facing the other direction heading the other way. Cop comes up and slides through the turn around and into a ditch. He gets out swearing and screaming and we pull off, head home and park it in the garage for 2 weeks. In the mood he was in there was just no way we were gonna stop. It wasn't on purpose. Just turned out lucky. :D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    2nd. I'm driving along a state road taking my date home. She is getting a little frisky. So I put the speed control on 55mph and she then proceeds with some oral sex. While in the middle of this I look up and red lights in my rear view mirror. I pull over and the cop says his new radar unit got my at 79mph. I told him my cruise control was on 55mph. He basically called my a liar and wrote me a ticket. So my girlfriend and I plead not guilty and go to court. She stands in front of the judge and tells him that I always put the cruise control on 55mph when she is giving oral sex so he will not have an accident. The judge bust out laughing and slammed the gavel "charge dismissed". Then said you ought to keep her son. lol

What is your stories. Mine was all in the 70's

What is that God-awful smell in here?

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    A officer in OH got behind a trucker doing 55 in a 55. The trucker sped up to 60, then 65, then 75, 80...The LEO thought whats going on, he has to see me back here?! He turned on the cherry's an finally the trucker slowed down an stopped. The officer asked, "Didn't you see me back there following you?" The trucker said, "Yes." The LEO asked, "Then why did you keep speeding up like you were trying to leave me when you knew I was there?" "Well", said the trucker, "My wife ran off with a cop a couple weeks ago....I thought it might of been you bringing her back."

Paul Harvey...good day.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    I don't know about the rest of you out in BFE, but where I used to live we don't stop for stop signs unless someone else is there or coming up to the intersection. (Why bother stopping when you can see each way for miles or unless the corn is up?) Anyway, I'm coming home from work one night at O dark thirty in the morning. I'm coming up to the "intersection" we never stop at. Just at that moment, another car is turning at the other "intersection" 2 miles down the road we never stop at and is coming right at me. At the half way point, I see a State Police badge flash by on the side of the car. He has to go all the way down the road to see that I blew right thru a stop sign and he makes a u-turn and lights up the night coming after me. I'm already 2 miles ahead of him, running thru the no-stop intersection and heading into a twisty, curvy, hilly section of road I know like the back of my hand. Half a mile and I'm down in a gully, around a curve and he's lost sight of me. I turn into a corn field I farm and douse the lights. He comes FLYING by about a minute later. I sit for a while and head the other way. Only about a mile from the house.......never saw where he went and don't care either!!

Top Bottom