17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Here are some examples of barrel shrouds:

IMG_21.jpg

208.jpg

995-1.jpg

barrel-shroud.jpg

I don't think that hand guards and fore ends are considered "barrel shrouds."

I consider them to be hand guards and fore ends. Barrel shrouds are barrel shrouds. Like clips are clips, and magazines are magazines, but clips are not magazines.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    It's OK to strive for greater accuracy in nomenclature. However, gun control advocates operating in the legislature shouldn't even be given the benefit of the doubt, because they don't care. They want it banned, mainly because its appearance offends them. Point being, whether the item in question is a barrel (or magazine tube) extension, a heat shield, a forend, handguard(s), etc, they want it banned because of the way it looks.

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It's OK to strive for greater accuracy in nomenclature. However, gun control advocates operating in the legislature shouldn't even be given the benefit of the doubt, because they don't care. They want it banned, mainly because it's appearance offends them. Point being, whether the item in question is a barrel (or magazine tube) extension, a heat shield, a forend, handguard(s), etc, they want it banned because of the way it looks.

It's even worse than that. They want things banned when they don't know what they are OR what they look like. Is it part of a gun? BAN IT! Hence the barrel shroud/shoulder thing that goes up that we all laugh about.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    :yesway:

...a visual aid:

gun-control-theory.jpg

Rep coming. Hope you don't mind my "stealing" the pic. There're some folks I'd like to have see it.

BTW, almost all Dan Wesson revolvers and many new S&W models have "shrouded" barrels. Does that make them extra evil and deadly?

Last edited:

Mongoose1.1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    Magazine Capacity (all deadly...to a point):
    Super Sized Fries
    Large Box of Donuts
    Extra Large Carton of Cigaretts
    Keg Of Beer
    Car with extra large gass tank
    King Size Candy Bar

How do you plan to keep your family safe?
    What will you use to stop people and children from being murdered in front of your eyes.
    How will you stop a crazy person that will not stop killing?

Assault Weapons (could be banned):
    Cars
    Beer
    Knives
    Clubs
    Cars
    Bats
    Fists
    The Ground
    Rocks
    Bricks
    Bows
    Arrows

To the "our founding fathers did not intend or dream of assault weapons" argument. Do you think they would have used them against the British if they had them? Do you think they intended to have the right to bear arms (meaning slings and arrows) and to have the potentially tyranical government to have muskets and cannos? They also did not forsee submarines, tanks, nerve gas, biological weapons and missles, but governments, including our own have them. I think we are still out gunned! (I do not really advocate individuals having many of these BTW, but that is a different argument that I do not intend to start or end)

I still do not have a rel good one for most americans do not need assault weapons, other than... Most americans do not need most of the stuff they have, but that is no reason to ban people from having stuff! And of course the second amendment.

Going agains the second amendment is treason.

Anti-gun politicians are liars and traitors for swearing to defend the constitution and then turning against that.

The constitution sets up the rules and guidelines for the opreration of our government. Do we just throw it all out and start over?

The second amendment allows us to maintain the rest of the constitution. The first amendment would quickly vanish without the second.

The press are so eager to lie and spread junk stories out there. How would they like it if they lost the first amendment?

Good post man, funny.

Mongoose1.1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2012
    I told my son that a car is a GUIDED MISSLE if the driver is an idiot. Perhaps we should ban the vehicle. But then the idiot driver will start riding a motorcycle won't he? :):

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I told my son that a car is a GUIDED MISSLE if the driver is an idiot. Perhaps we should ban the vehicle. But then the idiot driver will start riding a motorcycle won't he? :):

No thank you. We have enough idiots in our sport driving up our insurance rates and just generally giving us a bad name and causing knee-jerk-reactive sheep to call for laws regulating our tools. You keep them, please.

signed,
    responsible motorcyclist

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

Cars are worse then missiles, and cause way more deaths, then missiles and firearms combined. And thats not even what its designed for. Next war, lets just send over a bunch of our drivers and we will be good to go

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    I always liked the fire extinguisher analogy.

"Why do you have a gun?"

"Why do you have a fire extinguisher? Do you WANT a fire? Are you planning to set one? No. But you want to be able to protect yourself if there IS a fire."

Top Bottom