• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

I'll hoping that is satire and not a real product, although I'm not sure who the joke would be on.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I suppose it depends on local and state laws as well as how they are enforced and perceived by LE and the courts. Strictly speaking a fake gun is not a firearm, but you may find yourself face down and cuffed in the wrong jurisdiction (like Chicago) if you were running around with a OC dummy pistol on your belt. I'm sure that if you pulled a fake gun and pointed it at a cop, you'd find yourself DOA in a real hurry.

I don't really get the point of this. Of course the liberal-elites have their ivory towers and bodyguards and the liberal faithful rely on the goodness of their fellow man to keep them safe. Foolishness I know since we are all well aware that evil does exist and therefore evil men and women also exist. So who would buy and carry such a phony? I'm not getting it...

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I only did a "perceived carry" one time, and, luckily, it worked. I was unarmed and threatened by three individuls. I confidently said that I would put a bullet in the first person who touched me. One of the group said "show us your gun", and I said "I'll shw it to the first one of you that touches me". They hesitated, then walked away. However, I would NEVER carry the above mentioned TOY gun.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    PCD was founded in 2014 by a U.S. Marine Corps veteran who served multiple combat tours to Iraq, and other places throughout the world. Based in Virginia Beach, VA, the sole purpose of these devices is to bridge the gap between hardcore everyday gun toting enthusiasts and those who are less willing to have a firearm in their home.

Traumatic brain injury is real, and tragic.

Perceived Carry Decoys: Mimicry in Human Armament

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm pretty sure that, at a minimum, pulling such a stupid stunt as to carry one of those would run afoul (or at least skirt the line) of various statutes regarding menacing, disorderly conduct, etc. - especially when the purpose of "perceived carry" decoy makes proving intent that much easier.

Carry, or don't carry. Don't fake carry.

Just read the website. It reads like an expert-level troll of firearms owners.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I'm pretty sure that, at a minimum, pulling such a stupid stunt as to carry one of those would run afoul (or at least skirt the line) of various statutes regarding menacing, disorderly conduct, etc. - especially when the purpose of "perceived carry" decoy makes proving intent that much easier.

Carry, or don't carry. Don't fake carry.

Just read the website. It reads like an expert-level troll of firearms owners.

Agreed! This goofy idea has ALL the disadvantages of carrying a firearm with the HUGE disadvantage if you actually need it, it won't do anything.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Do you carry a pretend bullet in the chamber, or do you have your imaginary Israeli friend rack it and hand it to you before you make "pew pew" noises?

Top Bottom