• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Just FYI: There have been reports of a guy at the RK Survival Show/Greater Indy Survival Expo this weekend selling fake ESEE Izulas.

These are the cheap ones that some dude in China is making by the thousands. They are all over the internet on eBay and alibaba. They all have the same serial number: 51455. The paperwork that comes in the knife package also has misspellings that are pretty obvious.

The seller is milezone.com Just a heads up.

If you want an ESEE product anywhere in Indiana, just go through Knife Lady.

If not, at the VERY least don't buy any Izula's with the serial number 51455.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I've seen fake esee's here at the Evansville gun shows, idk if its the same seller or not, but the first thing I noticed was the silk screened logo and serial number on the blade(real esee's have the logo/sn reversed out of the coating) and then the numerous misspellings on the survival card.

the same seller/thief/rip off artist had microtec knock off's, but at least they weren't marked microtec, but the rip off artist said that they were a copy of the microtec scarab (he pronounced it skrab)

he admitted the "microtec" was a fake,but didn't admit to the esee being fake

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Everyone I've seen the package says orange no matter what color the knife actually is. But if you have ever seen a real one it's pretty obvious. I told a guy at the flea market he had a fake one and he didn't believe me so I had my kid pull his Izula out. No denying it when there side by side.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    Yes, the card has a bunch of misspellings in it. Mike and Jeff can spell better than that, even with their TN and AL educations.

So far, I don't think we've found a fake Izula that had any other serial number other than the 51455. They don't seem to be concerned with faking different serial numbers so if you've never bought an ESEE, don't buy an Izula or any other knife with that serial number.

The bottom line for INGO members/IN residents is just to buy from Knife Lady. She's authorized and her and Brad will always do you right.

Top Bottom