• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    You don't have to imagine - I've done it. I don't have to be part of a special group (site supporter) to be a contributer to the board. The owner of the board has stated this himself. If you think it's so important, buy the board from Fenway and set your own rules.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    You don't have to imagine - I've done it. I don't have to be part of a special group (site supporter) to be a contributer to the board. The owner of the board has stated this himself. If you think it's so important, buy the board from Fenway and set your own rules.

Well, you should be proud. :rockwoot:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I am proud - that I haven't violated any rules. Like I said, wanna change it? Buy the board.

I don't want to change any rules. And, I think it's great that you abide by the rules. It's just my personal opinion that a small financial contribution to the forum -- if you have the money -- is a nice way to help keep it going. These are just my personal opinions.

Back to the original issue posed in the original post, I think people offer discounts to site supporters as a way to acknowledge and perhaps encourage others to financially support INGO. I've sold one gun on INGO and I didn't offer any different price. Different strokes for different folks.

I will always encourage folks to financially support INGO. I don't have any interest in owning INGO or changing the rules, I just think INGO is worth $10 or more. If you don't, that's fine with me too.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I think if you are going to offer discounts to site supporters, then you should take the extra money you made from non-site supporters and wire it to Fenway.:dunno: That way you can kill 2 with 1. You encourage non site supporters to donate and you still get the money through to help support the site and keep it going.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Interesting thread this has become. Didn't mean for it to become this "spirited" though. Good debate!!
    Here is my thing. You don't have to be a supporter to be a member of the site. It has nothing to do with the cost, or being cheap, as so many have stated. It's just that I don't want to give money to the board when I can enjoy it for free. If you want to, great! I just choose not to. I just hate how it has separated people on here. Look at all the people that call me cheap because I will not be a financial supporter. Or how people give a discount just because you are a financial supporter.
    I decided to give a discount to non financial supporters in my last sale. Boy have I already been Pm'd about that, people even giving me bad rep points for it. Saying things like "this is stupid to give non-supporters a discount". "This is disrespectful to the supporters", the one message said. But it's not disrespectful to the non supporters when you offer discounts to supporters.
    Sorry to burst everyones bubble if you think this is keeping me up at night, it's not. Just raising the issue to see what people thought about it.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    It's just that I don't want to give money to the board when I can enjoy it for free.
    Sorry to burst everyones bubble if you think this is keeping me up at night, it's not. Just raising the issue to see what people thought about it.

Well, that about sums it up.

I didn't think it was keeping you at night, either ;)

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    Interesting thread this has become.
    Here is my thing. You don't have to be a supporter to be a member of the site. It is being cheap, as so many have stated. It's just that I don't want to give money to the board when I can enjoy it for free. If you want to, great! I just choose not to. Look at all the people that call me cheap because I will not be a financial supporter. Or how people give a discount just because you are a financial supporter.
    I decided to give a discount to non financial supporters in my last sale."This is disrespectful to the site"

That looks like what he was trying to say in a more condensed version..:D

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Interesting thread this has become. Didn't mean for it to become this "spirited" though. Good debate!!
    Here is my thing. You don't have to be a supporter to be a member of the site. It has nothing to do with the cost, or being cheap, as so many have stated. It's just that I don't want to give money to the board when I can enjoy it for free. If you want to, great! I just choose not to. I just hate how it has separated people on here. Look at all the people that call me cheap because I will not be a financial supporter. about it.

I PM’ed a member awhile back asking him why he is not a site supporter as he sells large amounts of gun products on INGO which would cost him hundreds of dollars to do on one of the auctions sites. I told him I felt it is only fair that the people who benefit the most from the site should help keep it financially solvent.

His response to me was that it has nothing to do with being cheap or not wanting to spend ten dollars; he refuses to contribute because he does not agree with how Fenway and some of the moderators run the site so he will not support them. If this person is so upset with how the owner is running the site why is he using it for free to make money? Sounds a little hypocritical to me.

Because you don't have to doesen't mean you shouldn't if it is the right thing to do. What is your reasoning? If it is just to save ten bucks then sorry but you are cheap.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Common welfare phrase. "Why do we have to pay in to it we can get everything for free".

Im glad you dont lose sleep over not contributing money to this site. We other members dont mind paying for your extra bandwith in messages/threads/post on selling your overpriced items.

If you never started this thread i would have no problem with you but complaining because people like myself want to give other members that contribute to your selling i had to say something.
    freeloader%20fork.jpg

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Holy crap....10 bucks is not the point. As far as the "right" thing to do.....WHAT?? I'm on a "free" forum. That's the point...I enjoy using it for "FREE" . I can use the classifieds for "FREE". End of story. It doesn't cost. So whether you chose to "give" financially or not is your business it has nothing to do with right or wrong.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    FWIW, when I post something for sale, I make it clear that the buyer must be a site supporter or a content contributor. Conversely, no matter how much I want a WTS item, I won't buy from that person unless he is a site supporter or contributor. This is a choice that I make as a buyer/seller and it is my right to make that choice.

This started back when we only required 10 posts to participate in the classifieds. I refused to do business with anyone who had fewer than 100 posts or was not a site supporter. I made exceptions for people who were clearly contributing to the site even if they had fewer than 100 posts. There were far too many 10-posters who brought nothing to the board and took away everything. Leeches.

I don't really care if anyone donates money or not. I don't see a dime of that anyway, but I know what the server bandwidth bill is and I know how much the software and development costs are, and I am painfully aware of how quickly INGO will go away without the support of our generous contributors and advertisers.

I recognize that not everyone can donate or wants to donate, though, and I'm perfectly OK with that. I just expect them to participate and support the board in other ways. Share their wisdom, insight, humor, opinions, etc. Those things are easily worth $10 to me. Those are the people with whom I want to do business. People of character who care enough about INGO to help make it the great forum that it is. Not leeches who are just here to make a quick buck or snag a good deal.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    ???

Holy crap....10 bucks is not the point. As far as the "right" thing to do.....WHAT?? I'm on a "free" forum. That's the point...I enjoy using it for "FREE" . I can use the classifieds for "FREE". End of story. It doesn't cost. So whether you chose to "give" financially or not is your business it has nothing to do with right or wrong.

Pray you never have a medical emergency where you will need a blood transfusion or an organ transplant. If you are not willing to pay your own way in life with a losey ten dollar bill why would anyone else want to donate a part of themself to help you? People do things because it is just the right thing to do, something you obviously haven't learned yet.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Pray you never have a medical emergency where you will need a blood transfusion or an organ transplant. If you are not willing to pay your own way in life with a losey ten dollar bill why would anyone else want to donate a part of themself to help you? People do things because it is just the right thing to do, something you obviously haven't learned yet.

Seriously, I mean really seriously. Wow. I can't believe I am even responding to this. :laugh: This is a forum.....a hobby....something to do for fun. And you compare it to that. Wow. Maybe it is time for me to move on, if many more have lost touch with reality this much. FYI. This is not life or death on here. We talk to each other and put funny little pictures on our threads. Like this. :moon:

Top Bottom