Ever Have a Paranormal Experience While in the Woods?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    ghost

My wife and I were driving around Death Valley at about 11:30 pm a few years ago. We went out to look at stars. The moon was too bright and we couldn't see anything. Anyway, we were driving down the road and up ahead we saw some all black legs walking across the road. Just legs, no body. When we got to where it was there was nothing there. Just walked into some bushes at the side of the road.

Jason

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ......Both guns were in hand as we approached.
    I needed a bigger gun. Talking about feeling under gunned.

2-aliens-talking-on-chair-417-176-2.jpg

And that's how the intergalactic war started and Earth was eventually destroyed...... now you are safe son!

chris46131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Franklin
    1988 or '89 myself and 4 others were setting up our bows and checking everything out getting ready for a "military hunt" in northern Indiana. We were getting all our gear loaded into the vans and trucks just preparing for the weekend hunt around Angola.
    A little after dark we were just sitting around having a couple of cold ones planning our strategies and detailing everything.
    We noticed a light in the distance kept getting closer and closer.
    It got within approximately 200 yards of us and hovered in a field across the road.
    One of my stupid/retarded/fearless friends decided to go check it out. Naturally being of strong male hormonal stupidity I had to go with him so as not to lose my "Man Card" (testicles).
    We approaced to approximately 75 yards and could tell it was "opaque? as almost see through but not quite.
    It emitted a pulsating hum in a low frequency and as we continued closer it seemed to have a solid form behind the opaque exterior.
    Not wanting to seem like the ChickenShirt I was feeling like at the time I continued along with my brain damaged, logically challenged friend.
    At maybe 60 yards at that point we heard a bunch of sirens, lights, and saw a couple of helos with search llights on headed our way.
    There must have been 50 vehicles converging at a high rate of speed on our location.
    And then, this "thing" decided to move. It took off from the hover position it was in. The pulsating hummings increased and then that FU..ER was GONE.
    I mean into the FU..ING sky with a blink. Nothing you can imagine moves that fast.
    State Police and more "official vehicles tore down the road past us on that direction. They slowed down to a stop about an 1/8 mile down the road after it took off into the sky.
    It was in many of our local newspapers with over 200 witnesses.
    I'll add one more thing here. I've seen something. UFO, USAF secret aircraft, I don't know what I saw.
    But I DID see it, felt the pulsations, and heard it.

And in keeping with our gun lives here....I was carrying my old GCNM 1911 and buddy had a Super Redhawk Stainless. Both guns were in hand as we approached.
    I needed a bigger gun. Talking about feeling under gunned.

Wow! Thanks Harry. I'll bet that got the blood pumping, eh?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    A friend and myself "were" the paranormal activity one time. We were going to a blackpowder shoot and were wearing our 'skins. It was very foggy and very early. Joe had the brilliant idea to take a detour to a nearby campground. Parked about a quarter mile up the road and took a hike through the woods, through the campground and back to the car. There were a few folks up and about getting breakfast ready, etc. with the usual hum that goes with it. When we hit the road you could have heard a pin drop. Walked across the road into the woods and back to the car. Laughed all the way to the shoot.

Anyway, yes, I've the eyes on the back feeling more than once out in the yard. Not a pleasant feeling at all.

Rock River

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indy/Morgan county
    Nothing paranormal but when I was around 12 yrs old walking into the woods early one morning, still dark, to get ready to do some squirrel hunting a bobcat made its "bobcat" sound, which sounded like a woman being murdered. Scared the living crap outta me. I had never heard a bobcat before and didn't really know much about them. Probably the most scared I've ever been.

shawnba67

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    So Indiana
    Nothing paranormal but when I was around 12 yrs old walking into the woods early one morning, still dark, to get ready to do some squirrel hunting a bobcat made its "bobcat" sound, which sounded like a woman being murdered. Scared the living crap outta me. I had never heard a bobcat before and didn't really know much about them. Probably the most scared I've ever been.
    Nearly same but deer season and im sure it killed and ate something 100yds away. I was 15, deer **** attracts deer mine did not. Is bigffot paranormal? seem him twice.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    The movie Close Encounters of The Third Kind was based on some factual information. The sightings in the sky did start here in Indiana. My Dad was piloting his private plane from Indy back to Ann Arbor and had a close encounter with a air craft carrier sized "UFO" over northern Indiana. This was confirmed with the military air control who was tracking the object from Wright Patterson and traffic control in Indy. My Dad was giving reports to the ATC at WP and describing what was going on for about 20 minutes. The Governor of Ohio also went public and claimed to have seen the huge UFO. That was back in the early 70's.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Where the h--l is that photo from, Mosinowner? Is that from a movie or a TV show or is that real?

jay2981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Never had anything in the woods, but my little one, my girlfriend,and myself seen someone in my house. My girlfriend has told me a few times that my three year old saw "daddy" in the hallway. When I was shaving I saw a shadow plain as day walk by with my dog following. The bedroom door open then shut. My dog was wagging her tail then the door shut and she started whining wanting to go in. The only thing I can figure is one of my brothers that have passed. The fact that little one called it daddy (looks like myself) my girlfriends description (she never met him) and the size of the shadow and my dogs attitude toward it (she knew him) I'm sure it's him. Oh and the fact that little one called it butchy,what I called my brother when I was little and she never would've known. Pretty sure he's hanging around here.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    What did she see and what did you hear?

as she was face down, she heard some kind of unearthly screeching, as i was face up looking at the sky i saw some kind of black thing 30 feet or so above us. bat-shaped shadow but HUGE, 4-5 ft across at least. it was really more blob-ish looking but thats the best i can describe.

wasn't the only paranormal occurrence i had around her, she had told me stories of the thumpings in her house. i cast it off with disbelief, til one afternoon and I heard it myself. it was no sound that pipes or a furnace could give, it was a low frequency THUMP, like a large person STOMPING in the second story. we were alone in the house.

third story, same woman - we were just driving around town, small rural town, wandering aimlessly, content in the company. i pulled to a four way stop and my attention was drawn to the house on the corner. i didn't think much of it and drove off, wasn't but a few minutes later i started to feel ill, very nauseous, hot and feverish. i remember needing to pull over, i stopped in a convenience store lot. i got out of my truck and just sat on the tailgate for what seemed like ages, probably was only a couple minutes or so.

she came to me and out of the blue, started telling me about how she used to take care of an old man that passed away. that house that i was so focused on? thats where he lived, and died.

Last edited:

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    OK, Got one more for you that happened to myself and my 2 brother in laws, our sons while camping at Dale Hollow lake in Tennessee. We were camped on a cove in tents out in the boonies in July, sometime in the 80's. It was dead calm, not a cloud in the air, about 3am in the morning. I woke up from something I heard that sounded like my ears were humming or more like a vibrating in the air. Our two dogs were going crazy about something and really carrying on. My two sons woke up too and we kind of said what the heck is that, do you hear or feel that? Just about then a whoosh of wind came straight down and collapsed the tent. By then we were all awake and out of the tents to see what was going on. Nothing, starry night, dead clam and nothing to investigate. The next day we were at Holly Creek for ice and gas for the boat and my brother in law called home to check in. My sister said somewhere in the conversation"by any chance did you hear about the UFO sightings in the Dale Hollow area last night? It is all over the news here in Indy." WOW! Beam me up Scotty! Maybe we had a close encounter and slept through the best part. I still get chills down my spine thinking about how weird that night was, especially since we were so far from civilization.

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    Now for mine I was about 8 or 9 when this happened... Me, my dad, and 2 of my cousins were out in the boonies fishing at a strip pit that was turned Into a state park.....

Well it was real late at night, and without the light pollution of the big cities we could see a ton of stars

So as me and my dad are star gazing waiting for a bite, he points out this light in the sky.

Now mind you I know a lot about airplanes and I lived near an airport as a child an my dad was in the Air Force so we both know what the lights plane several thousand feet up look like..

At first I thought it was a star he was pointing at, than he goes no I swear it was moving, by this point all four of us is lookin at the sky thinkin he's full of ****... When this light slowly starts to move and get bright.. While its slowly moving the light starts to pulsate, goin from bright to dim, bright to dim, bright to off, off to bright. Than it started to pick up speed just pulsating

And then, just when its brighter than any star around it, this thing darts faster than anything I've ever seen across the sky. And I mean u could see this thing just zoom at light speed across the sky, if I woulda blinked I woulda missed it.

And all four of us stared at each other with that "omg what the hell just happened" look on our face.

Since than, every time me and my dad go night fishing we're always bringing that night up and always check the sky every now and than while we are fishin

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom