• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    Mark, I don't think any one wants you to go any where.

You have been asked what issues are important to you and you seem to think that is a personal attack.

We will laugh at or applaud your positions. You can take it you're a man.

So far all you have said is you have your own opinions. We cannot discuss what we do not know .

The Mouse will not send you packing unless you break the rules and have a meltdown.

Tom

Thank you for your civil tone. But, no, I'll decline the opportunity to state or argue my political priorities or beliefs a case-by-case basis here. Don't feel particularly compelled to, the possibility of cheers or jeers aside. And if it belongs anywhere on a gun board, IMO, it should probably be in the politics sections. And, for the record, I've taken nothing as a personal attack. Got not butt hurt. Got actual worries in life -- health, job, economics family -- with all that's going on. So, no, some guys disagreeing with me (or agreeing with me) on a gun board isn't going to get me cranked up.

I will try to clarify what I meant to say or to imply and be done with it. During the COVID-19 run on guns & ammo, I've seen an incredible amount of disdain -- here and on other boards -- for everyone not already firmly gunned up, geared up and "in the fight" ... a sort of, "Look at 'em now. Hah!"

Basically, I think an "Us v. the Democrats" (or Democraps) route, whether it be online or at the club/range, is a mistake. Those millions of people are half the nation or better. If the pro-2A or pro-gun community -- if there is such a singular thing -- wants to be insular and with an ever-tightening perimeter, I think it's on the right course.

Personally, I don't think it's wise. Forget the physical, actual campaign of any given moment. What if more people got into and enjoyed shooting and hunting? Why be in such a hurry to scoff at 'em? Or is it really a matter of "We don't want 'em 'round here?" Dunno what the actuality is, but know what it reads like...here, SIG Talk, The High Road, Shotgun World, etc.

And I've while I've no real concern of the admin or mods running me out, I can't tell you it's a concern. Was a reasonably skilled and experienced shooter, instructor and RO before I'd heard of INGO and likely will remain so. Handled my firearms and behavior and sportsmanship fairly well wherever I happened to be shooting or hunting, and reckon I still will. I raised that particular tidbit as a dry (perhaps too dry) poke at the "OMG, there's some of THEM here and we oughta be worried" sentiment.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    Republicans, Democrats, and even libertarians are in a private party. You have no right voting in their primary to select their candidates for general election. If you truly believe in voting for the man, then your opportunity to make your voice heard is in the general election, choosing between the candidates selected by the members of any parties and independent candidates that may run. Only do what they please liberals really believe they should have a voice in the parties selection of the candidates to present their values and vision.

One, I have every right to vote in any primary in which I abide by the rules.
    Two, that's my point: Two private parties control a public system. And it's designed to stay that way. The choices for the highest office in the land realistically are choked down to "Column A" or "Column B."
    Three, if individual American voters, all of whom together make up voting populace, should not "have a voice in the parties selection of the candidates to present their values and vision," then who exactly should have that voice?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Thank you for your civil tone.

I just went back and read all of your posts in this thread and I don't see what the bruhaha is about. It seems that you took exception to being lumped in with the panic buying liberals. I realize that there are Democrats that are gun owners. It is my perception that a large part of them fall into the Fudd category.

It is also my experience that many anti gunners are Democrats.

That is why you may receive pushback.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It's entirely your right to vote based on a single issue.
    It's entirely mine to assess each candidate in each race and weigh in my mind what I believe best for the township, county, city, state and country.
    If you are greatly concerned about Dems being "among 'us'," I'd suggest you get hold of the admin. Perhaps you can the undesirables removed.

It's not your right to make me pick between my rights and my life, and by voting for a democrat you are doing that to me, personally.

And I take that personally. I don't really care about your excuse for voting to potentially cut my life short.

Voting isn't compulsory.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    One, I have every right to vote in any primary in which I abide by the rules.
    Two, that's my point: Two private parties control a public system. And it's designed to stay that way. The choices for the highest office in the land realistically are choked down to "Column A" or "Column B."
    Three, if individual American voters, all of whom together make up voting populace, should not "have a voice in the parties selection of the candidates to present their values and vision," then who exactly should have that voice?

Actually, you should take this discussion to the Politics stream. Or just drop it. I have an opinion but I will not discuss it here.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    It's not your right to make me pick between my rights and my life, and by voting for a democrat you are doing that to me, personally.

And I take that personally. I don't really care about your excuse for voting to potentially cut my life short.

Voting isn't compulsory.

Individuals voting Democratic are voting to cut your life short?
    No, voting isn't compulsory. It is, however, a right and it's not determined by who or what you take personally.

Mark106

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2020
    Terre Haute
    Actually, you should take this discussion to the Politics stream. Or just drop it. I have an opinion but I will not discuss it here.
    If you think I'm going to watch IngoMike and Tombs and whoever else say my rights, or anyone's rights, are a matter to be dictated by their opinions ... nah, not so much.
    Frankly, I think this whole thread should be in Politics ... in which case I'd never have entered it.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    If you think I'm going to watch IngoMike and Tombs and whoever else say my rights, or anyone's rights, are a matter to be dictated by their opinions ... nah, not so much.
    Frankly, I think this whole thread should be in Politics ... in which case I'd never have entered it.
    Well. There’s no requirement to continue engaged in the thread?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Individuals voting Democratic are voting to cut your life short?
    No, voting isn't compulsory. It is, however, a right and it's not determined by who or what you take personally.

What do you think voting to take away the rights of your fellow Americans is doing?

You're literally sending men with guns to their houses to take away their rights by force, because they disagree with you. In turn, forcing them to decide between their rights and their life. And you expect people to not take serious objection to you doing that, and have the hubris to openly admit that you're okay with that in public. Ridiculous.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    And you dictate that?
    While engaging in the thread yourself?
    Are you being serious right now? You said if it was in the politics section you wouldn’t have entered it. So you can leave the thread? Instead, you’d rather sit and argue politics while acting like you don’t wanna discuss politics.

Don’t bother explaining why you support democrats. After these few comments, I now see why.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    And you dictate that?
    While engaging in the thread yourself?
    And I’m engaged in the thread because I WANT TO, You acted like you wouldn’t participate in it, I wasn’t dictating you leave. I don’t care if you stay and participate, but don’t say “I’m not answering that cause I don’t wanna discuss politics, I wouldn’t participate in the thread if it were in political section” and then continue talking politics. I was just pointing out you’re free to leave the thread if you don’t wanna participate in it. That’s not dictating anything

Top Bottom