• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I just want to see it take off as an alternate fuel. There's other ways to make it than using corn. Algae looks really promising. There's a plant in Mexico, I think it's got US owners, that was making good progress.

The Brazilians use sugar cane to make their Ethanol and they have a thriving agri-tech job industry. Ethanol fuel in Brazil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

C'mon! They can do it so can the USA!

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    If it's going to hurt my mower, I guess I'll just mow my grass much less often. That should make some people around here happy.

edited: purple just in case.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Won't kill my Mower.I run a diesel mower.
    I use to have a 05 Chevy 2500 HD. gasser that I used to run regular unleaded in and then switched to E10 and it did go down in mileage when I started using it but after 2-3 tanks it came back and the truck ran better on it than regular unleaded.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Whoa, why didn't I know you guys ran a station? Your folks still in the business?

Road USA at US-36 and CR-525-E between Avon and Danville. Mom retired a few years ago and sold to B-I-L, but is still the major share holder.

I know there are only a few major distributors, but there MUST be a difference.
    OK, so maybe I don't know everything. This article shows the distribution chain:

Brand Conscious Buying #3 – Gasoline

Just how much of these additives are added into the tank? The amount varies, but for some it’s a quart of additives for an 8,000 gallon tank.

Pretty sneaky that they remove the sticker requirement the year before they increase the ethanol content. Sounds like part of a much larger plan....
    My guess is the .gov of IN thought supporting "corn farmers" (i.e. the big agribusiness lobby) would be a good thing. So I have to ask you... who contributes more to politicians campaign funds... your local farmer or ADM?

Why would they have to remove the stickers unless people had the opinion that ethanol gas an inferior fuel?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ethanol is an antique technology, akin to running your engines on corn squeezin's. Newer technologies, mostly stifled by government interference and lack of funding in a volatile marketplace, are promising better results. Hopefully the day will come when we'll have thermal depolymerisation plants in every community. They'll get rid of waste at one end and have fuel come out the other. And it won't kill your engines.

Thermal depolymerization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is this the ultimate recycler? | Education | The Guardian

Changing World Technologies, Inc.

Top Bottom