• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    So, a lesbian teen was busted for statutory rape, has the option to have charges reduced to sexual abuse and the prosecutor will not stand in the way of charges being wiped from the record upon completion of probation. Not good enough. She claims she is being singled out because she is gay. Last time I checked, statutory rape is illegal for heterosexual relationships too.

We don't want special treatment, we want equality. Oh wait, now we want special treatment.

No compromise, never again. If you want something that I have or that I disagree with, you will have to take it from me. I am done watching my rights and way of life slowly being eroded away. No more.

Yahoo! Shine - Women's Lifestyle | Healthy Living and Fashion Blogs

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I saw that, too.

Totally terrible situation. They dated for a couple of years as minors, but as soon as she turned 18, BOOM, she is a rapist.

But, if it was a guy and gal, or two guys, the 18-year-old would be rotting in jail. Sorry. Sometimes "equal" sucks.

Yet another law making criminals out of thin air.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I saw that, too.

Totally terrible situation. They dated for a couple of years as minors, but as soon as she turned 18, BOOM, she is a rapist.

But, if it was a guy and gal, or two guys, the 18-year-old would be rotting in jail. Sorry. Sometimes "equal" sucks.

Yet another law making criminals out of thin air.

Unless 18 yo = girl and 14 yo = guy. No I didn't forget the purple.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    This is ridiculous. Many kids have sex in high school. An 18 year old and a 15 year old could easily be classmates, and it is just as ridiculous with heterosexual couples. I'm sure many will call the 18 year old a child rapist now too. I'd be willing to bet that this is happening at every high school in America.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't understand why the parents could not have stopped the relationship without the involvement of the authorities.

Are parents expected to have any responsibilities anymore? Is grounding a child to their room against the law these days?

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I don't understand why the parents could not have stopped the relationship without the involvement of the authorities.

Are parents expected to have any responsibilities anymore? Is grounding a child to their room against the law these days?

Of course you understand.

You are seeing the next phase in the pansification of America...and the state is more than happy to step in to expand its reach and establish precedent.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Sorry...there is a lot of difference between 18 year olds and 14 year olds, and a LOT of difference between 15 year old teenagers and 11 year old children....Something is wrong here,there is more to this....

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    So, a lesbian teen was busted for statutory rape, has the option to have charges reduced to sexual abuse and the prosecutor will not stand in the way of charges being wiped from the record upon completion of probation. Not good enough. She claims she is being singled out because she is gay. Last time I checked, statutory rape is illegal for heterosexual relationships too.

We don't want special treatment, we want equality. Oh wait, now we want special treatment.

No compromise, never again. If you want something that I have or that I disagree with, you will have to take it from me. I am done watching my rights and way of life slowly being eroded away. No more.

Some animals are more equal than others.

"Tolerance" will be forced down our throats at the point of a gun barrel.

I don't want government discriminating against citizens for their sexual preference but neither do I want government telling me I have to accept immorality masquerading as legitimacy. Alternate 'lifestyle'. Right.:noway:

I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. God bless America.

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    I don't want government discriminating against citizens for their sexual preference but neither do I want government telling me I have to accept immorality masquerading as legitimacy. Alternate 'lifestyle'. Right.

You don't have to like what they do, but you have to respect their right to do it. If you don't like gays, don't be gay. Problem solved. Don't want gay marriage? Don't get married to someone of the same sex... Its not that difficult.. If you don't like guns, don't own them. See? works both ways.

Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    Doesn't Indiana have the "Romeo and Juliet" defense that says if they aren't very much apart in age, and the older is not in a position of trust or authority (i.e. teacher or coach), that it is not statutory rape?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sorry...there is a lot of difference between 18 year olds and 14 year olds, and a LOT of difference between 15 year old teenagers and 11 year old children....Something is wrong here,there is more to this....

No, I think it is pretty much as it seems.

A 17-year-old was dating a 15-year-old. No idea if any "sex" was involved.

Then, on the day the 17-year-old turned 18 (and the 15-your-old had not yet turned 16), she was arrested. Evidently, what is OK on one day is suddenly a felony on the next. NO sex needs to be involved. Simply having a birthday is enough.

The root APPEARS to be the younger girl's parent's homophobia. I'm sure they have a wonderful relationship with their daughter right now - after getting her girlfriend tossed in jail with possible felony record and a lifetime "Predator" scarlet letter. Way to go, mom and dad!

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Doesn't Indiana have the "Romeo and Juliet" defense that says if they aren't very much apart in age, and the older is not in a position of trust or authority (i.e. teacher or coach), that it is not statutory rape?

Yep.
    Indiana Code 35-42-4
    (e) It is a defense to a prosecution under this section if all the following apply:
    (1) The person is not more than four (4) years older than the victim.
    (2) The relationship between the person and the victim was a dating relationship or an ongoing personal relationship. The term "ongoing personal relationship" does not include a family relationship.
    (3) The crime:
    (A) was not committed by a person who is at least twenty-one (21) years of age;
    (B) was not committed by using or threatening the use of deadly force;
    (C) was not committed while armed with a deadly weapon;
    (D) did not result in serious bodily injury;
    (E) was not facilitated by furnishing the victim, without the victim's knowledge, with a drug (as defined in IC 16-42-19-2(1)) or a controlled substance (as defined in IC 35-48-1-9) or knowing that the victim was furnished with the drug or controlled substance without the victim's knowledge; and
    (F) was not committed by a person having a position of authority or substantial influence over the victim.
    (4) The person has not committed another sex offense (as defined in IC 11-8-8-5.2) (including a delinquent act that would be a sex offense if committed by an adult) against any other person.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Two things...I misread and thought the age difference was greater...HOWEVER..I could care less about having a wonderful relationship with a child that rejects my advice and loving guidance and embraces rebellion...I am not homophobic anymore than I am liaraphobic,or thiefaphobic.Wrong is wrong..

PMPORTER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Indianapolis

I thought the exact same thing when I seen this on the news, If it was an 18 year old boy they would make him pay wright or wrong.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    An 18 year old and a 16 year old. Technically against the law, yes. Take the proceedings through court like you would for anyone else. The jury can choose not to convict.

Top Bottom