• ...and so much more!
  • Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Life is a journey, and learning never stops no matter your age and no matter how much education you have.

If you enter an indoor range here are a few best practices.

1) Have all guns in a case, holster or have a chamber flag in place.
    2) Guns in a holster should stay in the holster at all times until you are in the stall.
    3) Guns should never be bagged, or cased for transportation when they are loaded.
    4) If you don't own a holster, gun case or chamber flag buy those items and then use them.

Only a duffer walks into a gun range with a gun in hand. It is far worse if the action is closed. It is even worse if the action is closed and the magazine is in place. If you walk into a place of business with a gun in that condition you look like a threat. Is that what you want to look like walking into a place of business? I hope newer and novice gun owners take this post in the right way and perhaps think about something that they have not thought about previously.

Last edited:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    My first day working in a gun shop I had 3 loaded handguns pointed at me that were holstered when the person brought them into the store. **** drives me up the wall.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Saw a guy carrying an "evil black rifle" in low-ready, no chamber flag, at Parabellum a while back. Range bag in is off-hand.

Takes all kinds, I suppose.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Working behind the counter at a gun shop and/or range is an eye-opening experience and if you allow it, an education about the nature of humanity.

When I did it, initially I was shocked by the things I saw. After a while, your concern over observing people, their behavior, and pro-actively preventing situations that could result in tragedy overcomes your shock and disappointment. It's just the way it is and you deal with it, trying to educate as you go.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Working behind the counter at a gun shop and/or range is an eye-opening experience and if you allow it, an education about the nature of humanity.

When I did it, initially I was shocked by the things I saw. After a while, your concern over observing people, their behavior, and pro-actively preventing situations that could result in tragedy overcomes your shock and disappointment. It's just the way it is and you deal with it, trying to educate as you go.

Yep, this^^^

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Saw a guy carrying an "evil black rifle" in low-ready, no chamber flag, at Parabellum a while back. Range bag in is off-hand.

Takes all kinds, I suppose.

I've heard several similar stories of incidents like this happening at this particular range. I've even talked to some folks who refuse to shoot there because of this type of thing happening.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I saw a guy walking away from a Bass Pro Shop entrance with a pistol in his hand, swinging his arms like he's out for a stroll.
    I let him know that he was an idiot! Loudly!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom