• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Ask the nations the U.S. has invaded. We are the bully of earth.

Indeed we are a bully. But not the bully. But let's not add wanton disregard of our people's lives to our list of wrongs. (And yes, I know what you will say to that. We must simply disagree on that for now)

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't need you to provide your self-justification, just gave you an opportunity.
    Can you ever just talk? I'm not providing any self justification. I'm just playing along with your scenario until you decide to have a conversation.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Indeed we are a bully. But not the bully. But let's not add wanton disregard of our people's lives to our list of wrongs. (And yes, I know what you will say to that. We must simply disagree on that for now)

You are free to disagree with me, I am not the U.S.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'd be fine with knocking off the bully crap. Let's mind our own business and live and let live.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    You are free to disagree with me, I am not the U.S.

Ha! How true. You can disagree with the U.S. and win, but it's awfully expensive. Anyhoo, thanks for the great discussion. It's been a blast. Gotta get up in 6 to go to work. I'm out.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Is the leader of a country who is described Biblically as "watching for our souls" to shirk that responsibility because doing otherwise would dishonor a person who has dishonored themselves?

And can I justifiably kill someone who is made in the image of God? Is this not a much greater dilemma than hitting them, or scaring them?

That passage is referring to Church leadership if you are referring to Hebrews 13.

No there is no such thing as justifiable killing. Christ himself spoke about slapping and didn't condone it. God is the judge, not I. It is not up to me to justify anything, but only to say Lord have mercy, on me a sinner and Lord remember me when you come into your kingdom. That's it.

Christ says, do not be afraid of those who can kill the body. Do not be anxious about tomorrow for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own evil.

Planning to sin is sin.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Is it painful? Do you feel like you are drowning? Is it scary? Would you do it to your kid?

Splashing water on someones face is a game you play at the pool.
    There's a youtube video of Steven Crowder being waterboarded. I think he lost a bet or something. Don't remember. Kinda shows you how it's done though.

It's a pretty long thread and you may have missed my post about what the guy who interrogated KSM said about waterbording. He said that KSM was waterboarded something like 15 times in the years he interrogated him. According to him, and counter to what the CIA said, the waterboarding was ineffective on KSM. They used other EIT with classical conditioning to get him to talk.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Just playing along is for something to do. Having some fun with it isn't torture. Why would you think that?

Eh, you don't seem to enjoy my style of conversation, even if you agree with some of the things I say. It's like you're anticipating something that may or may not ever occur (like an end to the waterboarding sessions being performed on you against your will to extract information that you might not even possess). Just curious.

Hey, did you ever watch that movie I suggested?

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    That passage is referring to Church leadership if you are referring to Hebrews 13.

No there is no such thing as justifiable killing. Christ himself spoke about slapping and didn't condone it. God is the judge, not I. It is not up to me to justify anything, but only to say Lord have mercy, on me a sinner and Lord remember me when you come into your kingdom. That's it.

Christ says, do not be afraid of those who can kill the body. Do not be anxious about tomorrow for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own evil.

Planning to sin is sin.

I could see how you could get that out of the Hebrews passage, though I disagree. But here's another:

1 Peter 2:13-14 KJV
    [13] Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; [14] Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well.

So when God order the Israelites to kill, he was ordering them to sin?

I think we both know the context under which Christ says "fear not him who can kill the body." But I take it from your statements here you do not carry a protective sidearm?

You'll be relieved to know I have made no plans to torture anyone.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Eh, you don't seem to enjoy my style of conversation, even if you agree with some of the things I say. It's like you're anticipating something that may or may not ever occur (like an end to the waterboarding sessions being performed on you against your will to extract information that you might not even possess). Just curious.

Hey, did you ever watch that movie I suggested?

Hold on now. You murdered me for making some dude listen to 80s music. Turns out, the prosecutor sneaked in all Gen X'ers on the jury. They LOVEed 80s music and convicted you. At your sentencing, the judge lectured you for using leathal force when no one's life was in danger. But you ended up with the minimum sentence because the judge, being a boomer, hated 80s music.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Hold on now. You murdered me for making some dude listen to 80s music. Turns out, the prosecutor sneaked in all Gen X'ers on the jury. They LOVEed 80s music and convicted you. At your sentencing, the judge lectured you for using leathal force when no one's life was in danger. But you ended up with the minimum sentence because the judge, being a boomer, hated 80s music.

Well, that's a happy ending to a horrifying story. Unless the 80's music was SRV, of course.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Well, that's a happy ending to a horrifying story. Unless the 80's music was SRV, of course.

It was Mickey by Toni Basil. I'm still surprised (especially since I'm dead) that T.Lex was able to get a jury who were all 13 year old girls in 1982. Of course, this being the time we live in, yet at odds with current statistics, 3 of them are now men in their late 40s, married, with children. ATM's Attorney, some guy named Freeman, didn't see any of that coming.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Hold on now. You murdered me for making some dude listen to 80s music...

You make it seem so innocent. I present people's exhibit A:

[video=youtube;2nXGPZaTKik]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nXGPZaTKik[/video]

Toni Basil was a brief reprieve, but I'd totally murder you again. :):

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You make it seem so innocent. I present people's exhibit A:

[video=youtube;2nXGPZaTKik]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nXGPZaTKik[/video]

Toni Basil was a brief reprieve, but I'd totally murder you again. :):

Hey. The trial is over. You can present that on appeal. At least the judge was sympathetic. He went easy on you.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Oh. And you just admitted it was murder. T.Lex is gonna kick your ass with that when you appeal.

ATM

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Oh. And you just admitted it was murder. T.Lex is gonna kick your ass with that when you appeal.

Greg Kihn, Esq. advised that I can't be tried again for the same crime, called it double something.

Exhibit C:

[video=youtube;yAJNwPWVmNc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAJNwPWVmNc[/video]

Top Bottom