• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    3) trying to injure someone to the point that they no longer pose a threat is at best naive and at worst going to get you killed.
    But this is exactly what you should do...:scratch: If you decide to engage, your purpose should be to cause as much damage to the bad guy as fast as possible, but the goal of doing so is to make sure they no longer pose a threat. Shoot for the center of mass, shoot with good defensive ammo, shoot without consideration of whether the perp lives or dies, but stop pulling the trigger when the perp is no longer a threat to anyone. I thought I was being clear in my previous posts that I am not talking about tactics or point of aim, I am talking about the goal of pulling your weapon.

:horse:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    And understand that my point is that when you do raise your weapon that 1) you fully understand that your actions are in all probablity going to take a human life, 2) shooting at center of mass with some sort of personel protection ammo is lethal force, 3) trying to injure someone to the point that they no longer pose a threat is at best naive and at worst going to get you killed.

I also agree that in no way is it justified to unload a mag on someone when he is down. That is not what I am talking about.

Actually, about 80% of gunshot victims survive their injuries.

Top Bottom