• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The EAS system is tested locally on a weekly or monthly basis. This is the first test of the entire system on a national level.

Why is the national test being conducted at this particular date and time?
    While EAS tests may be disruptive, they are important to ensure that the EAS is functional and that EAS Participants are prepared to issue alerts, and it is our intent to minimize disruption and confusion to the extent possible. The November 9 date is near the end of hurricane season and before the severe winter weather season begins in earnest. The 2 PM EST broadcast time will minimize disruption during rush hours, while ensuring that the test occurs during working hours across the United States.

I wouldn't get all tin-foil-y. If they had done a national test 6-months after the EAS system went live, people would still be freaking out thinking something was about to go down. Add in the recent OWS, Greece, Libya, and everything else and it's a recipe for people to invent conspiracy.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    November 9th communications shutdown

November 9th Communications Shutdown: A System Reboot Needed to Activate New Code? | Pakalert Press

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]November 9th communications shutdown[/FONT]

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]This will be at 1:00 CST.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]November 9th communications shutdown: A system reboot needed to activate new code?[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]October 29, 2011[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]John Boering[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif][Ed Note: The reverse of 9/11/2001 ten years later at about the same exact time as the 911 collapse occurred the reverse date 11/9/2011 is going to be the time of a total communication shut down by the government which would stop citizen Twitter, FACEBOOK, and cellphone TV and internet communication in case of Blowback when the collapse of the dollars comes. Arden Gifford, MD ]
    [/FONT]​
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]My take on the communications shutdown:[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]In what is obviously a muscle flexing exercise meant to show the public just how much power and control the federal government really has, all communications will be cut off for an estimated three minutes on November 9th, 2011.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Claiming this is a test of the emergency response system, the terror alert system, and any other excuse they can come up with, Fema (that would be the same FEMA in charge of those camps they deny exist) will conduct a complete communications shutdown: all TV, radio, internet, and phone systems will be disabled simultaneously. This will be at 1:00 CST.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]I am trying to figure out what kind of national emergency would require cutting all communications, broadcasts and internet use? Maybe an emergency in which the government itself feels threatened by …….the people? If this were a test to make sure the system was intact in the event of an emergency I could understand it. But that isn’t what this is. This is a test meant to ensure that the apparatus is in place and operational in the event the government wants to prevent communication between citizens: this is a test to make sure they CAN shut it all down if they choose to.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Think Egypt here. As the protest crowds grew in Egypt, what did the government do? They shut down all cell phones and internet access in an effort to halt communications. It didn’t stop anything, the crowds still grew, but the idea behind this action was clear.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]I believe what is actually behind this might be the downloading of some kind of code needed to make the shut-down apparatus work efficiently. Think about your cable system if you have one or even an upgrade to many computer programs. A new code must be downloaded and installed, then the system shutdown and re-booted for the changes to take effect. And, just like these coded program changes in computers and cable, once you re-boot, whatever was newly installed is activated and just runs silently behind the scenes. In fact, in almost every case, you are not even aware of what changes were made. I have a strange feeling this is what is happening here. I also think this is somehow attached to the all-digital system they forced everyone onto a few years back.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]Being a rather rational and logical person, the idea of shutting off communications of all kinds during a national emergency just doesn’t make any sense to me. Why would anyone want to do that? Wouldn’t your first reaction be to make sure communications were all intact and operational? Unless of course, their definition of an emergency is something other than say extreme weather, floods or things of that kind.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]In what kind of emergency situation would it benefit the public to have all communications shut down? I can’t even think of one.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]If I were the government I could see where it could be really handy especially in light of the steady growing unrest across the country. Of course their phones, computers and broadcast systems would all be working just fine as their communications systems are independent of the system the public uses.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]We have long since passed the point where we can trust government on any level. This impending communications shut down is only a test run for something far more serious. This is not about public safety, emergency response or any of the other fluff and hype put out to try and explain why the government would engage in such a test. In my opinion, this is merely a test run for a future event which could be catastrophic as far as the general public is concerned.[/FONT]
    [FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif] Keep your eyes and ears open……something is afoot here and it doesn’t look good for most of us.[/FONT]

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Amazingly interesting is that it will be one year to the day of that mystery missile launched off the coast of catalina island.

Or what they dismissed as a contrail of an inbound jetliner coming from hawaii. That you know, gets smaller as it gets closer(?).

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Some people still don't understand that this can all be shut off with much less than a presidential order.....

One person can easily kill phone, internet and video distribution to over 500,000 residents just here in Indiana ON ACCIDENT!!!

As technology grows, control over your environment declines.

I bet a large number of people posting here don't even know that the appliances you've bought in the last 5 years can be connected to via the power grid and manipulated by the power company without you ever knowing...but... but... they can't do that without your permission!!!... right?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Woohooo no internet at the office, means no work for me!! I will go home early.

Erm...they're not cutting off internet (or anything, for that matter). They're just activating the EAS system. This will be no different from the weekly and monthly tests that all radio and TV stations currently conduct on a local level. Unless your internet connection is somehow involved with EAS (that'd be a good trick...) then I hate to tell you this, but you're not going home early. :D

CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy
    Erm...they're not cutting off internet (or anything, for that matter). They're just activating the EAS system. This will be no different from the weekly and monthly tests that all radio and TV stations currently conduct on a local level. Unless your internet connection is somehow involved with EAS (that'd be a good trick...) then I hate to tell you this, but you're not going home early. :D

DAMMIT!! :(

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

@CombatRex

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JKiwfUb8YA[/ame]

Don't believe what Scutter01 is saying it will be...
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY[/ame]

& you'll be fine. :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom