• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Lucky for me the TV doesn't baby-sit my kids.

I'm right there with you but I just don't see the need of sexualizing kiddie shows. My daughter watches ICarly. For the most part it is a pretty good show. One episode had the girls doing their webshow in swim suits. To me, there is just something creepy about 13-15 yo girls wearing swimsuits on a tv show. It wouldn't mean much to the target audience but you can't tell me pedos don't watch this stuff.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I'm right there with you but I just don't see the need of sexualizing kiddie shows. My daughter watches ICarly. For the most part it is a pretty good show. One episode had the girls doing their webshow in swim suits. To me, there is just something creepy about 13-15 yo girls wearing swimsuits on a tv show. It wouldn't mean much to the target audience but you can't tell me pedos don't watch this stuff.

Agreed, which is why my kids will never ever watch Disney. I think it turns them into brats too. Just what I've observed watching my neice and nephew though.

Anyway, there is also a difference between nudity (partial, full, or otherwise) and sexualized nudity.

Venus di Milo - nude

Jenna Jameson - Sexualized nudity.

A boob in and of itself is not necessarily a sexualized thing. Especially if it's just cleavage, and it's not bouncing or being used in a way to stimulate a man sexually.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    At any rate, if I think a kiddie show is being sexualized, I change the channel or pop in a movie, or take my kids outside.

Nothing says I HAVE to watch a sexualized kiddie show.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    At any rate, if I think a kiddie show is being sexualized, I change the channel or pop in a movie, or take my kids outside.

Nothing says I HAVE to watch a sexualized kiddie show.

WHAT!!! WHAT!!! You mean you take personal responsibility for what your kids watch and actually will turn off the TV and go OMG outside to play! WHAT!!! Mr. ATOMonkey when the black van pulls up to your house in a few sec please do not fight it. We just need to take you for some re-education that is all.

Don't you know that the TV is there for you and your family to watch 24/7. ;)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Relatively speaking, I don't think today's shows are any more sexual than they were when I was growing up. I remember the cartoons with Wonder Woman, Cat Woman, etc., and they all had at least 36C's and were proud of it. Every generation looks at the next as if they are supposed to be pristine, but that will not happen. The solution is to change the channel or turn it off.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Our society is becoming full of horrible parents who would rather take anything that could be even vaguely offensive or not PC off the air.

I mean really she isn't dressed slutty, she is hot but she would be hot in jeans and a t-shirt. Also about kids in bathing suits, its no different than it used to be, people just complain about stuff today. It SHOULD be no big deal, everyone has been in a bathing suit at one time or another. Its really not that big of a deal.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Our society is becoming full of horrible parents who would rather take anything that could be even vaguely offensive or not PC off the air.

I mean really she isn't dressed slutty, she is hot but she would be hot in jeans and a t-shirt. Also about kids in bathing suits, its no different than it used to be, people just complain about stuff today. It SHOULD be no big deal, everyone has been in a bathing suit at one time or another. Its really not that big of a deal.

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not advocating banning this stuff in any way shape or form. I just don't think it's cool to put young teen girls on tv to give Dickie something to toss off to.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    image.php

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I did not see anything wrong with this video, but I don't have kids. I asked some co-workers that do though and they watched the video and they were completely ok with it. I asked them because they are very picky about what they let their kids watch. I would almost bet the parents that complained about this video are the same ones that think its cute for their 14 year old daughter to have her belly button pierced!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Informal experiement I did last night.

Sat my 5 year old to watch the Kate Perry/Elmo video
    She watched it and said Elmo sings good.
    I asked her about the girl. She said the girl was funny wearing the hat but did not sign good. She liked elmo better.

Sat my 3 year old to wacth the video. He just moving to the beat of the song and pointed at elmo several times saying "emo, emo, emo".

So I sit them both down again and load up the real HOT & Cold Video.
    My son begins to move to the beat but after a few second turns to me and says "no emo? no emo? emo!! emo!!" and my daughter says "that's the girl again but where is elmo? Put elmo back on the video."

So what can we learn from this? Well my 3 and 5 year old don't care about Kate or what she was wearing. They were focused on Elmo and what he was doing and saying. Suspect you could put Kate in her underwear and bra and my kids would still not care.

Hum.. me thinks those parents that are complaining are forgetting to look thru the eyes of a child when they see this and stop thinking dirty/filty thoughts instead.

The letter of the day is I for
    smiley-talk034.gif

llamant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Whats the big deal? Nothing sexual, not even innuendo. Anyone having a problem with this, is the problem.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    BTW elmo was on a morning talk TV show yesterday along with Grover and the SS exectutive producer. It's on Yahoo Videos. In any case Elmo said that he and Ms. Perry will be having another play date in the near future.

Also this is at least the 2nd time that one of elmo's "play dates" gets toss from airing. The Chris Brown and Elmo song did not make the airwaves a few years back as well. In that one it was because of Brown's scandal (ie. beating up his gfirend) that stopped the airing of it. Again nothing but PC BS.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Informal experiement I did last night.

Sat my 5 year old to watch the Kate Perry/Elmo video
    She watched it and said Elmo sings good.
    I asked her about the girl. She said the girl was funny wearing the hat but did not sign good. She liked elmo better.

Sat my 3 year old to wacth the video. He just moving to the beat of the song and pointed at elmo several times saying "emo, emo, emo".

So I sit them both down again and load up the real HOT & Cold Video.
    My son begins to move to the beat but after a few second turns to me and says "no emo? no emo? emo!! emo!!" and my daughter says "that's the girl again but where is elmo? Put elmo back on the video."

So what can we learn from this? Well my 3 and 5 year old don't care about Kate or what she was wearing. They were focused on Elmo and what he was doing and saying. Suspect you could put Kate in her underwear and bra and my kids would still not care.

Hum.. me thinks those parents that are complaining are forgetting to look thru the eyes of a child when they see this and stop thinking dirty/filty thoughts instead.

The letter of the day is I for
    smiley-talk034.gif

I watched the video on my Droid smartphone with my 3 year old son looking over my shoulder, all he cared about was Elmo.

Lobo

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2010
    Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not advocating banning this stuff in any way shape or form. I just don't think it's cool to put young teen girls on tv to give Dickie something to toss off to.

Don't take this the wrong way, but this is like your second or third post worrying about some pedo tossing off and watching young girls on TV. You're kinda creeping me out, dude.

:wrongdoor: :):

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Don't take this the wrong way, but this is like your second or third post worrying about some pedo tossing off and watching young girls on TV. You're kinda creeping me out, dude.

:wrongdoor: :):

I see his point to some extent but if you start modifying normal programming because a VERY small population thinks of it a different way you are just starting down a very slippery slope.

What next, cancel animal planet because billy bob thinks about goats?

Top Bottom