• ...and so much more!
  • Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    The game disagrees with Hornady.

I wouldn't say I've had good luck, but I have had excellent results. In 0.224" 0.243" and 0.284" I no longer hunt with anything else, unless I get nostalgic for 85 TSXs.

djones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Greenfield
    The game disagrees with Hornady.

I wouldn't say I've had good luck, but I have had excellent results. In 0.224" 0.243" and 0.284" I no longer hunt with anything else, unless I get nostalgic for 85 TSXs.

This is great news I already have had great results outta my 308 with 168 grn Amax. Thank you for the real world info!

Anyone else had luck with Amax on elk or other large game?

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I love it when guys disagree with the manufacturer of a bullet, when it comes to the intended purpose of said bullet. Now, if you find Nosler Partitions shoot bug-holes from your rifle, and you're willing to pay a premium to target shoot with those, go for it! But, when a company like Hornady tells you their A-Max bullets are not meant for big game hunting, why on earth would you argue with them?

I mean, jeez...there are probably two dozen bullets out there designed for hunting and one of them will almost certainly shoot with plenty of accuracy from your rifle. Heck, if your rifle shoots 168gr A-Max bullets really well, the odds are excellent it'll shoot one of the premium 165gr hunting bullets just fine. Why argue with the experts when a more reliable alternative is readily available? :rolleyes:

Top Bottom