• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    [video=youtube;7IL8InVDHkY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IL8InVDHkY[/video]

CM, here is a video I just thought of that you can check out. erice also put a thread up awhile back reviewing some ear muffs that were out at the time, it may be worth your time as it has good info in it for things to consider even if you don't choose one of the models he reviews.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You can borrow one of my sets of Peltor Tactical Sports for her to try out if you want. Wish I'd known this yesterday, I'd have sent a set home with you.

I was meaning to ask around the line as I saw many different styles and brands.
    But the allure of full auto distracted me.....:)

There is a lot of great info here. The spouse will be gone this week but when she returns I will have done the research and hope to have something picked out.

dhamby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Crawfordsville area
    I've been using Walker's Raxor Slims. They are very comfortable and use sound compression technology so you can still hear range commands or talk while others are shooting. I mainly shoot rifle and have had no issues with cheek weld.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Home Depot has a good price on the Peltor Tactical Sports so I pulled the trigger and ordered a pair. Right now I have the Howard Leights and don't really have any gripe about them as their clear sounding but I think it's time to try something new.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X. They sound great, are incredibly comfortable if you get the gel ear seals
    ^^^^^^^^The very best.^^^^^^^

I work 2-3 major USPSA matches per year. That's 3-5 days, 6-8 hrs per day. even at the 8-10 club matches I'll have them on ~5 hrs. HUGE step up above the rest. Incl in rains, etc.

-rvb

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I go with the $15 cheapies from Harbor Freight. Using a 20% coupon, they're $12 + tax. They work fine for me, and I don't notice enough difference vs. the better ones to justify the price difference. And when they croak or get lost, it's no big deal.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    The Peltor Tactical Sports arrived in the mail today and all I can say is I've been missing out. These are light years better than the Howard Leights. They seal perfectly on the sides of my head and block all the noise. Audio is crisp in comparison too. Great recommendation, thanks!

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    We use the Howard Leight and don't have any complaints. https://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leigh...&qid=1475792626&sr=8-2&keywords=howard+leight

The only issue was comfort if you don't have a large dome which may apply to the fairer sex...

We use the SOE Peltor Wraps with a piece of foam inside to add padding thickness. https://www.originalsoegear.com/products/peltor-headband-wrap

This helps 'lift' the headset up on your ear so they don't hang down.
    They are from SOE (Customer service issues notwithstanding).

YMMV.

blakeelee

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Brownsburg
    peltor rangeguard sport is what I use. It works perfectly. amplifies quiet noises and quiets the loud ones. I got mine super cheap because wal-mart scrweed up their price tags. 10 whole dollars. They typically run about 50 or 60 though. also has a headphone jack to listen to music if youre into that. Not the best headphone quality for music though

bthomp9

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    tipton
    up to 1000. I want in ear and molded to fit. I shoot enough to make the plunge. Over the ear gets in the way too much for rifle and shotgun. Especially shotgun. I shoot up to 308. If I can hunt with them great, but not required.

Top Bottom