• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Actually I would say I am consistent in my beliefs. I do not believe it should be legal for workers to band together and hold a business and consumers hostage to get what they want, just as I don’t believe it should be legal for the auto companies to band together to screw over the workers and consumers. What is good for the goose is good for the gander…
    Would be a fine approach for a just and moral people…… we’re not there maybe never were or will be

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Actually I would say I am consistent in my beliefs. I do not believe it should be legal for workers to band together and hold a business and consumers hostage to get what they want, just as I don’t believe it should be legal for the auto companies to band together to screw over the workers and consumers. What is good for the goose is good for the gander…
    So the owners of labor can not band together to form an HOA.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Amazing how no comment or complaints on how much money the shipping corporations make on here, nope only on how much the working stiff makes. It’s no wonder why our country is a mess as we turn on each other in jealousy or selfish interests. With 45k members of the longshoremen you could pay them all a million and it would not realistically raise the cost of the items they unload so that you would even notice. I won’t even go into how much money we GIVE away to those who do nothing.
    And as many as I asked repeatedly, only one has posted who they work for and or what they do for a living. Hummm.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    As a company, all they have to do is not sign the contract.

We could always go back to the nonexistent benefits and work weeks we all had before we had Labor Unions.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As a company, all they have to do is not sign the contract.
    We both know it is virtually impossible for a company to eliminate a union once in place. I have read of members decertifying a union but never a company that just didn’t sign a contract and hired nonunion employees. Do you have a real world example of this happening?

We could always go back to the nonexistent benefits and work weeks we all had before we had Labor Unions.
    Unions did many great things back in the day but now many of them harm productivity with company stifling work rules. No employee or representative should be able to tell the company they don’t want to do some other work if their machine is broken because only some other classification is allowed to clean up. Negotiate the pay and go to work and do the job the company assigns.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    We both know it is virtually impossible for a company to eliminate a union once in place. I have read of members decertifying a union but never a company that just didn’t sign a contract and hired nonunion employees. Do you have a real world example of this happening?

Unions did many great things back in the day but now many of them harm productivity with company stifling work rules. No employee or representative should be able to tell the company they don’t want to do some other work if their machine is broken because only some other classification is allowed to clean up. Negotiate the pay and go to work and do the job the company assigns.
    Grinnell Fire systems 1993 a Nationwide Company, I was on a job the day the Union Sprinkler Fitters on that job received a letter and they packed up there personal tools and walked away. They are still non union.

If you think to work in a Union less USA will fair the worker a better deal you would be in for a huge disappointment.
    Recall when the Union autoworkers negotiated their last raise?
    Why did the non union import companies give a huge raise to all of its hourly workers right after the Union contract was signed?

If they truly believed there employees earned that raise, why wasn't it already given out.

Again, you really have a twisted view and thinking of what most Unions are about and what 99.99% of all of the Union workers do all shift.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Ok, lets just talk about those horrible Union factory workers that refuse to move to a different machine or to a different job that they have been given no training on, zero education and the "Company" expects that employee to run that machine in a safe manner. LOL

How do you take say a person that has run a fork truck for 15 years and put them in the hot end of a steel plant with no training?
    When that happens where does a non union employee go or do over the fear of being terminated on the spot for not doing what his/her supervisor has told them to do.
    How do you tell someone in quality control for them to jump on that fork truck that they have never been on and go and refill the propane and then move those 250 pallets on to those rail cars in the rail yard?

Its a different story with a Union brother or sister.
    You are showing you really have never worked Union factory or Union Trade or non union factory or trade position.

And that leads me to ask, what do you do for a living?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Grinnell Fire systems 1993 a Nationwide Company, I was on a job the day the Union Sprinkler Fitters on that job received a letter and they packed up there personal tools and walked away. They are still non union.

If you think to work in a Union less USA will fair the worker a better deal you would be in for a huge disappointment.
    Recall when the Union autoworkers negotiated their last raise?
    Why did the non union import companies give a huge raise to all of its hourly workers right after the Union contract was signed?

If they truly believed there employees earned that raise, why wasn't it already given out.

Just “why did the non union import companies give a huge raise to all of its hourly workers right after the Union contract was signed”? Because it is, as I said, practically impossible for a manufacturing company to get rid of a union. If it wasn’t does anyone think many companies would not?

Again, you really have a twisted view and thinking of what most Unions are about and what 99.99% of all of the Union workers do all shift?
    I could type up stories all night about experiences and stories from friends. A buddy built a business working 4 hours of his 8 hour third shift, sleeping at home then going back in to clock out with first shift. A new hire made so many parts in his first four hours the steward hid them and he didn’t make another part for a week. Walk in a plant every day seeing the same guys playing cards, others sleeping. I have seen and heard a lot first hand.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    Ok, lets just talk about those horrible Union factory workers that refuse to move to a different machine or to a different job that they have been given no training on, zero education and the "Company" expects that employee to run that machine in a safe manner. LOL

How do you take say a person that has run a fork truck for 15 years and put them in the hot end of a steel plant with no training?
    When that happens where does a non union employee go or do over the fear of being terminated on the spot for not doing what his/her supervisor has told them to do.
    How do you tell someone in quality control for them to jump on that fork truck that they have never been on and go and refill the propane and then move those 250 pallets on to those rail cars in the rail yard?

You are showing you really have never worked Union factory or Union Trade or non union factory or trade position.

I will add when you have a friend get killed or permanently crippled on the job because management intimidation you might think differently. Like I said just and moral people aren’t around either side of the table. If the longshoremen are so cumbersome then perhaps it’s a great opportunity to start a union free unloading dock and shipping facility? The market obviously had the margins to meet their contract requirements. The timing of the previous contract expiration is unfortunate but not planned to exacerbate the situation. All you got to do is buy American and you won’t be affected anyway.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Just “why did the non union import companies give a huge raise to all of its hourly workers right after the Union contract was signed”? Because it is, as I said, practically impossible for a manufacturing company to get rid of a union. If it wasn’t does anyone think many companies would not?

I could type up stories all night about experiences and stories from friends. A buddy built a business working 4 hours of his 8 hour third shift, sleeping at home then going back in to clock out with first shift. A new hire made so many parts in his first four hours the steward hid them and he didn’t make another part for a week. Walk in a plant every day seeing the same guys playing cards, others sleeping. I have seen and heard a lot first hand.
    Again, what do you do for a living and where?

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana

All management issues there, I could also tell story after story about undeserving people, I still won’t turn on other workers to support corporations that broke their contract terms.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    All management issues there, I could also tell story after story about undeserving people, I still won’t turn on other workers to support corporations that broke their contract terms.
    I've said it before, my girl fires an average of two Union workers a week. Every week, this week has been a line worker and a tradesman from maintenance making about 40 bucks an hour.

But in reality my friends and I have never seen a Union worker actually working.

How many cars and trucks did Ford, GM and Stellantis build this year so far?
    It must be getting done with the robots and the non union temps doing the work.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

You had to change my premise to make a point. It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to clean up the place. A broken machine should not mean a worker doesn’t have to do some work, these unproductive work rules are detrimental to American workers and companies…

I work…

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    You had to change my premise to make a point. It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to clean up the place. A broken machine should not mean a worker doesn’t have to do some work, these unproductive work rules are detrimental to American workers and companies…

I work…
    Last time, so a punch press operator is supposed to have the knowledge on where the breaker panel is located and and is carrying his company issued lock out tag out lock devices and has the knowledge to de-energize the punch press he works everyday and the needed lockout for that machine after it's been de-energized.
    And then the electrical or hydro knowledge to go to the maintenance shop and find the correct parts and the knowledge to crimp a 5,000 psi hose and install it correctly. Then he will have to clean up the 75 gallons of #32 hydro oil on the floor and what to do with that dirty oil and put that machine back together again in reverse.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The question was “why did the non union import companies give a huge raise to all of its hourly workers right after the Union contract was signed”. I gave the answer as to why the companies did that. Why do you think the non union import companies give a huge raise to all of its hourly workers right after the Union contract was signed?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Last time, so a punch press operator is supposed to have the knowledge on where the breaker panel is located and and is carrying his company issued lock out tag out lock devices and has the knowledge to de-energize the punch press he works everyday and the needed lockout for that machine after it's been de-energized.
    And then the electrical or hydro knowledge to go to the maintenance shop and find the correct parts and the knowledge to crimp a 5,000 psi hose and install it correctly. Then he will have to clean up the 75 gallons of #32 hydro oil on the floor and what to do with that dirty oil and put that machine back together again in reverse.
    There are productive things they can do that do not require training in rocket science. I have been assigned those jobs in my work life.

Top Bottom